Flames Fan Roll Call

BacksInTheSaddle

Feb 6, 2014
Saskatchewan
Guess I haven't done one of these and perhaps its a little redundant now but might as well give it a shot.

Name: Adam

Hometown: Cold Lake, Alberta

When/How did you start watching the Flames: 2004 Cup Run, saw the way Kipper played and I was absolutely enthralled. Started playing goalie myself the next year and have been ever since.

Favorite Flame: Currently- Sean Monahan, Historically- Kipper, guy is my hero

Favorite Flame prospect: Granlund, bright future ahead for this guy

How long on HF: Couple years, not sure exactly.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
When/How did you start following the Flames?: Kipper trade. Didnt have access to video feed back then so I stayed up and listened the playoffs through NHL radio stream.

I usually have followed and cheered for all Finnish players in NHL. I realized I became a fan during this season, I just like the underdogs / never give up / good goaltending etc. feeling that the Flames give me (see Finnish national team :D).
Favourite Flame? I guess it's Ortio at the moment... hard to say, I like team more than single players at the moment.
Favourite Flame Prospect? see above
How long have you been on HF Boards? Registered in 2007, read this site for some years before that. I dont post much (at all, :dunno:) but I check almost daily to see whats going on in NHL.

This season I started watching Flames in early November; an OT win against Colorado was the first game. And then the losing streak happened... I can't watch all the games live and on the weekdays I'll usually have to settle for checking the scores when I wake up. I'm not sure if I've seen a (live game with) Flames win in regulation this season (hope this is a jinx of a kind...)

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Hello.

My name is Adirondack Flames and I'm an addict. Hockey addict

I come here for my daily, sometimes hourly or more fix. I'm a junkie always fiending for more.

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC
Name: Nick
When I started following the flames? When I moved to Cochrane 9 years ago.
Favourite Flame: Sean Monahan
Favourite Flames Prospect: Sam Bennett
How long have I been on HF?: Registered since early 2014 but been looking since 2013.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Name: Michael
Hometown: Calgary
When/How did you start following the Flames?
Boy, eh... 2008? 07? 04? I can't really remember. It was 08-09 though that got me going.
Favourite Flame?
Todd Bertuzzi. Favourite current Flame: Kris Russell
Favourite Flame Prospect?
Austin Carroll.
How long have you been on HF Boards?
Since, like, April

Ticonderoga

For the Watch
Jul 17, 2007
New Westminster
Figured I would reintroduce myself.

Name: James

When/How did you start following the Flames: Mid nineties off and on, till 2004 then it was all the time.

Favourite Flame: Iggy
Favourite current Flame: Monahan
Favourite Flame Prospect: Is Bennett still a prospect? lol, maybe Tyler Wotherspoon then.

How long have you been on HF Boards? Since 2007 I think, I was here back when Lunatik was posting alot (what ever happened to him?). Took some time off and became a lurker on these boards, but I have been around for some time. Also it's hard to stay on top of the team when you don't get that many games on TV (stupid BC).

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Might as well do this.

Name: Josh
Hometown: Commack, NY

How/When did I start watching the flames: I'm an islanders fan, with the flames as a close 1b. I started watching in the 04 cup finals. Those games are the earliest hockey games I remember, besides watching the Isles vs Canucks in 2002 at the Coliseum. Then in 2006, my uncle introduced me to video games with NHL 07 on the original xbox. In fact, I still play that game! From NHL 07-11, those games helped me learn about many of the hockey players outside of the Northeast teams. My favorite players of all time, are Iggy, Kippur, and Sakic. Then sometime in October or November, I came here during an islanders vs flames game, and ended up moving here from the Isles board. That's when I ended up watching the flames with the Isles, instead of just watching the highlights the next morning and occasionally turn on a flame game on NHL Center Ice.

Favorite Flame of all time: Kippur
Favorite current flame: Brodie
Favorite Flames Prospect: Does Bennett still count? Since he probably doesn't, I'll probably go with Kylington.

How long have I been on HF: Since whatever it says my join date is, but joined HF Flames in October or November.

Dan403

Apr 2, 2014
Dan

Started Watching: Playoffs 1984.
Best Memory: Driving on the #1, just by Lac Des Arcs with my dad, listening on the radio, when the Flames won the cup in 89.

Favorite Flames: How can you make me pick?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Have been on HF since may 2012., started off as a troll account lol. Made my way to the Flames board that September and became InFeasterWetrust. I may do this roll call thing eventually.

As if you've changed that much... :sarcasm:

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Not my best Flames memory but something Flames related anyway.

Back in the early/mid 90' I was driving with my mom back home on a Sunday afternoon after visiting my grandmother. It was a long, over 3 hour drive but luckily Jokerit Helsinki and TPS Turku were playing in SM-liiga finals, so I could listen the game on the radio.

During the pregame they said that "as a surprise move, the goalie for TPS tonight is Marko's younger brother, teenager Miikka Kiprusoff" and my reaction was something like :amazed:

When the game started they said "April fools! of course the starter for TPS is *whoever their starter was*"

So that's when I learned that Marko Kiprusoff, who was kind of a star in Finnish league and national team at that time, had a younger brother who was a goalie :laugh:

Tried to find the exact year but April 1st wasn't on Sunday during that time, though it was on Saturday in 1995

Last edited:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Guess I might as well fill this out also:

Name: Manning Damant
Hometown: *Technically* is Montréal, QC, but I identify it as Greenville, NC for how young I was when I moved there
When/How did you start following the Flames?: Just kinda started following them since I moved here in 2010
Favorite Flame?: Right now - Johnny Gaudreau. Of all time - HÃ¥kan Loob
Favorite Flame Prospect?: Jankowski
How long have you been on HF Boards?:Since June, 2011
Colleges attended//attending: East Carolina (Undergrad), the University of Alabama (Grad), University of Calgary (Doctorate)

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Ehhh, why not:

When/How: The 2015 run. I had followed them since the 04 run, but I had school and work, so there just was no time for hockey, and I kind of fell out of love with the sport. But that 2015 run, man it made me excited for the franchise again. Now to hope THIS will finally be the year.

Favourite Flames right now: The Captain
Favourite all time: The other captain
Favourite Prospect: Fat Ras
How long on HF: Started lurking in 2017, joined last year. Spend way too much time posting here now, but I'm sure I'll get over it :help:

Also, how can people have posts from 2005? The farthest back I can go on this board is 2012.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Location: Okotoks AB (a nice small town on the outskirts of Calgary for those who don't know)
Hometown: Everywhere as I grew up an Air Force brat... spent the longest time growing up in Belleville Ont which is close to CFB Trenton.
How/When did I start watching the flames: The year they moved to Calgary. Was fortunate enough to watch them play in the Corral once. What an intimate experience that was! It was also my first live NHL game.

Favorite Current Flame: Johnny Hockey
Favorite Flame of All-Time: Dougie Gilmour (was devastated when he was traded. Have hated Doug Risebrough ever since)
Favorite Pospect: Dube
How long on HF? Lurking since 2008. Used to post on CP but got sick of the wolf pack devouring its own over there.​

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Also, how can people have posts from 2005? The farthest back I can go on this board is 2012.

The boards existed in a similar format to today since 2002 but existed in earlier Usenet styles before that, at least since 2001 when I first found this board.

They migrated the board and lost a bunch of past posts, surprised this one still exists tbh.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
The boards existed in a similar format to today since 2002 but existed in earlier Usenet styles before that, at least since 2001 when I first found this board.

They migrated the board and lost a bunch of past posts, surprised this one still exists tbh.

I mean the prospect board can go as far back as 2003, but it's just weird how some of the posts are gone and others are not. Anyway, thanks for the explanation.

Darth Maida

Jan 25, 2019
Hometown: - Brighton
Worked with a guy from Calgary here in the UK back in 06/07. He would watch Flames highlights at his desk and I started watching with him. Then met a guy from Halifax at my next job and we would talk hockey all day.

Favorite Current Flame: Backlund
Favorite Flame of All-Time: Lanny
Favorite Prospect: Dube
How long on HF? Lurking for a few years now.

Reactions: super6646

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->