Olympics: Final qualification - 26 to 29 August 2021

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Great personal story there, bud.

You are unable to string together a single coherent line of thought.

Nearly all the Polish players are worse than the ones on Latvia B. What are your counter-arguments, aside from the fact that you might have the chance to introduce some good genes in your family tree for the first time since you crawled down from the trees?

I actually doubt latvia b is better than poland a.

best possible polish team is actually quite good, and keep in mind that many poles could play in better league but chooses to stay at home becuse the money is decent.

Alex Szczechura - Alan Lyszarzcyk - Aron Chmielewski
Krystian Dziubinski - Grzegorz Pasiut - Damian Kapica
Patryk Wronka - Filip Komorski - Marcin Kolusz
Maciej Urbanowicz - Radoslaw Sawicki - Pawel Zygmunt

Pawel Dronia - Bartlomiej Pociecha
Mateusz Rompkowski - Maciej Kruczek
Mateusz Bryk - Bartlomiej Bychawski

John Murray
Przemyslaw Odrobny

(if alex brother gets polish pass then he is a lock)

Reactions: stastny12

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Poland is just not getting the credit they deserve.
Would Latvia B look better than them on paper? Yes.
Would Latvia B beat them? I wouldn't bet on it.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Alex Szczechura - Alan Lyszarzcyk - Aron Chmielewski
Krystian Dziubinski - Grzegorz Pasiut - Damian Kapica
Patryk Wronka - Filip Komorski - Marcin Kolusz
Maciej Urbanowicz - Radoslaw Sawicki - Pawel Zygmunt
Cichy, Pas, Mroczkowski.. Despite his high profile back from CHL days Lyszczarczyk is their 3rd line center, with Cichy make it 4th line. Playing someone like Chmielewski with him is a waste. Zygmunt is also their 2nd best forward (at least offensively) at this point, not a mere 4th liner. Him and Chmielewski are just too similarly one-dimensional to play on the same line so Poles will probably keep them apart forever.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Poland is just not getting the credit they deserve.
Would Latvia B look better than them on paper? Yes.
Would Latvia B beat them? I wouldn't bet on it.
So basically what you're saying is that you're holding onto an unfalsifiable, unprovable point of view, which is not based on facts or any kind of logic or methodical thinking.

Well, good for you. Such an opinion is entirely meaningless, though.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
So basically what you're saying is that you're holding onto an unfalsifiable, unprovable point of view, which is not based on facts or any kind of logic or methodical thinking.

Well, good for you. Such an opinion is entirely meaningless, though.
You probably haven't seen a game of that Polish team and just keep sticking to how they look on paper and what leagues they play in. But they really aren't that bad as a team. Im just reacting to you acting like you are sure that Latvia B would wipe the floor with Poland. I doubt it and it's disrespectful

Reactions: stastny12

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
You probably haven't seen a game of that Polish team and just keep sticking to how they look on paper and what leagues they play in. But they really aren't that bad as a team. Im just reacting to you acting like you are sure that Latvia B would wipe the floor with Poland. I doubt it and it's disrespectful
I have seen plenty of DivIA, DivIB games.

It's disrespectful to claim that we wouldn't be the clear, distinct favorites in that match--up.

It's based on nothing but your bias and love of Poland, and lack of really any knowledge about Latvian hockey.

It is completely nonsensical to say thay we somehow wouldn't be the favorites. This is so obvious that it is not even arguable. There are literally dozens of Latvian players with games in the Polish, Belarusian or Czech leagues, which overlap with the leading Polish players.

You can compare their production rates 1:1.

People with >1 PPG in Belarus or Poland wouldn't make the B team. Players with 0.80-1 PPG are the leading players for Poland.

Our leading players have NHL experience. I'm talking about the B team here. We have players from Cze-1, AHL, KHL. Just being in Cze-1 grants you a leading role for Poland A even though you're not able to rack up any points there.

The difference is so obvious that you have to be grossly incompetent to claim otherwise.

So your knee-jerk assumption is really what's disrespectful, dude.

The Polish 1st goalie has a career 0.895 SVS% in ECHL.

Our B team's 1st and 2nd goalie are NLA 0.91 SVS% and AHL goalies.

Seriously, dude, get a grip. And just because Poland A isn't that bad, it doesn't in any way imply Latvia B isn't distinctly better. You're not getting it.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm used to reading about how Canada D would beat Swedish B or whatever the arguments are.

This is my first Latvia B would beat Polish A argument.

Reactions: kudla

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I have seen plenty of DivIA, DivIB games.

It's disrespectful to claim that we wouldn't be the clear, distinct favorites in that match--up.

It's based on nothing but your bias and love of Poland, and lack of really any knowledge about Latvian hockey.

It is completely nonsensical to say thay we somehow wouldn't be the favorites. This is so obvious that it is not even arguable. There are literally dozens of Latvian players with games in the Polish, Belarusian or Czech leagues, which overlap with the leading Polish players.

You can compare their production rates 1:1.

People with >1 PPG in Belarus or Poland wouldn't make the B team. Players with 0.80-1 PPG are the leading players for Poland.

Our leading players have NHL experience. I'm talking about the B team here. We have players from Cze-1, AHL, KHL. Just being in Cze-1 grants you a leading role for Poland A even though you're not able to rack up any points there.

The difference is so obvious that you have to be grossly incompetent to claim otherwise.

So your knee-jerk assumption is really what's disrespectful, dude.

The Polish 1st goalie has a career 0.895 SVS% in ECHL.

Our B team's 1st and 2nd goalie are NLA 0.91 SVS% and AHL goalies.

Seriously, dude, get a grip. And just because Poland A isn't that bad, it doesn't in any way imply Latvia B isn't distinctly better. You're not getting it.

so what would a latvia-b look like? it would be made of razgals, gegerins, meija, krastenbergs and that type of players. correct me if i am wrong. you are telling me for real that those players are better than anything poland have to offer? polish league is very underated.

Cichy, Pas, Mroczkowski.. Despite his high profile back from CHL days Lyszczarczyk is their 3rd line center, with Cichy make it 4th line. Playing someone like Chmielewski with him is a waste. Zygmunt is also their 2nd best forward (at least offensively) at this point, not a mere 4th liner. Him and Chmielewski are just too similarly one-dimensional to play on the same line so Poles will probably keep them apart forever.

Oliwa, plachta, Czerkawski, Tkacz, Schubert, Borzecki, Pysz...poland had so many great players in the past.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
so what would a latvia-b look like? it would be made of razgals, gegerins, meija, krastenbergs and that type of players. correct me if i am wrong. you are telling me for real that those players are better than anything poland have to offer? polish league is very underated.

Oliwa, plachta, Czerkawski, Tkacz, Schubert, Borzecki, Pysz...poland had so many great players in the past.
I already posted one roster 3 pages ago. It would consist of players like Tralmaks, Egle, Karsums, Jevpalovs, Smirnovs, Redlihs, Svanenbergs, Kulda, Bartulis, Cukste, Bindulis, Zile, Punnenovs, Silovs.

The Polish league can be compared and analyzed by using production rates of players with both Polish and other league experience. And from those production rates we can deduce that the Polish league is pretty bad. It's only underrated or overrated if you haven't actually rated it. I have rated it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad