GDT: Flames at Wild: Dec. 12 6pm MT on SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Would be nice to change up the PP. Having a d-man in the back (Brodie) who doesn't have a hammer of a shot is so f***ing stupid. No defender ever has to defend him because he poses no threat, it's so infuriating watching Brodie fake a slapper, ain't no one think you actually going to shoot. And having no one on their opposite side for the 1-timer is also baffling. Oh yeah, and why is a 4th liner on our 1st PP unit? sigh

Should be: Gio (d-man)-Gaudreau (left half wall)-Mony (move between his off wing and the middle)-Tkachuk (in front)-Janko (move between his off wing and the middle with Mony so they're always moving to get open). I have Janko there because he is a turnover machine in the offensive zone and can keep the puck in the zone.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I never understood in past year when fans would say they were losing interest in watching the Flames. To me I loved hockey and always loved watching them. I understood it even less when we were winning but not playing "exciting" hockey.

But this year has started (not fully got there) changed my view on this. This team is tough to watch. Outside a few guys (Monahan, Tkachuk, Hamilton, Brodie, Hamonic) there isn't a ton to like when it comes to the players. The play on the ice isn't just poor but its frustrating to watch all the silly mistakes and bad choices. Watching GG refuse to make any adjustments at all whether in game or from game to game is both baffling and frustrating. I really don't get his mindset of it didn't work the first 50 times lets hope number 51 is the charm.

I still like hockey just as much so it isn't a loss in interest that way and I still watch all the games but the excitement/anticipation just isn't there like it normally is and its starting to feel more like a chore to watch rather than treat.

Anyways I guess not the end of the world only getting 1 point on the road but that was such a winnable game I came away feeling like it was a real let down.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
We definitely aren't an exciting team to watch, objectively speaking.
There are ocassional moments when it all comes together (e.g. Blues game, half of the Jets game, Wings game) but these games are too few and far between

Reactions: Sk8M8

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
We definitely aren't an exciting team to watch, objectively speaking.

When our top line is really "on," they're literally a top 3 line in the league for excitement. When they're off a bit or playing normal, the whole team plummets to meh as far as excitement goes. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes having that top line going, really.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
And I tell you what, though . . . Gaudreau and Monahan are the best in the league 3 on 3. It's always amazing when we don't finish it in the extra frame. Johnny was flying again tonight. Simply amazing.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
How we didn't win this game with the chances we had baffles me.
Oh well, points in 4 straight, hopefully we can put forth the same effort Thursday and come out with the 2 points.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
We need goal scoring help, this is a major concern. We need to start a winning streak, we don't have our first round pick.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
How we didn't win this game with the chances we had baffles me.
Oh well, points in 4 straight, hopefully we can put forth the same effort Thursday and come out with the 2 points.

So. This loss has me thinking.
At the start of the year, this team was playing very poorly and still managing to find point; now this team is outplaying teams every night and still finding ways to lose & give-up points.

Last night Monahan had a really rough night. The 3rd line was buzzing and got really unlucky not to score.

Keep playing like this and we'll keep getting points.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
We need goal scoring help, this is a major concern. We need to start a winning streak, we don't have our first round pick.

raining_money_kane.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad