Fire Pro Wrestling World

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
This game looks like it is going to be fun as hell and gets released for the PS4 soon, I believe its on PC steam early access already, but I don't PC game. Any going to buy this on PS4? I think it would be fun to play online with people on HF Wrestling, or if you are on PC, heres a thread to talk about it, so you are welcome! I've known about Fire Pro Wrestling forever but never really indulged, I was a THQ/AKI guy.

https://www.destructoid.com/early-access-review-fire-pro-wrestling-world-449110.phtml

Fire Pro is the closest thing to a sandbox game the genre has. You can customise wrestlers, statistics, referees, promotions, and factions. You can re-colour every aspect of the ring itself and even design logos to print on the canvas. As well as a plethora of standard match choices at your disposal, there are Battle Royals, hardcore brawls, and Big Japan-style death-matches, featuring landmines, exploding-ropes, and barbed-wire brawls. There's even a simplified MMA mode, complete with Octag...err Decagon, so you can recreate C.M. Punk's rise to glory.

The ridiculously vast Wrestler Edit mode opens up endless roster possibilities. Within weeks I fully expect almost every name wrestler, past and present, to be available to players, free of charge (I personally can't wait to play as Ruth from GLOW.) This particular feature is what will keep FPW alive for years, with new reel lyfe wrestlers turning up for download as soon as they arrive on the scene. Also, you can have a bear's head.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I remember enjoying the one I played on SNES.

If the PS4 version allows you to download people's created wrestlers, I'll check it out. Otherwise, I doubt I bother.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I've got the early access version on PC. Already feels pretty polished. Crazy addictive.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
I could never get into the PS2 version, but for the right price, I'll give it a try again. Plus: it has bears.

It's my favourite wrestling game I've played (compared to Here Comes the Pain, No Mercy, Virtual Pro 1 and 2), but it also has the steepest learning curve I've experienced.

The fun for me is having complete control over everything. I can make titles, logos, rings, referees.

Wrestlers I can completely control their logic. What moves they pin at, the amount they will use or attempt to use a move in the beginning, middle or end of a match. How they approach you, always advancing no matter what or more cowardly approach. You have to breathe! There is a breathe button.

I think me and my friend have collectively created over 300 wrestlers that we continue to use to this day. Love the game and can't wait for the PS4 version.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
The fact that's there already thousands of edits on steam make this a can't miss

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Love it. Wish the hit detection on strikes and running moves was a little more forgiving but I've wished that since Fire Pro was thing.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
How you fellas enjoying it? The EDIT quality on PS4 will improve over time, but there is some decent starting stuff there. Cool how you can grab stuff while on your phone.

CDCent

Dec 13, 2018
I'm running a competitive PS4 League for Fire Pro Wrestling we're going to allow only established real wrestlers.
I've run a successful 2K League and have decided to try something new with a Fire Pro League, we will do weekly shows and monthly ppvs.
We do awesome logos, banners, vignettes for certain guys that debut and monthly ppv videos for the main feud, do promos on each other and generally just try to have fun, if you're interested just send me a message on facebook or join our Facebook Group or Website.
PWFU Fire Pro League
PWFU Returns- The Gold Standard In Fire Pro Gaming
PWFU: The Gold Standard Of Fire Pro Gaming - PWFU: The Gold Standard Of Fire Pro Gaming
View media item 3571

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad