GDT: Flames at Oilers: Stoppable force vs. movable object. 7pm MT on SNW

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Monahan's troubles can all be traced back to that game in Minny where he missed three huge chances in OT. He's been terrible since

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Flames didn't deserve the win. Got a point at least, but they need to get their shit together after the allstar break. Can't keep getting hot streaks and then go cold.

Reactions: Pixie

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Can't score on the powerplay against a team with a 50% PK. I mean just defer to the players on the PP and let them draw something up it's clearly NOT working.

Or fire them and bring in Josh McDaniels once the Super Bowl is over.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
"Of course Edmontons beats a backup goalie!!!!!!" :sarcasm: .

Flames are f***in weak right now. Throw a f***in stick or something Gully, wake this team up.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Unless Monahan steps it up, he will always be in the second tiered of center.

I guess that's good but not good enough to lead this team to the playoff

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
So many kind words to the refs by Kassian and CMD tonight.

And the PIMs lol. Wow

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Lmao who do we eve have that's good at shootouts? Tkachuk and who else?
Honestly it's a shootout we know Gaudreau, Ferland, Monahan and Backlund all suck at them so just use someone random Hamilton or something.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
The only dude out there who doesn't deserve to get shit on is Chucky. Backlund somewhat redeemed himself at the end of the game, but for 90% of it he was HOT garbage, he literally gave the puck up 3(!!) times in a row, ON THE POWERPLAY.

How does our powerplay always shit the bed when we need it most.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Remember when we had Hudler? Dude gave no f***s and would score slapshots in the SO

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
In fairness, Jagr, Frolik, and Versteeg are all out right now. Healthy, all three of those guys are huge offensive pieces for us (Frolik less so, but still an upgrade on Troy B)

huh...since when Jagr was a hugh offensive piece for us?

Versteeg was horrible before he got injured

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If I was the coach of this team right now, my practice would consist of PP work and breakaways. These are supposed to be the times you tilt the odds of scoring in your favour, but we waste so many of these every game. It is very bizarre with Gaudreau especially. Reminds me a lot of Byron in that I think it's just in his head right now, as opposed to just being part of who he is as a player. Hopefully it doesn't take that long, but I bet he works hard on it over the summer and comes in with his confidence back next season.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The only dude out there who doesn't deserve to get **** on is Chucky. Backlund somewhat redeemed himself at the end of the game, but for 90% of it he was HOT garbage, he literally gave the puck up 3(!!) times in a row, ON THE POWERPLAY.

How does our powerplay always **** the bed when we need it most.

Get Bennett, Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Hamilton, and Ferland out there as PP1. I'd be stunned if that group didn't score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad