Finland's Goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Bonkers said:
What are you laughing at? Bäckström was the best choice for sure, but I'd love to see how he'd be doing if he was playing for Ässät, for example. It's not like Bäckström is hands down the best goalie in SM-liiga, but he's clearly the most experienced so that's why he got the job.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Mestarin malja said:
Where did you find this information?
Look at post#12 in this thread, and I believe Markkanen said after the team was announced that he's not coming if he doesen't get selected early enough.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
Bäckström was the best choise replacing Lehtonen.

And I am so happy Markkanen wasn`t selected. :clap: He has never been goalie you could really trust.

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
Unfortunately, I'm afraid that the Finns have no chance to reach even the fifth or sixth place. Too many players injured and the weak link will be the goalie.

Bäckström may be good in sm-liiga but in international tournaments I think he is only average. In my opinion even Switzerland will have better goalies in this tournament.

But I would be happy if I'm wrong. I hope Finland will surprise me.

ugrakarma

>/dev/null
Jan 28, 2006
boonies, Finland
If both Norrena and Niittymäki are injured and game against Italy goes to a shootout can we use Jutila instead of Bäckström? He's slow but most of all he's so fat he's bound to catch at least some of the shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad