GDT: FLAMES (37-16-8) vs. CANUCKS (30-25-7)8 p.m. MT | TV: CBC/Sportsnet | RADIO: Sportsnet 960

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Thought the lines looked a lot better.

Wouldn’t be opposed to seeing tofolli on the top line tbh. The trio had gotten a little stale as of late, so why not true something new? Thought Gaudreau couldve had 2-3 assists if not for some unlucky finishing.

I'd like to see the top line reunited. Tkachuk helped that 2nd line for sure, but Toffoli is slower and is just not as skilled all-around. Apart from the few game slump that first line has been league best for most of the year.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He’s become this teams #1D. No question. I thought that was arguably his best game ever.

Man, I remember taking in the rookies at WinSport, either in 2015 or 2016 and being like… this guy could be something special. His control on the game when playing with his peers was top tier. Whenever he was on the ice, the team seemed to have control. I didn’t know if it’d translate to the NHL, but I was Uber impressed by him.

This team has three solid Defenders under 25, with Razzy leading the charge. Not a bad spot to be in.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Man, I remember taking in the rookies at WinSport, either in 2015 or 2016 and being like… this guy could be something special. His control on the game when playing with his peers was top tier. Whenever he was on the ice, the team seemed to have control. I didn’t know if it’d translate to the NHL, but I was Uber impressed by him.

This team has three solid Defenders under 25, with Razzy leading the charge. Not a bad spot to be in.
Making 4.55 million for the next 4 years after this one. Absolutely all you can ask for. His development has been unbelievable

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think it’s good to spread it out

In the playoffs, they can easily shut down one line team

They’ll all still play on the top PP together too.

The issue with this team has been lines sagging at various times outside the first line. If by moving Chucky down the second you can guarantee the second line continues to drive play, and if Jarnkrok solidifies that 3C role… good luck come playoffs man. There are more talented teams up front, but I don’t know if there are deeper teams.

Reactions: Tofveve and DFF

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
That's because they both sucked

Under Bruce 22 - 10 - 5 that's a 109 point pace

Under Green 8 - 15 - 2 that's a 59 point pace

Yea I think Bruce will find another shot if not in van some where in the nhl

Yeah I mean this league loves it's retreads. But at this point I'd have to think the money is secondary for Boudreau, he probably wants to win a Stanley Cup. Not much chance of that happening in Vancouver anytime soon.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Imagine if Treliving had offered Mangiapane an Andersson type of contract instead of lowballing him.

Wonder if he'll try to offer Kylington something similar. Doubt it but who knows.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Imagine if Treliving had offered Mangiapane an Andersson type of contract instead of lowballing him.

Wonder if he'll try to offer Kylington something similar. Doubt it but who knows.
I think he offers Shilly a similar contract, but might have to up the AAV if you look at Andersson's production leading up to his contract compared to Oliver's production right now. Maybe 6 years by 4.7 mil

Mangi will probably command at least 6 mil

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I think it’s good to spread it out

In the playoffs, they can easily shut down one line team

Ok, you guys have me convinced. Its not a huge downgrade to put Toffoli up to the 1st anyway.

For all the good talk Gaudreau has received (and rightfully so), Tkachuk is having a monster year. I mean there's even the potential he could pass Johnny in points (though it still seems unlikely). And Matthew's +/- is through the roof too. As last game demonstrated it seems he can play with anyone and produce. What a surprise player he's become for me. Just amazing.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I didn't realize Matthew Tkachuk is making the most on this team right now. Good thing he's just an RFA at the end of the season. As per Cap Friendly:

"Matthew Tkachuk's salary is $9,000,000 and his cap hit is $7,000,000 for the 2021-22 season. He is a 24 year old left wing who was born on Dec. 11, 1997. He was drafted 6th overall by the Calgary Flames in the 1st round of the 2016 entry draft. He has signed 2 contracts worth a total value of $26,325,000. Over a career that spans 6 seasons (with at least 1 NHL GP), he has a total 352 Pts in 411 GP, and 5 playoffs Pts in 15 GP. He will be a RFA at the end of the 2021-22 season when he is 24 years old."

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I'd be inclined to trade Monahan and bring up Ruzicka. They probably should have done this already, but now with Jarnkrok . . . We do have these options and we have to resign Johnny, Chucky and Kylington.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad