GDT: FLAMES (26-20-11) VS. COYOTES (20-28-9) | 7:30 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet One | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
We needed a lot of luck to beat a terrible Arizona team, plan the parade.

Nice of Pelletier to get on the scoresheet after 10 games of jack shit better set him up for multiple Hart trophies.

The way so many in our fan base laugh at Edmonton fans for the way they hype up their crap we sure rush to do the same with the nothing players we have.
lmfao. No one said plan the parade.

No one said Pelletier was gonna win multiple Harts.

Kids both had a good game. That was mentioned, and people said to play them more, which isn't a bad thought. Why are you going off the deep end and just shitting all over everyone? Sounds like an Oiler fan in disguise.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
lmfao. No one said plan the parade.

No one said Pelletier was gonna win multiple Harts.

Kids both had a good game. That was mentioned, and people said to play them more, which isn't a bad thought. Why are you going off the deep end and just shitting all over everyone? Sounds like an Oiler fan in disguise.

I am not going off any deep end just laughing at the overrating of players for doing nothing.

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
I am not going off any deep end just laughing at the overrating of players for doing nothing.
You have been shitting all over everyone all game and just bringing everyone down. Like why even cheer for this team at all if thats all you do? Why even come on the forum just to be super negative all the time, and then shit on anyone who is positive?

I don't get it. Grow up.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
riker-star-trek.gif

Great to see Duehr and Pelts have a big impact in this one.
Solid game for the Flames. A well deserved W.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
The kids giving the team a spark was a super obvious thing that a ton of people wanted to see much earlier in the season. Goes to show that Sutter isn't worth the pedestal, that he's had an absolutely miserable season thus far, and if he's not willing to learn and adapt, then he's clearly too old to be doing this anymore.

Anyway the main point here, call up Wolf.

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Flames comeback win. I don't care it's against Arizona Imma savour it.
Pelletier and Duehr easy guys to root for. Can definitely see multiple Hart trophies in their futures. Hope to see Lindy get on a roll here.

Mangiapane I thought was awesome too.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
You have been shitting all over everyone all game and just bringing everyone down. Like why even cheer for this team at all if thats all you do? Why even come on the forum just to be super negative all the time, and then shit on anyone who is positive?

I don't get it. Grow up.

I come here to give my opinion is that not the point? Is this site only for happy clappers and delusional optimists? I did not see that rule anywhere.

I cheer for the team because that is what a fan does. They don't just cheer when the team is good, they stick with the team through the ups and downs.

It is not being super negative to point out the truth, it is not super negative to point out reality. If that is too much to read then scroll past and cheer on another wasted season where we do absolutely nothing.

The kids giving the team a spark was a super obvious thing that a ton of people wanted to see much earlier in the season. Goes to show that Sutter isn't worth the pedestal, that he's had an absolutely miserable season thus far, and if he's not willing to learn and adapt, then he's clearly too old to be doing anymore.

Anyway the main point here, call up Wolf.

LOL

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Nice come back against the bottom dwellers- our seasonal achilles' heel..

Loved the kids, keep playing them more often you useless old man.

Show some balls and play Vladar again v Vegas.

The Red Mile

Dec 18, 2013
Northern B.C.
Goes to show you what we could have if we quit spending ridiculous money on free agents and just drafted and developed kids within our organization. The kids were hungry tonight and actually give a crap. Most of our vets look like they are just going through the motions. Sutter needs to get his head out of his butt and make these vets accountable. Play more kids. Call up Phillips, Wolf, and Zary. Make these players sit even if they are getting paid ridiculous money. So sick of Huberdeau and Kadri to be honest. They make dumb plays and just don’t look into the game half the time. Start selling and play the kids!

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I gather some stats on our forward's production before the game to try and give me an inkling about how we've done year over year. So without further ado.

After 57 games..

2022-23
1st line - Dube 35 points, Lindholm 49, Toffoli 49, total 133 points
2nd line - Pelletier 2 points, Kadri 41, Huberdeau 38, total 81 points
3rd line - Mangiapane 31, Backlund 38, Coleman 27, total 96 points
4th line- Lucic 13, Ruzicka 20, Lewis 15, total 48 points

2021-2022
1st line - Gaudreau 77, Lindholm 61, Tkachuk 77, total 204 points
2nd line - Mangiapane 43, Backlund 27, Coleman 27, total 97 points
3rd line - Toffoli 49, Monahan 22, Dube 15, total 86 points
4th line - Lucic 18, Ruzicka 9, Lewis 13, 40 points

I recognize there is some noise in the line combinations, but there are some learnings from the comparison.

Obviously the 1st line has an obvious drop-off from last year's combo. Lindholm has dropped 12 points. Toffoli compared to last year (Montreal and Calgary) is at last year's pace. Dube has an improvement of 20 points. Three cheers for Dube. He is attaining the next level. Overall though the line cannot compare to last year. There is a 71 point reduction year over year.

Comparing the 2 line is different as the 2 line this year is really our 3 line. But for the sake of comparison, the re-united Backs line is spot on performance wise. What we lost in Mangi's performance has been compensated by Backlund's year. Coleman is bang on with last year.

The 3 line from last year was in a stat of flux as is our 2 line this year. Comparing the two, this year's 2 line isn't matching last year's 3 line (line-up noise notwithstanding). The glaring weakness, apart from Huberdeau's poor season is the lack of production at the 2LW spot. Doesn't matter if Pelletier or Lucic, an upgrade there is obvious. Or Pelletier starts to produce.

The 4 line this year is marginally above last year's pace.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
We are definitely a faster team with Pelletier and Duehr. We should have grabbed Axellson-Fjallby for 4LW and ran with him- Lewis-Duehr as a 4th line. Lucic is just too inconsistent and weak defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad