Finland 4, USA 3 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That is the last game the finns win in this tournament.

The Finns sure are lucky that USA is so undisciplin.

FlyersHomer DM03

Mar 2, 2002
Allentown, PA
i'm glad antero is on the flyers, he played an amazing game--we just didnt have it, hopefully some younger, quicker talent develops in the next four years, i knew we didnt have much of a chance going in, but still managed to be in the game vs. slovaks, swedes, russia, and finland today

JussiM

Feb 1, 2006
Finland
ShaneDoan said:
I just dunno...maybe you maybe bit dummier than others...youre comedy-series also are very crap...they aren`t funny at all.
Huh?

It wasn't just about this game. It seems to be general attitude here. Well, I'm new here, so what do I know, maybe that's the way around here.

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
Finland won, but didn't impress me like they did in group play. They will have to step it up if they want to win semifinal game.

Good tournament for USA, if disappointing result. They were competitive in every game, and proved they are one of the big 7 international teams.

I still think best hockey is yet to come, and expect the winners of the two late games to meet in the final.

Roger's Pancreas*

Gotta feel for Canuck's fans tonight.

Jovo was already going to miss some time and because of the Olympics they're going to be without their two best defenseman. Congratulations to the Finns, I hope you play better in the next round though. This was not the same group effort that got them here.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
SmokeyClause said:
Congrats to Finland.

What a tourney for the U.S. They have bested or equaled hockey's elite in every game, yet lost 4 of the 6 and only won once. Definitely not our year.
The personality of this club reflected its play. Most of the players on this team were either good (not great) or past their prime (read: recently lost their ability to finish). Drury was the only truly clutch player on the team this year. Oh well, at least the future looks relatively bright.

Mr Brownstone

Aug 31, 2003
596 miles away
Tkachuk's stupid penalties, the ******** high stick on Hatcher, Gomez doing something stupid. We killed ourselves in this game. Two cheap goals on DiPietro and like acr said, it took way too long to put Drury with some finishers. Drury and Cole were our best two players in a majority of our games. Props to Chelios for selling out today.

That said, Finland's 6-0 for a reason. They looked good, though not invincible.

miss hockey

Sep 6, 2004
Helsinki
congrats to Team Niittymäki!

Great performance!

Horrible performance by team finland. you threw it away. Team Antero Niittymäki saved the day.

Canadian referee was horrible, a disgrace really. But even with him as the 6th american the USA coudn't score!

Olli Jokinen, Aki Berg - excellent games
Ville Nieminen - monster of a game. Erkka is an idiot to bench you for creating chaos against the americans because of sheer strenght.

Erkka - you sir are an idiot. The team plays like **** and you do nothing. One player playes great, probably greatest shift of anybody in the entire game, and instead of drawing 2 penalties the ref is blind and penalises him, so you bench him. *** is wrong with you Erkka?

JussiM

Feb 1, 2006
Finland
acr said:
I hope the Finns stop complaining about officiating after this one.
Try to understand it isn't this simple:

Finnish getting penalties -> officiating is favouring US
or vice versa.

It is how some go uncalled and then the oddest things get called. This has applied to both teams. At least, this is how I think, don't know about others.

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
Ott = Snott said:
Appeared to have pulled something in the game against Russia. Didn't play more than a minute in the 3rd today.

I had no idea. Is it bad? Hate to see it effect the Stars, I've been watching and very much enjoying them all season.

budscweizer16

Jun 14, 2004
Prospect Park(outsid
Damed penaltys. Its so frustrating to continuosly watch USA lose with such an effort. Some things i noticed for team USA in this tourny:
-Modano who i feel needed to be our best player was one of our worst, i did hear though that he was injured is this true?
-Tkachuk was good all tourny, although i didnt see the first two periods of the Finnish game, where i hear he wasnt
-Cole was our best player in this tourny, considering defensive and offensive play
-Not having any discipline killed us.
-Blake should have gotten more playing time

Lets hope for 2010, we got alot of good guys coming up, so i expect us to look totaly different

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
miss hockey said:
Canadian referee was horrible, a disgrace really. But even with him as the 6th american the USA coudn't score!

You have got to be kidding me. If anything they were in the finns favor.

Flonaldo

miss hockey said:
Ville Nieminen - monster of a game. Erkka is an idiot to bench you for creating chaos against the americans because of sheer strenght.

Erkka - you sir are an idiot. The team plays like **** and you do nothing. One player playes great, probably greatest shift of anybody in the entire game, and instead of drawing 2 penalties the ref is blind and penalises him, so you bench him. *** is wrong with you Erkka?
Nieminen took some stupid, brainfart -type penalties. Absolutely no excuse for that. Yes, Nemo played well in that shift, and then went overboard. Deserved penalties and good reason for benching him, you've got to keep your cool.

A lot of stupid penalties by both teams. Gomez pro'ly topping it off shooting the puck at the ref.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
miss hockey said:
congrats to Team Niittymäki!

Great performance!

Horrible performance by team finland. you threw it away. Team Antero Niittymäki saved the day.

Olli Jokinen, Aki Berg - excellent games

Please tell me your joking without his crap calls you wouldn't have two 5 on 3's which led to your lead. Slovak lineman :shakehead Following through on a shot is a 4 min penalty?

acr*

I just hope Canada loses now...I don't wanna hear it from their fans for the next 4 years if they win again...

Back to NHL talk now...HAL GILL SUCKS FIRE MIKE SULLIVAN!111!oneone!11

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
100mph slapshot said:
Why are you posting this? Did Teemu suffer a tournament-ending injury? I didn't see it, only the highsticking incident.
I didn't see the game, so I don't know o_O just thought so since there was no word about him here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->