Finley vs. Danis..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I'd take Yann Danis

Never been too impressed with Finley, he went so high because he was on a great junior team during his draft year, like Brent Krahn.

It says alot when your AHL team decides to go with 36 year old Wade Flaherty over you for the playoffs

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Herby said:
It says alot when your AHL team decides to go with 36 year old Wade Flaherty over you for the playoffs

Its easy to say that, but Finley actually had an extremely good year. Flaherty was the fan favorite AND the leader behind the team. When you have a chance to win the Calder Cup, the coaches are going to utilize their best assets. Flaherty has an enormous amount of experience...he is the logical choice.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Why is Finley not in the NHL as of yet? I remember his draft year, they (don't remember who but I remember it was a respected source) said he was going to be a starter in the next couple of years. Well can anyone tell me if he's doing any good? I'm curious.

The Jerk*

Leachmeister2000 said:
Why is Finley not in the NHL as of yet? I remember his draft year, they (don't remember who but I remember it was a respected source) said he was going to be a starter in the next couple of years. Well can anyone tell me if he's doing any good? I'm curious.

he's had A LOT of injury problems, this past season was his best year injury-wise since being drafted, and he posted decent numbers (that's if I'm not mistaken)

X-SHARKIE

I see around a dozen of Milwaukee games a year so fire away any questions you have on Finley.

This year was definitly his best yet, and I think he's really close to being ready for the back up spot.

Nothing wrong with taking a young goaltender slow. Sure he well never be the goalie he was drafted to be, but I think he's a good prospect.

Wade Flaherty is a NHL vet, he's been in the NHL playoffs game 7 multiple O.T.'s for petes sake.

There is a time in the AHL were you gotta ignore a specific players devolopment and go for the prize. Wade is also a great great guy who is great with young players, and is presence should help Finley down the road.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Leachmeister2000 said:

He grew following his draft year and experienced some injury-ridden years. Last year, though, he had a pretty solid-injury free season. He looked good, and will definitely be the starter next year for the farm club. Next year, is likely the pivotal year for him. He has the size and tools.....he just needs to stay healthy ;).

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
I'd go with Finley, he's finally finished growing into his body and had a solid year on a very good minor league club despite playing behind a very good AHL goalie (Flaherty).

I'll admit I haven't seen much of Danis, but he looks pretty good as well, so I'll go with who I know.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I went with Danis, I really think Finley is super overrated, even in his draft year he was way overrated. Seen him play at the WJC and here in Halifax at the Memorial Cup and both times he was very weak up high and showed alot of holes in his game. I don't think Finley will ever be a starter in the NHL.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Enoch said:
Its easy to say that, but Finley actually had an extremely good year. Flaherty was the fan favorite AND the leader behind the team. When you have a chance to win the Calder Cup, the coaches are going to utilize their best assets. Flaherty has an enormous amount of experience...he is the logical choice.

Exactly.

The Penguins used Andy Chiodo over Marc-Andre Fleury for the same reason.

Granted there's not the age difference, but definitely a maturity and experience difference.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
Finley

Danis played at a not good Division NCAA division and has played a handful of pro games. He has nothing to be judged on yet

ttnorm

Feb 21, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
Aki Fan said:
Finley

Danis played at a not good Division NCAA division and has played a handful of pro games. He has nothing to be judged on yet
You have a point but Danis has a history with to be judged with the upper half of the ECAC (mostly the Ivies) who would hold their own in any conference and with good out of conference opponents. I got to see him play plenty and he was 80-90% of the Brown team.

I expect he will struggle a bit this year as he adapts to the higher level but he is an excellent prospect for the Habs. He is a first rate guy as well and I'll be cheering for him. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad