Line Combos: First line right winger?

izi

Apr 16, 2017
Who would you rather see on the first line in the beginning of the season? Should Laine stick to play with Little and Wheeler stay on the first line with Scheifele or should those switch places? What do you guys think?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Who would you rather see on the first line in the beginning of the season? Should Laine stick to play with Little and Wheeler stay on the first line with Scheifele or should those switch places? What do you guys think?

Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine -- it baffles me to no end that anybody wants anything else. That's the most dangerous line in hockey. Any defensive loss is more than made up by offensive gain - and all 3 can be expected to improve defensively due to outstanding attitudes and coachability.
Connor - Little - Wheeler -- I'm coming around to starting Connor on that line. Playing with Little and Wheeler will shelter him as well as starting out on the 3rd would. Will depend on TC performance of course and Connor still could begin on the 3rd and MP with Little and Wheeler. If Laine and Wheeler swap then Connor has to move to the 3rd.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
Perreault - Little - Laine

You're getting 15-20+ less goals from Connor & Laine with that lineup. Not a good idea to be padding Blake's numbers heading into an extension.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
To start the season:

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Laine

Connor-Lowry-Armia
Matthias-Copp-Dano

By end of season, I think we'll see:

Connor-Scheifele-Laine
Ehlers-Little-Wheeler

Perreault-Roslovic-Dano
Matthias/Copp-Lowry-Armia

Works for me.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Laine Scheifele Ehlers - Most lethal Line in hockey last season... why not do it again, also Laine is much better on the Left(offensively, IMO)

Connor Little Wheeler - Surround the Elite talent Connor with a great veteran Center and possible the best 200ft Winger in the league, not only will the vets make magic but Connor should as well.

Perrault Roslovic Dano - Perrault is one of the most underrated NHL forwards in the league, he is one of the best Two-Way Wingers and can Playmake as good as any other Jets player(IMO) you pair that with another great Two-Way Winger and a borderline Elite talent level Roslovic you have one of the deepest Forward depths in the NHL

Copp Lowry Armia - Another young solid Line that will score once every other night.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Start the season with Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers as the top line.

Switch to Perreault-Little-Laine if it doesn't bring immediate success.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Laine Scheifele Ehlers - Most lethal Line in hockey last season... why not do it again, also Laine is much better on the Left(offensively, IMO)

Connor Little Wheeler - Surround the Elite talent Connor with a great veteran Center and possible the best 200ft Winger in the league, not only will the vets make magic but Connor should as well.

E-S-L to line up. Wingers cross over in the O zone. Worked great. Leave it alone.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Little laine and mp sounds like Maurice is coaching

Keep ESL to start the seasom strong and then start mixing things if Connor gets it going

Think Connor should play with little and wheeler

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
16-17 5v5

[table="head;]Line|Icetime|Goalz|Corgis
Matthias-Lowry-Armia|367:54|13-16|48.6
Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine|266:22|22-15|48.6
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler|240:26|9-11|55.8
Ehlers-Little-Laine|207:10|9-6|45.8
Perreault-Little-Wheeler|164:37|12-12|60.5
Perreault-Scheifele-Wheeler|125:24|7-7|54.0
Perreault-Little-Laine|117:38|6-10|54.5
Perreault-Scheifele-Laine|112:14|10-6|54.6
Ehlers-Little-Wheeler|112:01|6-4|51.5[/table]

E-S-L could be elite, they just need to housetrain their Corgis so they don't **** all over the carpet. The Ehlers/Laine combo looks like a 7-year-old girl surrounded by professional dog trainers.

Last edited:

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
16-17 5v5

[table="head;]Line|Icetime|Goalz|Corgis
Matthias-Lowry-Armia|367:54|13-16|48.6
Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine|266:22|22-15|48.6
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler|240:26|9-11|55.8
Ehlers-Little-Laine|207:10|9-6|45.8
Perreault-Little-Wheeler|164:37|12-12|60.5
Perreault-Scheifele-Wheeler|125:24|7-7|54.0
Perreault-Little-Laine|117:38|6-10|54.5
Perreault-Scheifele-Laine|112:14|10-6|54.6
Ehlers-Little-Wheeler|112:01|6-4|51.5[/table]

E-S-L could be elite, they just need to housetrain their Corgis so they don't **** all over the carpet. The Ehlers/Laine combo looks like a 7-year-old girl surrounded by professional dog trainers.

This table shows that Perreault-Scheifele-Laine combination would most likely be the best line for the Jets. This is in fact what the good old eye test told me also during last season.

Maybe Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine could also work well, but I am still doubting that Ehlers and Laine are yet physically ready to play in the same line with each other. After a season or two though I think they should already be a lot stronger physically, and then they could work really well together. But it is most probably worthy to try them together with Scheifele occasionally already the starting season.

Last edited:

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
What about Laine Scheif Wheeler?

I like the sound of that too, but as we know how Maurice doesn't like to play Laine as an LW, it is quite unlikely that we will see much of that combination. It could really be seriously dynamite, so it's a pity if we won't see how it would work.

phamJET

Feb 1, 2010
wheeler and scheifele are great at puck possession, so I dont want both of them on the same line.

Ehlers and laine both have good shooting skills so I dont want them on the same line.
pereault and little are great playmakers but lack size and strength so they should be on a line that have a good shooter and a good puck possession player, this way as soon as the puck is on the stick of little/pereault, they have two options to go to, the shooter or the puck possession artist.

Laine/ehlers are good shooters, but they need players that can pass them the puck, and thats what puck possession players and playmakers are for.

wheeler/scheifele are strong and can hold the puck but you cant expect them to hold it forever, so you need to provide them with good shooters and playmakers.

so I would go with,

pereault scheifele laine

ehlers little wheeler

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine -- it baffles me to no end that anybody wants anything else. That's the most dangerous line in hockey. Any defensive loss is more than made up by offensive gain - and all 3 can be expected to improve defensively due to outstanding attitudes and coachability.
Connor - Little - Wheeler -- I'm coming around to starting Connor on that line. Playing with Little and Wheeler will shelter him as well as starting out on the 3rd would. Will depend on TC performance of course and Connor still could begin on the 3rd and MP with Little and Wheeler. If Laine and Wheeler swap then Connor has to move to the 3rd.

Why anything besides Laine-Chef-Ehlers?

Because they are without a doubt the 3 worst top 6 forwards defensively. Their success last year was larger against the odds. They were out shot and out corsi'd significantly at times.

I can't understand why we would play the 3 worst shot suppression top 6 forwards together and hope they beat the odds when we have 3 excellent play drivers in little, MP and Wheeler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->