Series Discussion: First Round matchup Jets vs Wild

Who will win this series?

• Total voters

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup, Minne it is. Hard to make up those points, both Winnipeg and Minne have pretty good cushions in either end so probably no movement in the standings for those two.

I like our chances against them, if Scheifele shows up and goes beast mode.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Stolen from another thread:

Minny plays 9 games in 15 days to finish the season.

Also, I know for a fact that Wild fans hate when they're called Minny, so I encourage everyone to use that notation.

24th vs Nsh
25th vs Bos
27th @ Nsh
29th vs Dal
31st @ Dal
2nd vs Edm
4th @ Ana
5th @ LAK
7th @ SJS

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
24th vs Nsh
25th vs Bos
27th @ Nsh
29th vs Dal
31st @ Dal
2nd vs Edm
4th @ Ana
5th @ LAK
7th @ SJS

Minnesota actually has a pretty brutal stretch of games here. Nashville x 2, Boston, desperate for points Dallas x 2. Then a California road trip to end things off to get good and beat up. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread is changed to "Potential first round matchup Winnipeg vs Colorado" by next week.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The Avalanche scare me to play in the 1st round--they are really coming on lately, have a fast team, and a lot of momentum right now. I hope they play Vegas--and they will likely knock them out.

I think we can beat the AV's though, but it may be a tougher series than the Wild.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Anyone else feel somewhat nervous about the Wild?

I know they were low in the standings at about the 20 game mark. Since then their win % must be top 5 in the league... Or am I wrong?

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Anyone else feel somewhat nervous about the Wild?

I know they were low in the standings at about the 20 game mark. Since then their win % must be top 5 in the league... Or am I wrong?

Yup. They make me nervous as well.. Id rather play any other team.

With that being said, a healthy Jets should be capable of beating anyone over 7 games.

Reactions: tbone1968

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
JetsNation Invasion!
Jets fans are going to invade Excel and do a road whiteout ... only 6 hours away.

tbone1968

Sep 1, 2017
Texas hill country
Not nervous about who the Jets play in any round. My only worry is the health of the team and the inexperience in the playoffs. They have done such a good job this year playing even keel. If they can just keep on keeping on their talent is lights out and they should go pretty deep.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Really? You actually believe the Jets can beat anyone?

I'm sure Nashville would make quick work of us.

Unless Helle stands on his head and wins a series against them.

Reactions: ennsjd07

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Even by your restrictions we can beat anyone. Other than maybe a lopsided 1st round matchup how often does it happen that a goalie isn't required to play great for a team to win a later round series? We won't be the favorite to win it all, but less talented teams than us have won cups. IMO we could get very hot and overwhelm opponents with pure offense and still do enough on the backend to win.

Reactions: Tommigun

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
no team the jets can possibly face in the first round makes me nervous

all season the jets have proven to be better than these team except Nashville
they're the only team the has the defensive depth to over match Winnipeg's
and their goal tending

no other team.in the division has depth down the middle like Winnipeg

NBjet

May 24, 2014
I am not sure why most seem to think that it’s likely that we will face the Wild in the first round... the Av’s are only 2 points behind with 9 games to play. I think that we can beat either, but the travel would be a little less taxing against the Wild. Let’s see what happens, but I hope that we play the team with the least hot goalie!

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I am not sure why most seem to think that it’s likely that we will face the Wild in the first round...

It's still the most probable outcome. But it was 74% a few days ago.

IMG_0732.png

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny
Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny Minny

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I believe it was mentioned before, but I can't seem to find any information now. Does anyone know when game 1 of the playoffs will be?

I have some travel in early April, and then later April as well, but I'm hoping to attend one of the first 2 playoff games.

Any information is appreciated.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I believe it was mentioned before, but I can't seem to find any information now. Does anyone know when game 1 of the playoffs will be?

I have some travel in early April, and then later April as well, but I'm hoping to attend one of the first 2 playoff games.

Any information is appreciated.

Apr. 11, 2018: First day of the Stanley Cup Playoffs

2017-18 Key Dates

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Now it's looking like Colorado is the hot team, and will catch Minne..

Anyone else worried about playing MacKinnon in a 7 game series?
Not at all. I'd rather play against Colorado who will be defensively challenged than the Wild, who can actually play in their own end and have a goalie that can get really hot.

I'm not actually worried about either of these teams, but Colorado will be easier to exploit.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Hell, I'd rather play Minnesota than Nashvilles current oppenentm, LA. The NHL likes to change rules in the playoffs, and that rule change tends to benefit "heavy" teams like LA.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Not nervous about who the Jets play in any round. My only worry is the health of the team and the inexperience in the playoffs. They have done such a good job this year playing even keel. If they can just keep on keeping on their talent is lights out and they should go pretty deep.

yes. any team in the western conference Winnipeg has proven to be better except Nashville

Winnipeg won't be facing Nashville in the first round tho...

but nervous about any team in the first
if you want to win a Stanley cup you gotta be good enough to beat any team

Last edited by a moderator:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
It certainly is starting to come into focus now after last night

D6501_B0_C-4_EB2-49_BC-9_BC4-97_AD39_B20_C1_E.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad