FINAL RESULTS: Clutch Scorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
This weekend's hockey history poll asks you to reach deep inside and answer the following. It's game 7 with the cup on the line, and your man just got the puck 25 feet out and is ready to fire. With everything on the line, who do you want pulling the trigger. Let's have your write-ins, too!!!

Last edited:

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
My baised opinion would be Messier. Eastern Conference finals, facing elimination, going into the third down by one. Messier scores a hat trick and the Rangers survive and eventually win the Stanley Cup.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
NYRangers said:
My baised opinion would be Messier. Eastern Conference finals, facing elimination, going into the third down by one. Messier scores a hat trick and the Rangers survive and eventually win the Stanley Cup.

Yeah, the Moose wasn't too shabby in his day, was he???

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Habsfan 32 said:
I took Lafleur too but when I saw this I imediatly tought of Rocket Richard

There were a few other guys like richard I considered, like henderson, mel hill, bobby hull, etc, but went with guys I figured more of us would have seen. Lots of reverence due to Richard - beat leafs 5-1, scored a winner with an obvious concussion, every young fan should read the legend. :handclap:

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
If he had a chance to one time it - Hull
If he had aclear chance for a snapshot - Sakic
If he was on his off wing and could skate in - Messier

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
When I think clutch (meaning better than he usually is, not neccessarily better overall), I think Claude Lemieux.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Keetz said:
what about Steve Thomas?
I was thinking of him but some of these other players have bigger play-off goals. So that bumps them up ahead IMO. To me its between Bossy and Lemieux. I think that they were the best goal scorers ever and giving them a chance to shoot you wouldn't think that the goalie had a chance. With the way that Triple B has set this up I would have to go with Bossy. Maybe the best pure shooter ever. Best Clutch Player: Lemieux Best Clutch Goal Scorer: Bossy

acr*

Well, he never really got the chance to show it off due to injury, but out of everyone I've ever watched play, the only guy I want to touch the puck down by a goal with 30 seconds left is Cam Neely

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
I want to be the first Leafs fan to say it:

Mats Sundin was the leagues best clutch player last season.

Now that it's out of my system...I don't honestly know who I'd decide I wanted taking the shot...it's tough to argue with any of those players.

KariyaIsGod*

Wayne Gretzky in his prime.

The most accurate slapshot around.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Well, since Mike Bossy scored two Cup winners in 4 years, I voted for him.

It would depend on the situation. If the there was time to skate and make a move, Glenn Anderson. If it was just drifting out to the player, Bossy. If it was in a crowd, Bossy. And if it was nearly any other situation, Gretzky, because either he or one of his teammates would get the goal in a head-spinning manner.

acr*

GregStack said:
I want to be the first Leafs fan to say it:

Mats Sundin was the leagues best clutch player last season.

Now that it's out of my system...I don't honestly know who I'd decide I wanted taking the shot...it's tough to argue with any of those players.

Sundin is a great player, but I'd call him too emotional to be really clutch. I remember two years ago when the Leafs were getting eliminated from the playoffs with the clock winding down, and Sundin was throwing punches at a bunch of Flyers

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i moved to CO 7 years ago from CT where i watched him for quebec - and i have to say sakic. he always makes the right decisions, despite the presence of forsberg joe always scored the big goal. hes a pure shooter from all distances, a great playmaker, always in the right place at the right time, and clutch in the playoffs. they are all great choices but i gotta vote for joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->