GDT: Flames at Stars: 6:30pm MT on SNW

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I'm not watching tonight but I hate how Gillies comes from the Ben Bishop school of "I am big so I can sit deep in my crease all the time and let the pucks hit me" goalie style

It's better he does that then move to try to meet the shot, considering his positioning is among the worst I've seen in the NHL.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I’m not sure anyone should have expected Stewie to be overly physical. Yeah he’s big and fights on occasion, but he doesn’t play a big game. Brouwer is much more physical overall, Stewie is quite a bit more skilled.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You literally just said he's been fine for a period and a half on the top line yet you're basing that off the exact same sample size I am... super smart.

We've been out shot-attempted 15-6 with Stewart on the ice tonight. That's s***

We know you hate all our players but at least try and make some decent arguments when you're posting total crap

Fine is a pretty blah assessment because we really haven’t seen much to give us more to go on.

And the “hate all players” isn’t any more true because you keep trotting it out.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
We’re getting a huge performance from Bishop. It’s the only difference now.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Trolling because you said Bennett has spent the last year and a half proving he doesn't belong in the NHL while pumping Stewart's tires when he was waived yesterday. It's such a laughable blunder that from anyone else I'd assume it was intentionally ironic

LOL

It’s not a blunder. Just because you can’t get the point doesn’t mean it’s blunder.

It’s showing how people are willing to give one guy a ton of rope and yet want to drop the other in a nanosecond.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I'm not watching tonight but I hate how Gillies comes from the Ben Bishop school of "I am big so I can sit deep in my crease all the time and let the pucks hit me" goalie style
Except bishop has much better reflex

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You said Bennett has spent the last year and a half proving he doesn't belong in the NHL while pumping Stewart's tires when he was waived yesterday.

Sam Bennett had 13-13-26 last year for stats, went 18 games this year without a point and is on pace for 30 points this year.

It is not unreasonable to suggest he could have (and may still) have used some time in the AHL.

If saying that a guy has been fine in 8 minutes of play is considered "pumping his tires" I guess it is just because I always so overly positive about Flames players that it is my nature to constantly pump their tires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Sam Bennett had 13-13-26 last year for stats, went 18 games this year without a point and is on pace for 30 points this year.

It is not unreasonable to suggest he could have (and may still) have used some time in the AHL.

If saying that a guy has been fine in 8 minutes of play is considered "pumping his tires" I guess it is just because I always so overly positive about Flames players that it is my nature to constantly pump their tires.

I don't disagree that Bennett probably needed another year. I'm not really a huge believer and I'm tired of cutting him slack. I just think it's funny that you say he doesn't belong in the NHL when comparing him to Chris Stewart.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I don't disagree that Bennett probably needed another year. I'm not really a huge believer and I'm tired of cutting him slack. I just think it's funny that you say he doesn't belong in the NHL when comparing him to Chris Stewart.

Ok?

Chris Stewart was just on waivers and was picked up by a team with reports that other teams wanted him, doesn't that show he is an NHLer?

Also the point was more about the ridiculous amount of time that people were overreacting about but feel free to continue to focus on the whole NHLer aspect.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Hey GG, I'm right handed and play ODR on the weekends. Can I play on our top line for a game? I promise I'll skate my bag off too.

I should play I was faster than my team's best player when I played hockey, albeit I was also terrible at backwards skating and couldn't stop to save my life, but who cares if it's pure speed and bang and crash that Gulutzan wants, I'm the man! I'm a RHS as well haha.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Tkachuk is the obvious solution to this conundrum. Think about how good he is in deep, and then think about how good Monahan is in deep, and then think about how good Gaudreau is at puckhandling. I don't understand why we haven't at least tried it once.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Tkachuk is the obvious solution to this conundrum. Think about how good he is in deep, and then think about how good Monahan is in deep, and then think about how good Gaudreau is at puckhandling. I don't understand why we haven't at least tried it once.

I have zero doubts he would kill it on the top. Only problem is, we would only have 1 line that could score.

Reactions: Baxterman

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
See my post above - Matty T is a lefty. Obviously he can't play the right side. Duh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad