GDT: Flames at Stars: 6:30pm MT on SNW

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Haven't been able to watch much of this one, but Dallas on pp #6 nearing the end of the second? Not a team you want to give advantages to, despite them falling to 19th in that area. They'll 4/8 us pretty quick.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
I haven't seen many, if any better goaltending performances than the one Bishop is putting on tonight through 2 periods

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Bennett has spent the last year and half making a case that he shouldn't be in the NHL- get him on that top line.

Stewart has been fine for a period and a half on the top line- get him out of here.
I guess it was silly to think the same people that overreacted earlier wouldn't overreact later this game as well.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Bennett has spent the last year and half making a case that he shouldn't be in the NHL- get him on that top line.

Stewart has been fine for a period and a half on the top line- get him out of here.
I guess it was silly to think the same people that overreacted earlier wouldn't overreact later this game as well.

Lol. Pure stupidity in this post.

Sure, Bennett hasn't earned an opportunity on the 1st line, but he's a proven NHL'er at this point.

Our 1st line has been absolute dog s*** tonight with Stewart on it

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
He is very shaky
Seems to have problem with long shots
I'm not watching tonight but I hate how Gillies comes from the Ben Bishop school of "I am big so I can sit deep in my crease all the time and let the pucks hit me" goalie style

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
But is he just as good a RW as he is a LW?

Sean Monahan is likely a better RW than any RW we have but it's pretty dumb to move him there.

Our solution to having weak RWs shouldn't be to make our team worse.

Classic post, but I’ll bite. Gaudreau is elite and can play either wing at an elite level. Bennett is not elite yet, is not at the same level and clearly plays better on the left side. How is it not logical to move Gaudreau to a side where his play won’t dip and play Bennett on a side that he is comfortable at? Tkachuk is another guy that can play anywhere.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

Sure, Bennett hasn't earned an opportunity on the 1st line, but he's a proven NHL'er at this point.

There has been so much special teams time this game that is a very small sample size to make that statement on but I guess people will whatever they want to see.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016

Especially compared to Stewart? Who was literally waived, i.e. the Wild didn't think he belonged in the NHL?

[mod]

Reactions: FerklundCGY

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Classic post, but I’ll bite. Gaudreau is elite and can play either wing at an elite level. Bennett is not elite yet, is not at the same level and clearly plays better on the left side. How is it not logical to move Gaudreau to a side where his play won’t dip and play Bennett on a side that he is comfortable at? Tkachuk is another guy that can play anywhere.

Can Gaudreau play at an elite level at both wings?

And isn’t the logical move to play both at the positions they are comfortable at?

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
There has been so much special teams time this game that is a very small sample size to make that statement on but I guess people will whatever they want to see.

You literally just said he's been fine for a period and a half on the top line yet you're basing that off the exact same sample size I am... super smart.

We've been out shot-attempted 15-6 with Stewart on the ice tonight. That's s***

We know you hate all our players but at least try and make some decent arguments when you're posting total crap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad