GDT: Flames @ Coyotes, 7:00 MT, SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I can't believe it took 61 ****ing games for them to put that line together. Should have been from the start of preseason.

Perhaps Gully learned that's OK to change the lineup when it's not working.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
The way Gillies moves looks so unorthodox to me.

You mean like

giphy.gif

?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I'd nominate you for head coach if I didn't think you were going to give Backlund 60 minutes of ice time.
I'm pretty sure we could crowd source coaching ideas off this board better than Gulutzan & Co.

Took more than half a season to do completely obvious things. Like Hamilton on the PP.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I can't believe it took 61 ****ing games for them to put that line together. Should have been from the start of preseason.
Definitely thought Bennett with Gaudreau would stick after game 2 against the Jets. Laughable how GG reversed the decision like mid-way into the next game.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Amazing what happens when you give your skilled players some support and play them with other skilled players. Hopefully these guys stick together for a while now. Bennett looks like a different player, again.

100% agreed. It’s almost like Bennett doesn’t have to carry Brouwer/Hath and learn to play with “elite 1C but plays like a 3C” Janks.

When he’s set up for success, he’s starting to take advantage of it. Hopefully he keeps it up, because this is what we need.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Bennett's decision making speed is still not NHL caliber. He's a better winger right now.

Bennett is the best center on this roster and his decision making speed is perfectly fine when he doesn't have to dump and chase with Hathaway, Brouwer, et al.

What I've seen of Bennett most of this year sans the very first Oilers game is a better C than backlund even.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'm pretty sure we could crowd source coaching ideas off this board better than Gulutzan & Co.
It's really amazing just how much tunnel vision they have. They always make the right decisions months after they should've been made. I can't wait until Brodie moves back to the right side and our offense takes off

Reactions: Janks

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
All I know is every time I’ve seen Benny play with Johnny, he looks his best. Yes Johnny attacks and draws a lot of attention, but it allows many many of the skilled plays Sam creates to have a chance at success rather than going nowhere. What a concept.

Even from a basic concept, Bennett plays best with puck carrying speed (Gaudreau, Backlund, Frolik, even Mason Raymond that one year and to an extent Joe Colborne). Jankowski is a good linemate for him but their RW all year has been a poor fit. Jagr was the best option but speed was non-existent.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
It's really amazing just how much tunnel vision they have. They always make the right decisions months after they should've been made. I can't wait until Brodie moves back to the right side and our offense takes off

‘You can always count on Gulutzan and co to do the right thing after they have tried absolutely everything else’
- Mikael Backlund
- Winston Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad