Post-Game Talk: Flames @ Capitals 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
They need more consistent play from 8 and 92. They were both pretty good against the Wild (Kuznetsov with 7 SOG) and it led to one of their more complete team-efforts of the year. Hopefully Kuznetsov continues to shoot.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Capitals Quadrophenia:
- Forsberg
- Varlamov
- Boudreau
- Brouwer/Jagr

Haha I just looked at Brouwer's stats for this season: 19 GP, 0 G, 3 A, 16 shots on goal, -7.8% rel. Corsi, 13:20 average TOI!

How can he continue getting so much ice time despite basically 0 production? Dude is a scrub and can thank a great PP in DC and one good postseason run in STL for his ridiculous contract.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Also I trashed Brouwer in last season's GDT before the game and he ended up scoring. Sorry for the incoming Brouwer 3 point night.

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
Haha I just looked at Brouwer's stats for this season: 19 GP, 0 G, 3 A, 16 shots on goal, -7.8% rel. Corsi, 13:20 average TOI!

How can he continue getting so much ice time despite basically 0 production? Dude is a scrub and can thank a great PP in DC and one good postseason run in STL for his ridiculous contract.

Hit the nail on the head there. Flames fans already have him pinned him up as the local whipping boy for next THREE years :help:

But hell if he did so well in DC then you guys can have him back :naughty:

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome

He is bruuuuutal.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
To me, Brouwer was a very good third liner, but playing on the second line, where he's sometimes good. He doesn't carry the play, nor does he make things happen, but he always seemed to think he was. 35 playoff games, and he scored a total of 3 goals for the Caps, that just doesn't cut it. $4.5 million per, yikes! I admit to criticizing BMac, but man, that Oshie trade stands as his best trade. Caps carry the momentum, and extinguish the Flames (sorry). 3-2

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Jagr and Brouwer. A parade of the hated ex-Caps in DC tonight. I don't really hate Jagr, some of us do but I wasn't a Caps fan when he was on the team. Brouwer though, his stone hands and his "leadership" can go kick rocks.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
T-Bro had 1 memorable game with the Caps at the Winter Escapades on Ice when he scored the gamewinner with ~15 secs left. Otherwise, glad he's missing the net somewhere else.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Jagr and Brouwer. A parade of the hated ex-Caps in DC tonight. I don't really hate Jagr, some of us do but I wasn't a Caps fan when he was on the team. Brouwer though, his stone hands and his "leadership" can go kick rocks.
Jagr was great for us, when he felt like playing without his grumpy face. He wore his emotions too easily, and it became more of a distraction and hindrance to the team, It's just who he is, when he's unhappy everyone would know. If there is any consolation, Beech, Sivek, and Lupashuk never amounted to anything. Anson Carter stayed for a season, and was shipped out as part of the rebuild, Jared Aulin was the return from LA. Aulin, I think had injury issues, and never really had a career. Oh well.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Jagr was great for us, when he felt like playing without his grumpy face. He wore his emotions too easily, and it became more of a distraction and hindrance to the team, It's just who he is, when he's unhappy everyone would know. If there is any consolation, Beech, Sivek, and Lupashuk never amounted to anything. Anson Carter stayed for a season, and was shipped out as part of the rebuild, Jared Aulin was the return from LA. Aulin, I think had injury issues, and never really had a career. Oh well.

Getting Jagr off the team and tanking led to drafting Ovechkin. I'd say it worked out well for us.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Getting Jagr off the team and tanking led to drafting Ovechkin. I'd say it worked out well for us.

It also wasted the last productive years of several beloved staple Capitals players. All because Jagr didn't like DC, I've read.

I'm not going to rewrite that whole bad situation in a positive light just because our consolation prize turned out to be fun to watch in the regular season. It didn't have to happen that way.

/old debate is old

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It also wasted the last productive years of several beloved staple Capitals players. All because Jagr didn't like DC, I've read.

I'm not going to rewrite that whole bad situation in a positive light just because our consolation prize turned out to be fun to watch in the regular season. It didn't have to happen that way.

/old debate is old

To quote a character of one of my favourite TV shows: "Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old has to be put to rest."

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
glad he's missing the net somewhere else.
Hahaha. Totally.

The original Shankapotamous.

And king of the statistical ‘hit.’ He definitely found that perfect sweet spot where you get credit on scoresheet for hit but where no one - neither hitter nor hittee — sustains any actual physical discomfort.

The delusions of team leadership were icing on the cake.

That said, yeah, he is definitely scoring tonight.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY

/old debate is old

Why are you minimizing what #8 did for the franchise and hockey in the DMV area as a whole? Caps are worth twice as much now and all these new ice rinks popping up all over the place aren't a coincidence either. f*** Jagr! Things worked out just as they should have.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Why are you minimizing what #8 did for the franchise and hockey in the DMV area as a whole? Caps are worth twice as much now and all these new ice rinks popping up all over the place aren't a coincidence either. **** Jagr! Things worked out just as they should have.

Come on. It's not minimizing Ovechkin to reject the idea that the Jagr debacle was OK because we got Ovie out of it. You don't pick 1st overall if you're a good team. We sucked. And as I said we wasted the final years of some very good, classic Capitals players.

Landing Ovie was luck. The Jagr debacle was bad management of a talented group of players. We don't have to like both things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->