Finalized Ratings coming soon...

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Why have the per player limit? If you feel that one player was completely mised, why shouldn't you be allowed to challenge 3 or 4 ratings on that one player? Why is it easier to believe that IT can be wrong on one player, DF on another, ST on a third, and SP on a fourth then to think that one player was screwed up on all four?

HFNHL Red Wings

For what its worth, I say lets get the season rolling without reviews. There's a lot of players and you're going to have some disagreements on ratings. I know I do for my team but I'm sure everyone does.

As I'm not part of the admin team I would suggest a quick poll and let the democratic system take course. There will still be GM's who are not fully satisfied but at least everyone will know they had a voice.

Suggest poll:

1. Season begins with current ratings.
2. Season begins after rating challenges as previous years.
3. Season begins with rating challenges and counters.

PS If the season starts within the next couple of weeks, I'll be travelling in Europe so my participation level starting this Friday will be pretty low.

Good luck to all and let's see what all those trades and draft picks result in.

I agree. Run that poll Claudio.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Wade Redden

I am just wondering on Wade Redden DF rating of 72. I thought he would be much higher than 72 as I see many mediocre defenceman with better rating. Is this something that was missed or has Redden slowed down considerably that he doesn't qualify for better DF rating.

I'd much rather just put my hand up and say i'll do re-rates for the west. if someone can spare some time, they can help me too. All we need is a volunteer for the east and we can start straight away. I'd much rather do that than sit around for another week putting a poll together and getting a 50% reponse rate at the end of it anyway. Just start the ratings challenges (Matt....your the commish. your call on how many challenges...I'm happy to go as high as 7 despite the increased workload but 5 might be smarter) and we give people 1 week to get them in. that wasy the season starts in about two weeks. everybody is happy and people get their re-rates.

Lets face it. if we do a poll now and wait for a big enough response, it will be the same time before the season starts even if we agree to NOT do challenges. if we are going to do them, its just more delays.

Just my 2 cents...

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I'd much rather just put my hand up and say i'll do re-rates for the west. if someone can spare some time, they can help me too. All we need is a volunteer for the east and we can start straight away. I'd much rather do that than sit around for another week putting a poll together and getting a 50% reponse rate at the end of it anyway. Just start the ratings challenges (Matt....your the commish. your call on how many challenges...I'm happy to go as high as 7 despite the increased workload but 5 might be smarter) and we give people 1 week to get them in. that wasy the season starts in about two weeks. everybody is happy and people get their re-rates.

Lets face it. if we do a poll now and wait for a big enough response, it will be the same time before the season starts even if we agree to NOT do challenges. if we are going to do them, its just more delays.

Just my 2 cents...

Well we've already got the poll, as created by the Commish http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=433682

So far, it looks like perhaps we can just go forward with the 4 challenges with a max of 4 players, that way you can challenge 4 ratings on one player, or 4 seperate ratings on 4 seperate players.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site

Just my 2 cents...

I can volunteer to do them for the east. And I'm also ok to do atleast 7 challenges per team.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I'd also want to volunteer to do the ratings for the league for the 08-09 season.
My plan would be to base them on the 06-07 ratings (as I guess most GM's were ok with them at the time) and adjust them to how the players have done since. I think I could have the ratings done well before the draft and free agency next summer, so we'd be in time to start next season at the same time as the NHL does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad