GDT: Flames @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
ok, removing the fact that he's even a hockey player let a lone a not-good one from the equation, some of you really need to get over ****. :laugh: also let's not pretend like you still wouldn't like it if he was a god in net and our starter.

let's go back to the good old days when players couldn't choose their numbers or show any personality.

I haven't liked it all year, amazing that people on a message board have different opinions, it's shocking I tell ya.

I don't care that Lou is gone, I said it before. I saw these Twitter posts that were much more accurate over on njdevs...

Reactions: Bleedred and mtnet

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I haven't liked it all year, amazing that people on a message board have different opinions, it's shocking I tell ya.

I don't care that Lou is gone, I said it before. I saw these Twitter posts that were much more accurate over on njdevs...

attacking your right to not like it (maybe i shouldn't have said "get over shit") and thinking it's really not a flaw that sound be of primary concern for hockey fans who just want to see wins are two totally separate things.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
attacking your right to not like it (maybe i shouldn't have said "get over ****") and thinking it's really not a flaw that sound be of primary concern for hockey fans who just want to see wins are two totally separate things.

It certainly adds to my annoyance and lower tolerance of him for me because of how shit he is on the ice.

Anyway.....

We have gone 5-9-3 since the overturned Hall goal in the late December game against Buffalo. Obviously Kinkaid didn't play in all those games but if Cory isn't coming back any time soon I'd be surprised it we actually make the playoffs.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
by the way, in regards to all this talk about save percentage. you guys realize that if you remove the game he was injured against philly, kinkaid’s save percentage climbs to like .903, right? putting him up there with the likes of matt murray (pretty good) and craig anderson (average)? yeah maybe that isn’t setting the bar too high, but I don’t tend to set the bar very high for the keith kinkaids of the world.

Being injured is not the reason he gave up three goals though, he got injured on the last one but it was just a poor performance from the start.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
looking at the gaudreau goal i think kinkaid was expecting him to flick it to the top shelf so he was over aggressive in cutting down the angle. jg then flipped it through kinkaids massive 5 hole which he knew should have been closed.

i still think that play should have never happened. it started with a devils 2 on 1 where the pass went over bratts stick and he was extremely weak on the boards. gaudreau hooked nico down which should have prevented the chance right there and then you have a top nhl scorer on a breakaway.

like kinkaid was weak but that situation should have mever occured. hischier was prevented from joining the play because of gaudreaus cheap hook.

the refs were just as bad as kinkaid tonight and i think had as much influence.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
jesus no. take that back. if anything this Devil team looks like the Rangers of the past 3 years. Lundqvist wouldn't be any better than Schneider right now.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
looking at the gaudreau goal i think kinkaid was expecting him to flick it to the top shelf so he was over aggressive in cutting down the angle. jg then flipped it through kinkaids massive 5 hole which he knew should have been closed.

i still think that play should have never happened. it started with a devils 2 on 1 where the pass went over bratts stick and he was extremely weak on the boards. gaudreau hooked nico down which should have prevented the chance right there and then you have a top nhl scorer on a breakaway.

like kinkaid was weak but that situation should have mever occured. hischier was prevented from joining the play because of gaudreaus cheap hook.

the refs were just as bad as kinkaid tonight and i think had as much influence.

So what happened there is that he tried to be a hybrid goalie and go paddle-down but didn't commit to the half-butterfly. Marty went through a phase where he really liked doing this, and at the time I really liked mimicking him when I was playing beer-league, so I did it too.

I found it hard to be successful, because your blocker sometimes prevents you from getting the paddle completely flat on the ice and pucks can sneak underneath.

That's exactly what happened to Keith - he tried to be unpredictable and take away as much as he could - but his paddle never got flat and he's relying upon it to close the 5-hole. Also, just like you said, he sees Johnny Hockey on the backhand, so you're trying to stay tall in that situation and aggressive in case he tries to go over you.

It's a bummer, and it looked terrible. I was more unhappy (after replays) about his slowness getting over to seal the post on the next goal. I thought Greene deflected the shot (and he might have, in close) but I think a better goalie gets his shoulder on the post and doesn't just try to use the glove to snag it.

Reactions: haak84

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
yeah it looked really bad and kinkaid knew he wasn't just slow to react but that he got outsmarted as well. but i mean johnny hockey is an elite NHL player who should have been in the penalty box instead of on the breakaway.

all of these posts about kinkaid and no one talking about how bad bratt looked. he helped cause that breakaway and was being thrown around all game.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
like the fact the refs missed this:

Jgbkek4.jpg

is a f***ing joke. that prevented hischier from joining the play and from it being a 3 on 1. it also prevented nico from backchecking.

the refs this year have been a disgrace

Reactions: Devils Dominion

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Being injured is not the reason he gave up three goals though, he got injured on the last one but it was just a poor performance from the start.

i didn’t say it was related. i removed it because he got shelled in 12 minutes, and it’s an obvious outlier that drags his SV% down. hypothetically, he could have stopped every puck afterwards and his SV% would be in line with the rest of the games he played.

the game against the isles where lee scored on a breakaway a minute after the game, and he didn’t allow another goal after that- if he were injured trying to save lee’s shot and left the game after, he’d have a 60ish GAA and 0 SV%, and i would’ve removed that too.

that’ll be my last kinkaid post for the day. clearly i’m in the minority here. and this isn’t directed at you, but most here seem proudly ignorant of the context, because it’s a lot easier to blame kinkaid and chow down on the low hanging fruit. and arguing against that is pretty pointless. i’ll just continue to believe that he’s an average backup who is doing everything he can to keep us in the playoff race, and doing a decent job at it until cory comes back, and you guys can believe whatever you want

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
rewatching that breakaway goal it is all on bratt and the refs before it even becomes kinkaid's problem. but lets believe that cory would have saved the day on a breakaway against one of the leagues craftiest scorers.

bratt had the puck in the corner and weakly lost it to the flames D. he was so soft.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
rewatching that breakaway goal it is all on bratt and the refs before it even becomes kinkaid's problem. but lets believe that cory would have saved the day on a breakaway against one of the leagues craftiest scorers.

bratt had the puck in the corner and weakly lost it to the flames D. he was so soft.

How bout Hall just shoots the puck?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

fairly confident in saying Cory would have 100% stopped it.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
fairly confident in saying Cory would have 100% stopped it.

hm no hes given up breakaway goals before and it may not be the same shot/move. even still it should have never gotten to that point. bratt could just turn in the corner instead of moving the puck towards his own defensive zone.

Reactions: Tao Jones

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
hm no hes given up breakaway goals before and it may not be the same shot/move. even still it should have never gotten to that point. bratt could just turn in the corner instead of moving the puck towards his own defensive zone.

he's 19 years old. if he's still making plays like that after two or three years in the league then you may have a point.

Reactions: glenwo2 and mtnet

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
he's 19 years old. if he's still making plays like that after two or three years in the league then you may have a point.

hes our first line winger. it was a weak play that resulted in a goal. i have a point right now.

im not saying hes going to be good all the time but his age does not prevent him from being criticized.

Reactions: MartyOwns

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
hes our first line winger. it was a weak play that resulted in a goal. i have a point right now.

im not saying hes going to be good all the time but his age does not prevent him from being criticized.

hall could have taken a shot, jesper could have kept it down low, kinkaid could have made a save.

that's three moving parts to a play that all could have potentially prevented a goal against.

but, you know, we can never blame the team and need to pick on individual players.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

heaven help us if someone on the 1st line scores a goal…because if one of them does, they will try to set up their linemates for the rest of the game, forcing passes and making very unnecessary high risk plays. I can appreciate the sentiment behind it, but for god’s sake be selfish. I knew hall would pass it on that 2 on 1 as soon as he and bratt crossed the blue line.

Reactions: New Jersey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad