Olympics: Finland Roster Discussion (Roster in post 1)

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
can someone give me a quick rapport on these players:
koskiranta
savinainen
hartikainen

i would be grateful

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
If the NHL participates in 2022, team Finland will be a tough pill to swallow
Any mix of...
Laine Barkov Rantanen
Granlund Aho Puljujarvi we can bring that caliber of top 6
Tolvanen Borgstrom Vesalainen

Last edited:
Reactions: Razamanaz

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
If the NHL participates in 2022, team Finland will be a tough pill to swallow
Any mix of...
Laine Barkov Rantanen
Granlund Aho Puljujarvi
We can bring that caliber of top 6
You can add Tolvanen, Borgström and Vesalainen.

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
Bye bye, Marjamäki, bye bye ... get the 'ell out of Dodge ... or rather the Finland national team; and the rest will sort it out itself (but that will not happen! ... too bad too sad for Finland).

Golden age of Finland hockey is here.
At our feet.
And I don't want a stiff upper lip loser like Marjamäki to stomp it out.

The Worldchampionships in hockey in Köpenhamn/Herning Denmark will be a much more exciting and better tournament than this South Korean joke of a game.
And that allround.

NHL.

Let the hockey do the talkin' - and plenty a Finland talent comin' Denmark way from over the pond to Denmark to prove me I'm right this time around!

Last edited:

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
What are Leo Komarovs chances of making the Finland squad? I know he doesn't score very much anymore, but I have been very impressed with his play with Islanders this playoffs. I could definitely see a role for him on the fourth line, bringing physicality, penalty killing and leadership to what probably be a relatively young team.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
What are Leo Komarovs chances of making the Finland squad? I know he doesn't score very much anymore, but I have been very impressed with his play with Islanders this playoffs. I could definitely see a role for him on the fourth line, bringing physicality, penalty killing and leadership to what probably be a relatively young team.
Extremely low. I'd love to see him in the booth as an assistant though.

Reactions: weklof

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

For me the case Komarov came close with some different type of players. One or two of Haula, Kakko, Puljujärvi or Komarov doesn't make that group of 12. With the right line balancing, I was able to drop Komarov out of my line up, but I don't know if it was the right thing to do. In my opinion it's rather close that Komarov would make the line up. If I can remember right, Komarov was in J.Jalonen's 2011 WHC gold team and I'm pretty sure that J.Jalonen loves him, so J.Jalonen might just pick him and leave one of the young guns out.

The bolded players of the A team are must haves and can't be left out of the A team. No way. Kakko and Puljujärvi I'm not 100% about. The bolded players of B team are under consideration for A team.

A team:
-----------
Rantanen-Barkov-Donskoi
Teräväinen-Aho-Laine

Kakko-Hintz-Kapanen
Armia-Mi.Granlund
-Puljujärvi

B Team:
------------
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Kuokkanen
Komarov-Lundell-Ruotsalainen
Kiviranta-Haula-Tolvanen
Luostarinen-Filppula-Lammikko

Some good players would have to be left out of the A team there. Sorry for the line balancing btw, I know that it's not right, but I CBA to fix it right now :).

Granny to wing and one of Lundell/Kotkaniemi/Haula in for the center position could work as well. Lundell has to have a killer start for his rookie season first though.

Last edited:
Reactions: weklof

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
What a weird thread necro. Or are we going green and recycling our 2018 thread as our 2022 thread?

Regarding Komarov, the reason he's not a candidate for the olympic team is that he's retired from NT duty. Did so years ago. If Jalonen wants a Komarov-type player in the team, he can pick Kiviranta, who's one of his 2019 familiars.

Last edited:

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
What a weird thread necro. Or are we going green and recycling our 2018 thread as our 2022 thread?

Haha, yeah didn't realize it was so old. I was assuming there must be Finland Olympic roster thread, so when I couldn't find any on the two first pages, I filtered on the Olympics tag and searched for Finland :laugh:

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
For me the case Komarov came close with some different type of players. One or two of Haula, Kakko, Puljujärvi or Komarov doesn't make that group of 12. With the right line balancing, I was able to drop Komarov out of my line up, but I don't know if it was the right thing to do. In my opinion it's rather close that Komarov would make the line up. If I can remember right, Komarov was in J.Jalonen's 2011 WHC gold team and I'm pretty sure that J.Jalonen loves him, so J.Jalonen might just pick him and leave one of the young guns out.

The bolded players of the A team are must haves and can't be left out of the A team. No way. Kakko and Puljujärvi I'm not 100% about. The bolded players of B team are under consideration for A team.

A team:
-----------
Rantanen-Barkov-Donskoi
Teräväinen-Aho-Laine

Kakko-Hintz-Kapanen
Armia-Mi.Granlund
-Puljujärvi

B Team:
------------
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Kuokkanen
Komarov-Lundell-Ruotsalainen
Kiviranta-Haula-Tolvanen
Luostarinen-Filppula-Lammikko

Some good players would have to be left out of the A team there. Sorry for the line balancing btw, I know that it's not right, but I CBA to fix it right now :).

Granny to wing and one of Lundell/Kotkaniemi/Haula in for the center position could work as well. Lundell has to have a killer start for his rookie season first though.

Yeah, Finland will ice a formidable group of forwards, no doubt. Some good, young player will be left on the outside looking in. Can't imagine all of Kotkaniemi, Lundell, Kakko, Puljujärvi and Tolvanen makes it. Will be interesting to see what Lundell will do in his rookie season, I have a feeling he might actually turn out to be the best of the bunch.

Reactions: Mestaruus

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Ristolainen has been left out from a national team meeting involving most Finnish NHL players. Doesnt look like he'll make the Olympic team, for some reason

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
I'm more positive than disappointed by the decision to leave Ristolainen out. If you always say no to the invitation to represent your home country, why would you deserve to get it when it is the Olympics? Skill-wise he'd make the team, but Finland won't win or lose without him. This is a very logical decision and sends a message to other young players.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Havent read anything about him not being interested in Olympics. Care to
elaborate?
It's not up to Ristolainen, he would love to play in the Olympics.
He's been asked to compete in the national team 8 years in a row for the World Championships. He hasn't gone once. Jalonen is well in his rights to not choose him to play for Finland because
A. He's not good enough to begin with
B. He's definitely not good enough to act too good for the national team and then turn around just because there's an Olympic competition.
The World Championships are a second-rate competition, but that doesn't excuse him for not coming over once to play for Finland.

Reactions: Ippenator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad