Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Well, she's all closed down, and here's how it shook out:

Everybody hates Gary & Bob

Everyone seems to hate Brett Hull

And lo and behold, not everyone's too fussy on that adorable little Mike Comrie..

I had expected Modano to be less popular, but I suppose some voters have a soft spot for his fantastic giant poodle Anastasia...

Inactive

Jul 27, 2002
I think someone who could have been in the polls is Kelly Hrudey. Everyone in my neck of the woods hates him- and im sure alot of other people do as well.

Tucker316*

oops. Wrong thread. But I also dont see the point of a guy like Roenick being on this list, seeing as how he genuinely promotes the game whenever he can. Plus he's an interesting character.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Tucker316 said:
oops. Wrong thread. But I also dont see the point of a guy like Roenick being on this list, seeing as how he genuinely promotes the game whenever he can. Plus he's an interesting character.

The point was an awful lot of people think he is a genuine horse's ass. That doesn't mean you can't like him. Everyone gets an opinion here. ;)

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
What is everyones problem w/ ulf... I'm just wondering. And can some one tell me what he did to end Neely's career? I'm not exactly a long time hockey watcher.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Rancid said:
What is everyones problem w/ ulf... I'm just wondering. And can some one tell me what he did to end Neely's career? I'm not exactly a long time hockey watcher.

Ulf was the master of knee on knee, he hit Neely low and essentially began the end of the Caminator's career..

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
Bring Back Bucky said:
Ulf was the master of knee on knee, he hit Neely low and essentially began the end of the Caminator's career..

but what was wrong with his personality? if his on ice stuff was dirty... i understand but this poll is asking for personalitys that you don't like. Unless theres something I don't know about his personality..... :dunno:

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Rancid said:
but what was wrong with his personality? if his on ice stuff was dirty... i understand but this poll is asking for personalitys that you don't like. Unless theres something I don't know about his personality..... :dunno:

I used the term "Personalities" as in "Characters" or people associated with hockey. I couldn''t say player since i included Bettman et. al. I don't know what most of these people are like away from the game of hockey, they made it to the poll because I thought they might be considered notorious amongst fans for either on ice actions or silliness away from the game. Ulfie could be kind, loving and sing beautiful folk music to the elderly for all I know...

Thresher

Jun 30, 2004
HECK
I'll echo the "Why Reech?" sentiment

He was (& still is) a fan fave in SJ...a fan friendly, sweet, brilliant man (who's last news worthy act was asking Pat Tillman's parents for permission to wear #40 in Phoenix, to honor their son)...I find it odd that he would be placed amongst the likes of Hull & Comrie in a poll of least liked NHL personalities AND get 5 votes

:dunno:

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Thresher said:
I'll echo the "Why Reech?" sentiment

He was (& still is) a fan fave in SJ...a fan friendly, sweet, brilliant man (who's last news worthy act was asking Pat Tillman's parents for permission to wear #40 in Phoenix, to honor their son)...I find it odd that he would be placed amongst the likes of Hull & Comrie in a poll of least liked NHL personalities AND get 5 votes

:dunno:

I read about that gesture- a fine tribute. Guys, this poll was for fun, to see who irritated who. It wasn't a poll to decide whose house to egg and toilet paper or anything. Ricci, with that silly mop of hair, was just someone who popped into my head when I had fifteen slots to fill. I hate Mike Modano's guts, can't stand the sight of him. He may, however volunteer 70 hours a week at a children's burn unit for all I know , so when I say I "hate" him, it's just that I get riled up by my PERSONAL VIEW OF HIM from my perspective as an Oilers fan. I saw Ricci play for the Nordiques in a neutral site game or an exhibition game (can't remember which) and he yapped like a baby poodle so you could hear him all through the rink. Ever since then, as i watched his hair grow, I thought that he looked like a real donkey, and apparently a few others thought so, too. But don't worry, we aren't sending him hate mail or anything.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad