HF Habs: Final Team Board Draft Poll - Pick #3

Pick #3

• Total voters

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Their Euro scouting department either needs more resources or some changes, as we've been burned these last few years - with only Lehkonen to show for.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
I'm sorry that I don't know much about Kotkaniemi...? He had a decent season as you said but he didn't stand out to me in the games I saw him play internationally. I haven't seen highlights of him in the Liiga. I wouldn't pick someone I don't know which is why I didn't say his name. We need a good puck moving defenseman too which is why I like Dobson too

Every time I go watch Zadina’s highlights on YouTube (I know it doesn’t show the whole picture) I get excited that we might pick him. What a release, what a scorer. He is a human highlight reel.

Reactions: Habsddicted

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I would be happy with either Wahlstrom, Boqvist or Zadina at 3. I have not seen much of Kotkaniemi but the last tournament looked very impressive.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
My pick is Zadina. He'd be our best sniper since...I don’t know...Stephane Richer? I won’t be upset if they take Dobson either.

Reactions: Runner77

Jul 6, 2016
I asked edmonton fans about a pacioretty for 10th pick and no one liked it. they don't want a guy who is almost washed up when they can get a young prospect with that pick

Patches has way more gas left in the tank than a guy like Lucic. Patches, with the right centerman, can still score 35-40 goals EASILY !... Of course, if you asked Edmonton's fans, it's normal they (or some few) answered that to you.

Right now, patches is perceived like Kessell when he was still with the Leafs. We all know how instrumental to their Championship, and good was Kessell the last three seasons with the Pens, right ?

Last edited:

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
t
He's an average skater (no better than Kotkaniemi), and he's not one to drive the play. I don't see elite winger potential, I just see a prospect who is older and more polished than the competition, so he'll get picked higher just because he's the better player now. I think at the next level he'll be a passenger.

Just watching him play, he's one of those players who is a ghost until you see them in prime scoring position with the puck on his stick, sniping. The issue is if he's not scoring, he's not of much use. Nothing aside from his shot is "outstanding".

Reactions: Gally11

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Wahlstrom's more like a bigger more physical Nylander. He doesn't handle the puck like a grenade and can actually pass, unlike Pacioretty.
Seriously, he's got some of the best puck skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->