Finland playing-Kipper getting a tan in Hawaii

Status
Not open for further replies.

mug3n

Jan 15, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Unless he suddenly breaks his leg or something in Hawaii, then I don't see what's the problem. Kipper should only stay in Calgary if he just physically cannot move or has a 4-6 week injury. Which isn't the case. I don't think it's a problem to rehab and vacation at the same time.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
nhl players are not allowed to use the nhl team's training facility during olympic break .

may as well re-hab in hawaii if you are making good coin -I know I would :innocent:

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
TK79 said:
It was reported in todays Iltasanomat that Miika Kiprusoff is vacationing in Hawaii during the Olympic break. This guy is making it awfully hard to like him.. If he's so damn injured shouldn't he be rahabbing in Calgary during the break??? :madfire:

It's called resting the hip, not rehabbing it. He has an inflamed hip. You can't do any rehab on it, just let it heal. They stick him full of injections during the season to keep it from getting worse. If he went to Turin there wouldn't have been good enough doctors and other staff to keep the inflammation down. That and the whole disclosure thing.

Give it up already.

SChan*

TK79 said:
It was reported in todays Iltasanomat that Miika Kiprusoff is vacationing in Hawaii during the Olympic break. This guy is making it awfully hard to like him.. If he's so damn injured shouldn't he be rahabbing in Calgary during the break??? :madfire:

I understand kipper shopuld have made finland a gold candidate, but I'd say get over it. what's done is done. Sweden with the loss of norstrom is looking as bad injury vise.

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
SectionX said:
I understand kipper shopuld have made finland a gold candidate, but I'd say get over it. what's done is done. Sweden with the loss of norstrom is looking as bad injury vise.

I second that....

If a player does not want to play for his country - you don't want him on your team.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
SectionX said:

Practically every Swede on these boards is fuming about the fact that the Flyers are trying to keep Forsberg from playing. Should you guys get over that? I'm just saying that when national pride is in question you don't always think rationally..

SChan*

TK79 said:
Practically every Swede on these boards is fuming about the fact that the Flyers are trying to keep Forsberg from playing. Should you guys get over that? I'm just saying that when national pride is in question you don't always think rationally..

Ok i have been upset over the forsberg situation, but i realized he isn't going to play unless he feels 100% so I dont have high hopes anymore.

call me a hypocrite if you want ;)

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
TK79 said:

I'm not fuming about it. The club can't stop him. What are they gonna do? Tear his contract? PLayers like Forsberg doesn't need the NHL anymore more than the teams need him. It's his call. Perhaps, now with hindsight he should've stayed @ with his injuries, but bottom line is he can't be stopped by Snider. The same goes for Kipper. What's Sutter going to do if Kipper says he wants to play olympics? Bench him the rest o the season? Kipper will still collect his paycheck. Plus, Kipper is more imporant to CGY than vice versa.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Garfield said:
But an injury is an injury. You don't want an injured player even more.
If he can play high intensity NHL games, in which he faces about 5-10 shots more with almost double the skating to clear the puck etc, it doesn't sound like an injury is the reason he is staying away to me....

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
SectionX said:
I understand kipper shopuld have made finland a gold candidate, but I'd say get over it.
I would be pretty mad if the star of my countrys team was too injured to play in the olympics, and yet has played the 2nd most games in the NHL for goalies, behind only Luongo.

It sort of makes me mad too. The more quality teams in the tournament, the better the quality of hockey. Kiprusoff is arguably the best goalie in the world. If he's too injured to play in the olympics, why is he starting more games than every other goalie in the NHL save for 1?

surge

Mar 7, 2004
TK79 said:

Have you ever been to Calgary? I'd vacation in Hawaii as often as I could if I was forced to live in Calgary during the year.

PapaBear*

Kipper went to hawaii for some pineapple, he needs the rest trust me, being the most played goalie so far this year.

Connorrhea

Sep 17, 2005
TK79 said:

Or if he was so damn injured, shouldn't he not be leading the league in games played?

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
surge said:
Have you ever been to Calgary? I'd vacation in Hawaii as often as I could if I was forced to live in Calgary during the year.
You picked a really bad time to make this comment. We are heading into our worst cold snap of the year. Thanks for rubbing it in.

Golden Slumbers

Dec 26, 2005
Ottawa
I don't buy how he can play for Calgary every single game but still be too injured to represent his country at the highest level.

It smacks of disrespect to me, but now I'm wishing Hasek had done the same thing, damnit.

Phanuthier*

DownFromNJ said:
You get a two week vacation and you stay in ice-cold Calgary?

Um... no?
Exactly

Plus, there's something in the Hawaii water that heals his hip better. :propeller

I wonder if this was an all expenses paid trip by the Flames?

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
TK79 said:

Why does he have to rehab in Calgary? Why can't he do it in Hawaii?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad