Finnerty's in NYC

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Hello, friends!

I've been living in NYC for ~2 weeks and I discovered there is a San Jose Sharks bar in the Lower East Side called Finnerty's. The Sharks have been my West team for years, I'd love to support you guys with other Sharks fans in NYC. I have a Joe Thornton t-shirt but I left my Devin Setoguchi jersey at home (don't judge me).

Anyone been there? Is it a good time/often crowded?

Thanks!

tealcharkie

Sep 17, 2007
Oakland, CA
Logging in for the first time in years to respond to this. I don't know what the atmosphere is like these days, but when I lived in NYC from 09-12, this was the spot (maybe the only spot) to watch Sharks playoff hockey with some other fans. It was pretty loud when we knocked out Detroit years ago and was definitely a good time.

The other place you might want to call and check to see if they play the Sharks game and have fans there is Pacific Standard out in Brooklyn. They're an A's (Go A's!) bar, but they may be playing the Sharks game too. I went there to watch the '10 Olympic gold medal game and there were a few people.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I was in NYC a few weeks ago and watched game 6 vs. the Preds there. The Warriors game was also on at that time, so most people were watching that. It seemed like a cool place though.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I was wondering about Finnerty's, I've past by there several times on trips to NY. Seems like a cool place for a Sharks game.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I heard about this place a few years ago. When I visit NYC, I'm making Megustaelhockey take me there.

CiEPOVSUUAILA54.jpg

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
This is great! I work kind of near there so if I work late tomorrow I might go watch the game down there. I live uptown so it'd be a pain to go up then down in ~3 hours.

Thanks everyone! Go Sharks!

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
This is great! I work kind of near there so if I work late tomorrow I might go watch the game down there. I live uptown so it'd be a pain to go up then down in ~3 hours.

Thanks everyone! Go Sharks!

Heck yeah, buddy! Would be great to have you rooting for the Sharks there, or wherever you can. :yo:

sharked out hog

Sep 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I live in NYC and frequent Finnerty's but mostly for Giants games. They play Sharks regular season games but it's not exactly packed with Sharks fans.

During the playoffs it's a great place to watch games because a lot of people actually show up just for the Sharks.

wraith985

Jan 8, 2006
I live here as well and I love Finnerty's. I was there when the Giants won the WS in 2010 and it was an absolute madhouse. Ever since, it's been one of my favorite places to watch sports in the city (assuming I can be bothered to leave my apartment, that is).

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Is anyone here going to be there tonight? I'd love to go, but I'm the only one in my friends group actually interested in hockey. If I can meet someone there, you can count me in. If not I'll go during a weekend if they make it to the next round.

You can PM me any info. I really gotta get to this place. I'm even wearing a Sharks shirt underneath my polo today!

Shape

Go Sharks :)
Apr 25, 2006
Across from the Tank
I live here as well and I love Finnerty's. I was there when the Giants won the WS in 2010 and it was an absolute madhouse.
So was I! I had a trip planned for months and then all of a sudden The Giants were in the World Series at the same time. It was awesome being with so many Giants fans even though I wasn't in the Bay.

Is anyone here going to be there tonight? I'd love to go, but I'm the only one in my friends group actually interested in hockey. If I can meet someone there, you can count me in. If not I'll go during a weekend if they make it to the next round.
***k it, dude. Just go regardless. Even if you go solo you will have a blast and for sure meet lots of Sharks fans. That place will be bonkers if they win tonight.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Didn't know this place existed until I moved into "The City". Went here earlier in the year for a regular season game and they didn't even have the Sharks game on so never went back.

Will definitely be coming by if they make the finals.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Sharks are extremely popular here.

After the Rangers, Islanders, and Devils, Sharks merchandise is easily #4.

I'll see someone wearing Sharks stuff like once a week.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
For any of my fellow NYC Sharks fans, the NHL store has the Sharks Western Conference Champs gear now. Got my hat today. A lot of other gear as well now that they're in the SC Final.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad