GDT: Flames @ Coyotes, 7:00 MT, SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
On the one hand I’m super happy and excited about Bennett doing well tonight and getting a chance on the top line for awhile.

On the other hand OKG posts are coming

Reactions: Cyrano

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Bennett on the wing gets two points in the first period, Bennett as a center zero points in 18 games.

“Quick get our 55 point center to wing and move Bennett back to centre”

It makes no sense at all and yet despite all the proof it still gets suggested.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Even from a basic concept, Bennett plays best with puck carrying speed (Gaudreau, Backlund, Frolik, even Mason Raymond that one year and to an extent Joe Colborne). Jankowski is a good linemate for him but their RW all year has been a poor fit. Jagr was the best option but speed was non-existent.

Yeah I agree with that. I mean I’m not at all comparing Bennett to Sid, but Sid looks his best with a certain kind of player. The Flames don’t have a ton of skilled top 6 players, so it makes sense to try and make the ones you do have their very best by giving them support.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
That looked like a high stick, I can’t imagine that stands.

Although when he touches it it may be close.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Bennett on the wing gets two points in the first period, Bennett as a center zero points in 18 games.

“Quick get our 55 point center to wing and move Bennett back to centre”

It makes no sense at all and yet despite all the proof it still gets suggested.

Bennett never played 18 games at C this year. He has played two since Jankowski's callup - the W where Jankowski was scratched and Bartkowski was awful, and the blowout W over Carolina when Monahan was sick.

Of the other eight, He was awful in one of those (@EDM), and excellent in many others (OTT, VAN, WPG, ANA) and unlucky not to have a point. More importantly the team was winning during that stretch because Bennett offers more than points down the middle.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Bennett never played 18 games at C this year. He has played two since Jankowski's callup - the W where Jankowski was scratched and Bartkowski was awful, and the blowout W over Carolina when Monahan was sick.

Of the other eight, He was awful in one of those (@EDM), and excellent in many others (OTT, VAN, WPG, ANA) and unlucky not to have a point. More importantly the team was winning during that stretch because Bennett offers more than points down the middle.

He has played more than 18 games at center over his career and at no point has he been better than Monahan.

If it isn’t 18 games it was certainly more than enough to see he is having better success on the wing.

There is zero reason to move a much better center in Monahan to the wing to put in a worse player in a position that is not his best.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
He has better success with better linemates. he does not have better success on the wig.

What are you talking about he is on the wing and playing great so far tonight?

On the wing with Jankowski and Hathaway those aren't any better linemates then he had when he was center.

And again not a single thing here has suggested why he is center and Monahan moves to the wing? You have never once shown a reason for that move that makes zero sense.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Sharks down 5-1 to smashville

xOJ7c.gif

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I can't believe we ran a 4-1 top PP unit without Hamilton and Tkachuk for so long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->