GDT: FLAMES (28-23-13) @ WILD (36-21-6) | 6 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Imagine my surprise this morning to see a 1-0 score in favor of the Flames. I watched the game last night and saw Minny score to win the game in OT. I then turned the TV off.... I mean why not... the game was over, players had left the ice and gone to their respective locker rooms. The Flames lost and only got a single point when they desperately needed two.
Wow. Total shock. What a pleasant surprise!
There were a few of you

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Imagine my surprise this morning to see a 1-0 score in favor of the Flames. I watched the game last night and saw Minny score to win the game in OT. I then turned the TV off.... I mean why not... the game was over, players had left the ice and gone to their respective locker rooms. The Flames lost and only got a single point when they desperately needed two.
I almost did this too. Was checking HF and CP and saw they called it back, so back to the TV I went!

Reactions: Boomstick

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Yeah usually I’d be pissed if we were going on a late season run to 9th. This year there are really good players available at 16.

The Flames should be a top three team in the west (with Edmonton and Colorado who also are having down years). We just need to get in.

Markstrom looks like a starting goalie again. Plus, Marky returning a decent asset in the summer could solve our cap issues and be the best thing for this team.
I will go on the record and say there is a less than 1% chance Markstrom is traded this off-season. Either this is a true return to form, and Calgary needs him too much to trade him because like you said this is a team management and some fans believe should be a top team, and having a top goalie in the league helps that immensely. Or this is just a blip, Markstrom goes back to his previous bad play, then no team wants him for his cap or term unless they’re extremely desperate (i.e. Buffalo).

Besides, Vladar just did what most back-ups do and have your play drop hard as you get more and more starts. Probably didn’t inspire management to think they could trust him as the 1a while Wolf adjusts to this league, and honestly probably meant he’d be the one who gets traded to pave the way for Wolf and clear a small amount of cap if there is a trade.

Reactions: flames23

Cant Kick On 1 Foot

Nov 22, 2006
That had to be one of the best goaltending performances in the 22-23 NHL season, league wide. Markstrom was absolutely awesome, with clutch save after clutch save!

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
1678308471174.jpeg

Markstrom talking to Treliving, circa 2 days ago.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Literally seconds away from doing the exact same thing as you.

I had the remote in hand ready to shut it off when I looked up and saw the referee on the phone. Even scoffed to myself that there was no way that was getting called back but figured I'd allow myself to be hurt again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad