Proposal: FLA - CBJ

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I understand that trades within division isnt the easiest to do. Ekblad and maybe Hornqvist is out for season and CBJ is out of playoffs. Columbus need C:s and Florida D. Folignos contract is expiring and he gets a chance for playoffs. Florida get the pieces to contend now, grit for playoffs and CBJ get a prospect with expectations to become a 1C

FLA get:

RD Seth Jones 5,4M UFA 2022
RW Nick Foligno 5,5M UFA 2021

CBJ get:

C Anton Lundell
RW Brett Connolly
FLA 2nd 2022

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Inb4 lock

That barely sniffs Jones jockstrap, if they were to put Jones on the block they're getting a 1st and top prospect minimum

Reactions: Fro

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Inb4 lock

That barely sniffs Jones jockstrap, if they were to put Jones on the block they're getting a 1st and top prospect minimum

Lundell is a better assett than a 1st. Any team trading for help at the trade-deadline will be Top15 max in the draft. Lundell is the best prospect on Florida and a C. If JK isnt 100% sure Jones will resign, he will probably want a 1-2C or a prospect predicted to be one back.

Reactions: hn777

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I understand that trades within division isnt the easiest to do. Ekblad and maybe Hornqvist is out for season and CBJ is out of playoffs. Columbus need C:s and Florida D. Folignos contract is expiring and he gets a chance for playoffs. Florida get the pieces to contend now, grit for playoffs and CBJ get a prospect with expectations to become a 1C

FLA get:

CBJ get:

C Anton Lundell
RW Brett Connolly
FLA 2nd 2022
You are kidding with this shit right? This is flat out terrible. Lock this before it gets ugly

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Worst non Leaf's proposal I've ever read.

Do you have any clue about Lundell? Last I checked CBJ had only 3-4C:s. Lundell is projected to be a 1A/1B. Is it better to play next season with the same group and then loose Jones for free?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don't know what's worse - the proposal itself, or that attempts are actually being made to defend it.

Is Lundell a good prospect? Sure seems like it. Would he be welcome here? Undoubtedly. Is he the centerpiece of a Seth Jones trade? Don't be absurd.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I don't know what's worse - the proposal itself, or that attempts are actually being made to defend it.

Is Lundell a good prospect? Sure seems like it. Would he be welcome here? Undoubtedly. Is he the centerpiece of a Seth Jones trade? Don't be absurd.

the 2nd (next year btw) and Connolly are clearly the centerpieces.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Do you have any clue about Lundell? Last I checked CBJ had only 3-4C:s. Lundell is projected to be a 1A/1B. Is it better to play next season with the same group and then loose Jones for free?

Thanks for this take.

They can't lock this fast enough.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Lundell is a better assett than a 1st. Any team trading for help at the trade-deadline will be Top15 max in the draft. Lundell is the best prospect on Florida and a C. If JK isnt 100% sure Jones will resign, he will probably want a 1-2C or a prospect predicted to be one back.

Still doesn’t change the fact that to get Jones it likely requires a 1st in addition to the top prospect, maybe more because they can hold onto Jones and trade him in the off-season or next deadline.

Foligno for Connolly (warm body) and a pick maybe a 2nd or 3rd seems about right.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I guess FLA could change the pick to a 1st? Lundell + 1st 2021 would be a really stellar offer IMO. It`s not like Jones is signed longterm. I understand a signed Jones would require a massive package, but with 1yr left on his contract, I dont see teams overpaying for him if there isnt a verbal agreement of re-signing.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I guess FLA could change the pick to a 1st? Lundell + 1st 2021 would be a really stellar offer IMO. It`s not like Jones is signed longterm. I understand a signed Jones would require a massive package, but with 1yr left on his contract, I dont see teams overpaying for him if there isnt a verbal agreement of re-signing.
Lundell + 1st is a "we have no hope of signing him and it's the 2022 deadline" offer. We're not preemptively trading him any more than y'all are preemptively trading Barkov.

Reactions: Dumais

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Lundell + 1st is a "we have no hope of signing him and it's the 2022 deadline" offer. We're not preemptively trading him any more than y'all are preemptively trading Barkov.

You did read this "If JK isnt 100% sure Jones will resign, he will probably want a 1-2C or a prospect predicted to be one back."?
I do understand that if CBJ think they are able to re-sign Jones, he is off the table. I dont think any team would take the chance on Jones with an offer like this for 1 playoff round only. Whats the point of paying a future 1-2C and a 1st for 1 playoff round, if you are not 100% sure you get him signed long-term?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

FLA get:

CBJ get:

C Anton Lundell
RW Brett Connolly
FLA 2nd 2022
The very last thing the Panthers need is a expensive RD in Jones who's going to command anywhere from $9,000,000 to $10,000,000 per season long term on his next deal. If was looking like Florida was wanting to shed some salary. And Lundell is their future 2C noway Zito is parting him there's absolutely no guarantee's that Jones would sign long term with Florida.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

If CBJ put Jones on the block right now, I'd offer Elias Lindholm as a Flames fan and im pretty sure just by himself it trumps Lundell+2nd, but I'd also think other teams would try to trump my offer, but I wouldn't be scared to change it up either, i don't think Lundell is the centerpiece unless there's a 1st + involved, Jones is a solid all around dman, was in the Norris running for what 5 years now? He's a beast and every team that has 3 or less top 4 dmen would at least put in good offers for his services

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad