Finally ......heres My First Ever Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
After weeks of reading many mock drafts and looking at team needs and players here is what I have come up with. This is my mock draft assuming that there are no trades:

1 Washington: Ovechkin
2 Pittsburgh: Malkin
3 Chicago Olesz
4 Columbus Barker
5 Phoenix Ladd
6 NYR Tukonen
7 Florida Schremp
8 Carolina Thelen
9 Anaheim Smid
10 Atlanta Picard
11 Los Angeles Schwartz
12 Minnesota Stafford
13 Buffalo Meszaros
14 Edmonton Chipura
15 Nashville Radulov
16 NYI Valabik
17 St.Louis Montoya
18 Montreal Wolski
19 Calgary Bolland
20 Dallas Nokelanein
21 Colorado Korpikowski
22 NJ Fransson
23 Ottawa Green
24 NYR (tor) Lisin
25 Edm (phil) O'Neil
26 Vancouver Sindel
27 Wash (bos) Zajac
28 SJ Voloeschenko
29 Wash (det) Hedman
30 Tampa Bay Shantz

Feel free to criticize away

Divine Wind

EDM will use their first's for high end talent that is not avaible after the 1st round. Chipchura has limited potential offensively, and Oneill has knocks on his hockey sense. Radulov/Wolski make more sense @ 14th. Then go with someone with high boom/bust potential @ 25 like Wheeler.

Pensaholic

Jun 8, 2004
Montreal
King Henry, you could say that about any prospect. Its vague to say that Wolski and Yashin will make good linemates.

In fact ill say Wolski will make a better line combo with Peca and say Radulov will make a better line combo with Yashin instead of Wolski.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
trahans99 said:
Is that all the feedback I get? Does everyone agree 100% on my picks?

Not really. Lisin doesn't fit in with the type of player the rangers are targetting these days. With both O'Neill and Lyamin available at #24, I'd be surprised is the Rangers didn't take one of them. The Rangers have been looking for big, physical players who skate fairly well, and who compete on a regular basis. Lisin seems to fit only one part of that criteria.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
i feel the goalies are too low, even without any trades happening in your draft....

i'm sure that schwarz and/or montoya will make their way into the top 10, and if they both dont, the 2nd shouldnt be available come the 17th pick (sorry blues fans)

KH1

Pensaholic said:
King Henry, you could say that about any prospect. Its vague to say that Wolski and Yashin will make good linemates.

In fact ill say Wolski will make a better line combo with Peca and say Radulov will make a better line combo with Yashin instead of Wolski.
I disagree. I say that Wolski could be a good potential linemate because Yashin could use somebody who goes to the net and sets screens for his nasty wrist shot. Wolski does that.

gongshow

Jun 9, 2004
etown
the oil are interested in radulov but with the fee that is know being put on russians coming to north america the oil will probley opt for picard who will be able at 14 and for there 2nd 1 round pick they are lookin for a goaltender of the future

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
I did pick the Oil to take Picard, I disagree on them picking a goalie, they just signed JDD and have 2 fairly youngs already. I'd expect them to take Bolland if still available, if he's gone and IMO he will be they'll take a dman.

munkeyman70

Sep 4, 2003
Dallas
I dont think Dallas will draft a winger w/ their 1st pick as that is thier deepest postion. With Green and Fransson still on the board I would think they would go that way instead.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
jas said:
Not really. Lisin doesn't fit in with the type of player the rangers are targetting these days. With both O'Neill and Lyamin available at #24, I'd be surprised is the Rangers didn't take one of them. The Rangers have been looking for big, physical players who skate fairly well, and who compete on a regular basis. Lisin seems to fit only one part of that criteria.

O'Neill, a good skater? On which planet?

Safir*

Green to Ottawa! Ough I like that. :yo:

Don Waddell's picking pattern (recently stated in a HF interview.):

D-man vs. Winger: D-man
D-man vs. Center: Could go either way and depends on the quality/ upside of the prospect e.g. Meszaros vs. Schremp
Center vs. Winger: Center all the way. :yo:

I think and hope that the Thrashers will not pick a goalie in the first round.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Captain Conservative said:
O'Neill, a good skater? On which planet?

My point was that Lisin doesn't fit into the criteria. My claim wasn't that O'Neill was a good skater. The Rangers have to have seen O'Neill, since one of their prospects, Mike Walsh, also plays for ND. O'Neill could be a Ranger-type of pick, since he sounds comparable to another Ranger d-man propsect, Jake Taylor.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
jas said:
My point was that Lisin doesn't fit into the criteria. My claim wasn't that O'Neill was a good skater. The Rangers have to have seen O'Neill, since one of their prospects, Mike Walsh, also plays for ND. O'Neill could be a Ranger-type of pick, since he sounds comparable to another Ranger d-man propsect, Jake Taylor.

Lisin can learn to be physical, he's a big kid(6-2, 190) and is widely considered to be the best skater in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad