2. Ville Peltonen-Olli Jokinen-Mikko Eloranta
3. Tuomo Ruutu-Niko Kapanen-Jukka Hentunen
4. Ville Nieminen-Riku Hahl-Jarkko Ruutu
5. Antti Laaksonen-Mikko Koivu-Niklas Hagman

1. Kimmo Timonen-Sami Salo
2. Toni Lydman-Teppo Numminen
3. Aki Berg-Janne Niinimaa
4. Ossi Väänänen-Joni Pitkänen.

Saku Koivu was named captain while Numminen, Selänne and Jokinen were named alternates.

Last edited:

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Jussi said:
Finland began their training camp today and their lines were these.

Saku Koivu was named captain while Numminen, Selänne and Jokinen were named alternates.

Gotta love that third line of Ville, Riku, and Jarkko... :handclap:

chicpea*

cyrisweb said:
Nice to see Salo on the top pairing, that guys been such a rock in every aspect of the game since coming to Vancouver.

Couldn't agree more. After Canada, Finland is the team I'm hoping for, and no guys more than Saku and Salo.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Man, Ruutu and Nieminen are going to disturb so much **** its not even funny.

i cant wait.

I love Ville, even vs. the canucks he would always crack me up. I wonder if him and Ruutu discuss tactics. ahh...cant wait.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Talk about an underrated defense corps. Very solid bunch but you don't hear much about them, I hope to see Finland in the finals against Canada :)

gib

Feb 3, 2004
Lehtinen has problems with his back and he stays with the World Cup group, with day by day method. So his condition is checked by everyday and if his back won`t let him play, Summanen will choose another player to replace him. We must hope that Jere is able to play. We can`t lose player like he is, too important for the team.

About lines, if those are final lines for Finland, which I doupt. Seems like Summanen is sharing the offensive talent evenly to every line, expect 4th line. It is interesting to see how it works. T.Ruutu-Kapanen-Hentunen line can turn out pretty good. Wonder why Laakosonen was on 5th line and Eloranta on 2nd? Is it cause Eloranta is pure rightwing and Laaksonen leftwing? In the other hand it is almoust same who you put with Ville and Olli, Laaksonen or Elotanta. Their job on that line is to play defensively well, do the dirty job on the corners and front of the goal.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
I really, really like those combinations for a system of three offensive lines. Eloranta is the closest replacement for Tomi Kallio on the line we saw in the World Championships and might not hurt its offensive potential at all. Ruutu-Kapanen-Hentunen may be a bit ineffective, but they've got the skill it takes. Also, Berg paired with Niinimaa (who hasn't had a chance to redeem himself yet) might suggest that Ucky isn't planned for top six, which is relieving.

The coach could be tried for crimes against humanity in the International Criminal Court if he plays that fourth line.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
There is a link ín first post to site which shows lines, but I put those lines also here.....

1. Kimmo Timonen-Sami Salo
2. Toni Lydman-Teppo Numminen
3. Aki Berg-Janne Niinimaa
4. Ossi Väänänen-Joni Pitkänen.

1. Jere Lehtinen-Saku Koivu-Teemu Selänne
2. Ville Peltonen-Olli Jokinen-Mikko Eloranta
3. Tuomo Ruutu-Niko Kapanen-Jukka Hentunen
4. Ville Nieminen-Riku Hahl-Jarkko Ruutu
5. Antti Laaksonen-Mikko Koivu-Niklas Hagman

gib

Feb 3, 2004
Laituri said:
Ruutu-Kapanen-Hentunen may be a bit ineffective, but they've got the skill it takes.

Kapanen and Hentunen played very well in World Championships and were one of the best combos in team FInland. What is most important is they showed a lot offensive potential. Pärssinen was the third guy on that line and he didn`t bring that much for that line. So now when T.Ruutu is playing there, he brings his more offensive abilitys there than Pärssinen did in WChamps. Hentunen is a good speedy sniper who can score and also Kapanen showed that he still can score goals. So I am not worried that this line will be ineffective.

Laituri said:
The coach could be tried for crimes against humanity in the International Criminal Court if he plays that fourth line.

Isn`t there a rule in international hockey...hmmm.....was it rule number 67/8:

If players Ville Nieminen and Jarkko Ruutu are playing in the same team, it is prohibited to put Ville and Jarkko to same line. When doing that it may cause serious mental and physical damage to all the players on the ice. Researchs has shown that even players on the same team with Ville and Jarkko can feel dizzy, drowsy and irritated after the game.

Btw. Didn`t anybody pay attention to what Summanen said about goalie situation? He said that: (quik translation) "Kipru comes to Finland on saturday. Trip to Canada doesn`t affect to his position(as number 1. goalie), but we need to think about who is playing on monday, because of the time difference thing." So there is a change that Lehtonen will start against Chech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad