GDT: Flames at Habs: wherein the hockey gods make it up to us (5:30pm on SNW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Big win. Not a bad game for a back to back. Nice to see they are playing better defensively.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Flames got 3 points and deserved 3 points on the trip

Sorta did it the hard way but count it

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Been much more impressed with the Flames since the loss to the Oilers. Special teams still need work, but it's an improvement.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah he was off all night, and that pass is standard, let's not pretend he threaded it through a crowd.
I think this was a bit of an off-game for him, but I think it has a lot to do with the fatigue of the team. Didn't seem to me like he had many options at times, which could be due to the rest of the team just skating less tonight. I thought he looked quite good last night in a very close-checking game, which I know a lot of people didn't think.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Feels good being able to walk in to OT knowing that you'll probably get the win

Reactions: Sk8M8

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Also I wasn't able to post during that review, but when I saw it live I saw that the puck was loose the whole time. My biggest concern was first that they blew the whistle before the puck went in (because you couldn't see it live), then that maybe someone pushed Price, but I definitely didn't think that he ever had it covered. Was the right call and it was nice to see them get it right. What a great feeling for Gulutzan.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
"Truly it was, the Shawshank Redemption" - Tom Hanks in The Shawshank Redemption as narrated by Phil Miller (aka: The Last Man On Earth)

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
I think this was a bit of an off-game for him, but I think it has a lot to do with the fatigue of the team. Didn't seem to me like he had many options at times, which could be due to the rest of the team just skating less tonight. I thought he looked quite good last night in a very close-checking game, which I know a lot of people didn't think.
To me it looks like he is forcing things somewhat, making low percentage passes and such, now Johnny is capable of making those kind of plays, but it's like he's telegraphing them, when he was on his hot streak, it was like he was running on instinct, making all kinds of moves and his passes we're unexpected, but lately it feels to me like he's thinking too much, forcing things. Even when Johnny is off he still produces some high quality chances, but it just looks like he is off. I don't doubt you are right about the fatigue of the team, and lack of opportunities, I'm sure it plays into it. I also think Johnny's emotions are his own worst enemy, you can see he gets frustrated and I think it hurts his game.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
rittch has been good in his brief career so far, hes looks like he will at least a capable backup right now. really calm and rarely see him scramble around
At least. I know he's supposed to be a place holder until Gillies arrives but he looks very good to me.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Hathaway should be o n this team full time.. brings tons of energy and has some wheels. Is it just me or does the D seem to be clogging it up at the blue line more the last few games? Crazy what happens when you stop giving teams easy entry.

Seems like like Brodie and Hammer were feeling the heat after the Edmonton game and maybe that has turned a switch on.

Reactions: Mobiandi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->