Series Discussion: First Round matchup Jets vs Wild

Who will win this series?

• Total voters

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I still have images printed into my memory of Boudreau's round red face behind the bench anxiously barking orders at his players as the Ducks kept coming back to beat us in games during the 2015 playoff run. For that reason alone I hope we don't face the Wild.

Reactions: purdy44

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON
I still have images printed into my memory of Boudreau's round red face behind the bench anxiously barking orders at his players as the Ducks kept coming back to beat us in games during the 2015 playoff run. For that reason alone I hope we don't face the Wild.
Yeah, I'm scared if we face a Boudreau team in the first round

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Remember when we were excited to get a wild card? Watching these WC races this year........cringe worthy. Just embarrassing.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
How hard is it to get Wild playoff tickets? I assume easier than Jets playoff tickets.

Could be a great road trip!

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I do think it's critical that Nsh takes a beating. Can't see anyone getting by them otherwise. Tough to win at Bridgestone. Not even sure we can beat them here.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If we win tonight and then beat Nashville , first is still up for grabs . Nashville is good but not unbeatable . Would love home ice against Smushville .

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I have to wonder how we would match up with :

Nashville without Johansen, Bonino, Josi, Subban

Minnesota without Staal, Cullen, Suter, Dumba

If we get back Scheif, Lowry, Trouba and Enstrom, I say we match up fine with any of them.

Oh, and forgot Kulikov as well....

Reactions: ERYX and Ippenator

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Yeah, I'm scared if we face a Boudreau team in the first round
Well, his teams have in fact usually been good in the regular season, but quite often choking against hard working teams with skill in already the early rounds. So I’m not sure if they would be a horrible opponent for the present Jets, at least if the Jets would get most of their players healthy by that time.

On the other hand the NHL is a that tight and tough league that practically any team that makes it to the playoffs, can after all have a chance for even a long playoff run. Nashville, Ottawa and Edmonton from last season are some examples of this after all.

Well, in fact if I remember correctly Edmonton was pretty good then even in the regular season, but anyway their roster was pretty slim even then. They just happened to get a dream season from Talbot then.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Wild have one good line IMHO. Koivu and Parise are not the players they used to be. Stal, Zucker and Granlund are a great line, but if we get back scheif, trouba and lowry we should be able to handle the wild.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Not that I want to get into a pavs debate, but your narrative on Pavs coughing up the lead in the 3rd of every game of the Ducks series, is a false narrative.

I’ve gone over the goals, one by one, and Pavs was at fault for 3 of the goals, the rest he was hung out to dry.

"Hey I don't want to debate Pavs but, let's debate Pavs"
:laugh:

Jury is still out with you on him I guess :laugh:

Reactions: Board Bard

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Not difficult - just expensive when you factor in the exchange rate. I would love to go as well.

Would be great to have a large Jets contingent at Xcel Energy. I've tried to look up playoff prices, but can't seem to find then. Possibly not released yet. Their regular season walk up tickets appear to start at $95, so I doubt playoffs will be cheap.

Great to play the wild as they are definitely our geographical rival. But that hasn't manifested in an on-ice rivalry yet. Hard fought playoff series are where great rivalries are born.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
We have been very soft the last few games. We need home ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs if we are going to beat the Wild. Look at the Wild's home ice record - it looks a lot like ours. Actually, we will need home ice advantage to beat the Preds, but that is a subject for another discussion thread.

I know that we have some key injuries. Unfortunately, we have so little information about them we really don't know if they will all be back in time to get into game shape/rhythm in time for the post season.

You want to be playing your best hockey of the year in the last 20 games of the season going into the post season. We aren't. The Wild are as good as us in their last 10. The Preds have peaked at the right time and are the class of the Western Conference right now.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
IF we manage to get healthy up front, who thinks it's at all likely that Maurice scratches Tanev and Hendricks?

Not gonna happen, folks. Maybe one but not both. I think Tanev, right now, does more for the team especially in the playoffs than Roslovic. No offense to him, he's fantastic.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
IF we manage to get healthy up front, who thinks it's at all likely that Maurice scratches Tanev and Hendricks?

Not gonna happen, folks. Maybe one but not both. I think Tanev, right now, does more for the team especially in the playoffs than Roslovic. No offense to him, he's fantastic.

I think he will scratch both for at least the first game of the playoffs.

Copp-Lowry-Armia will be the 4th of a completely healthy team.

Reactions: Mathil8

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Maurice already has healthy scratched Tanev recently

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

I can see it, but I also think he'll be quick to draw Tanev back in if Roslo appears to struggle. Although that would likely mean Armia in the top 6.

Reactions: Jet

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
"Hey I don't want to debate Pavs but, let's debate Pavs"
:laugh:

Jury is still out with you on him I guess :laugh:

Its not a debate, its simply a fact. Of the 16 goals let in that series, I challenge you to show more than 3 goals that you would assess blame on Pavs.

I have done this exercise 3 times, and even the 3rd goal I assessed as Pavs fault, I was stretching it. Many of the goals were second or third rebounds to open players trailing the play, deflections with massive screens, and or odd man rushes.

I am happy that we have a legit starting goalie, and we have moved on from the Pavs era, but to many times he was an escape goat for a team that consistently played poorly in front of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->