Finlands Starting Goalie at the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyri

Apr 5, 2002
Visit site
It`s hard to say, but I think that decision will be made between Nurminen and Kiprusoff. I would choose Kipper, because he`s having so fantastic season. Although Nurminen can be spectacular at times. Those two will propably be #1 and #2 for Finland, Lehtonen and Toskala are battling for third spot.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They would be insane if Kiprusoff wasn't the #1. Nurminen will be #2.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
During the Thrashers game Pasi said in an interview that he will most likely not play in the WC. He said he is a bit sore and banged up and wants to come back for next season healthy and ready to go.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
btn said:
During the Thrashers game Pasi said in an interview that he will most likely not play in the WC. He said he is a bit sore and banged up and wants to come back for next season healthy and ready to go.

In that case, it might be Kiprusoff 1, Toskala #2, Lehtonen #3.

I would think Lehtonen would play in the World Championships

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Douggy said:
Kiprusoff?
Nurminen?
Lehtonen?

What do you think?

World Cup

1. Nurminen
2. Kipper
Lehtonen

If Kipper plays Calgary far in POs he might be the starting goalie

World Champs

I think this should be a somebody from europe, the goalies from NA havent had a solid performance in National Team for couple of years now. Problem is who from European leagues can be no 1.

It doesn´t matter who´s the back up, we need good and solid performing no.1 goalie.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
ZeroTheHero said:
à think there are few options on a starter who plays in Europe. Norrena, Bäckström, Karjalainen (won't even get consideration though), maybe Lehto... While we will get some solid tenders from the NHL, like Jussi "Nolla" Markkanen.

Bäckström would be good choice but he´s "injured". Lassila is good today but yesterday he wasn´t. Norrena is usually good as well as Markkanen, but they seem to have these "strange" selfasteam problems, specially in Leijonat.
Lehto has been better every year but he has very little international experience. So could Noronen be the one? Season in Buffalo was a bit rollercoaster -like: good game, bad game..

Well we shall see..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad