Fixing WWE

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I agree, especially with the cut down roster. Just saying neither Fox nor USA would allow it.

Why won't the TV networks allow it? Is it because they don't want to share stars? I guess but wouldn't they get double the stars?

I use the terms "stars" lightly. I've always hated the roster split. The roster is too thin for it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Why won't the TV networks allow it? Is it because they don't want to share stars? I guess but wouldn't they get double the stars?

I use the terms "stars" lightly. I've always hated the roster split. The roster is too thin for it.

It came out during the drafts that they want to keep certain stars "exclusive" to their own shows.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
It's stupid, and he's right. It was better the old way.

They need to axe the brand split all together. They won't, but it will make the product better.

I think the brand split is one of their biggest issues.

- Dilutes the Championships
- Spreads the talent too thin
- Asks too much of the writers, that much content on a weekly. Each show has 4-5 story lines going on at once. Of course most of them will be garbage.

Remember when it was Stone Cold, The Rock, Tripple H, Mick Foley, Undertaker, Kane...all fighting for THE title? Now it's a game of who is going to lose to Reigns next. You will never see Lashley or Big E challenge to the number 1 spot.

It made sense after WCW and ECW collapsed and the took on all that talent. It doesn't anymore.

PurpleMouse

Apr 27, 2014
A roster split could work fine with floating titles. Still have just one champion (for men and women), one set of tags for men's and women's.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They should replace the women's tag titles with a floating mid card singles belt.

Big issue with mid card women's booking is they don't have anything to do. They haven't been good at booking storylines that don't involve the top belt.

The brand spilt itself works. You shoudltb need to watch 5 hours of wrestling a week to keep up.

The major issue is RAW is too long. Smackdown is a tight show and the shorter length forces them to cut filler segments no one cares about.

Smackdown's booking is fine though, and they are making the right choice long term to keep pushing more women and more diverse men.

Reactions: Jussi

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The womens tag championships are a huge joke. There's just no f***ing teams. It legit gets to the point where they just stick two catering darlings together and say "poof!" you're a team!

Like Lana for example, literally Asuka, Naomi, Natalya in a span of a few months. Now they're doing Rhea & Nerd because reasons.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The womens tag championships are a huge joke. There's just no f***ing teams. It legit gets to the point where they just stick two catering darlings together and say "poof!" you're a team!

Like Lana for example, literally Asuka, Naomi, Natalya in a span of a few months. Now they're doing Rhea & Nerd because reasons.

Other than the Iconics, the womens tag division always felt like a lazy way to get 4 women on TV just for the sake of saying they put 4 women on TV. No rhyme or reason to the pairings or the matches. No real care ever given to the quality of segments. It's just "hey Asuka and Naomi should probably make an appearance soon, but we don't know what to do with them so let's just make a one-off tag match again."

EDIT: Which is so unfortunate, because they have plenty of women that can put on a show if used properly.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Said it for years about championships. 1 WWE Championship, 1 IC/US Championship, 1 Tag Team Championship, 1 Women's Championship and 1 Women's Tag Team Championship. That's it. Keep the 24/7 title around for comedy purposes but there is no need for more than 5 legitimate titles.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
1. No more writers, go back to the true booker set up

2. No more scripted promos. Tell the talent the idea they are to get across and let them improvise

3. 5 belts only. Champion, IC title, US title, tag belts, women's champ

4. Go back to the way they built every other major star, by working up the belt chain. Start at the bottom feuding for the US title and work your way up. For example, WrestleMania 14 had a European title program with the Rock and HHH.

5. No more gymnastics wrestling with a million kick outs. Finishers are the ender, period. Work a body part and sell it. Overall slow the work rate down and bring the psychology back to the in ring work

6. Programs that go more than 2 months. You need at least 6 months to properly book a program. The lucrative ones should go for a year or more.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
1. No more writers, go back to the true booker set up

2. No more scripted promos. Tell the talent the idea they are to get across and let them improvise

3. 5 belts only. Champion, IC title, US title, tag belts, women's champ

4. Go back to the way they built every other major star, by working up the belt chain. Start at the bottom feuding for the US title and work your way up. For example, WrestleMania 14 had a European title program with the Rock and HHH.

5. No more gymnastics wrestling with a million kick outs. Finishers are the ender, period. Work a body part and sell it. Overall slow the work rate down and bring the psychology back to the in ring work

6. Programs that go more than 2 months. You need at least 6 months to properly book a program. The lucrative ones should go for a year or more.

HHH and Owen.

Rock was working Shamrock for the IC belt.

Rock vs HHH program was in the summer of 1998 a few months after WM14.

Your point still stands though, it is the right way to build people.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
HHH and Owen.

Rock was working Shamrock for the IC belt.

Rock vs HHH program was in the summer of 1998 a few months after WM14.

Your point still stands though, it is the right way to build people.

Ah yup, your right I did mash the 2 opening matches together.

Another example is the first Rock-Austin feud with throwing the belt off the bridge was an IC title feud

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
They lost me when Raw went to three hours. It's too much. Eventually my boring life led me to DVR the show however there is a lot of fast forwarding happening. Mostly it's the wrestlers that don't pique my interest. Not sure if it's the familiar faces, recycled matches, boring wrestling style, I don't know, but I suffer from a general lack of interest. For entertainment it needs to be a lot more entertaining.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Said it for years about championships. 1 WWE Championship, 1 IC/US Championship, 1 Tag Team Championship, 1 Women's Championship and 1 Women's Tag Team Championship. That's it. Keep the 24/7 title around for comedy purposes but there is no need for more than 5 legitimate titles.

Personally I'd go 1 major title per brand, one mid tier per band, 1 tag team per brand then a single womens title.

So kind of how it used to be with say the WHC, US and WWE Tag titles on Smackdown and the WWE, IC & World Tag titles on Raw. Obviously cross brand title changes included. But the "Universal Championship" always sounded dumb to me and having two titles that look the exact same minus their color is also stupid.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The problem is that if you’re going to have two different brands, much less two different networks, the network is going to want to have champions on their air. Fox has already been feeling like they get the short end of the name value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad