Final Matthole'in Mock Draft

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Please keep in regard this will be one of the busiest Draft every due to the Expansion and Vegas so there will be many more moves Picks.

Here it is...

Team -- # ------- Player: ---------- Reason:

:devils 1. Nolan Patrick - C : He's got the best IQ in this Draft and can be a Franchise Player if he progresses properly, and New Jersey needs a face to start their Franchise.

:flyers 2. Nico Hischier - C : Obviously, he in in my mind is the best player in this draft, he's got Elite hands, quickness and smarts and will be Elite right of the hop.

:stars 3. Miro Heiskanen - LD : Best Overall Defenseman in the draft, he has smooth skating and does well in all categories as a defender.

:avs 4. Gabe Vilardi - C : He doesn't have the upside that Patrick has as a Offensive force and isn't as solid Defensively either but in no way is that saying he's not great because he's what any team is and would be looking for in a 200 Foot Top 6 Center.

:nucks 5. Cale Makar - RD : He might not be the best but he's got arguably the best upside in the draft and is the best offensive force as a defender who has allot of speed and explosiveness garnered by a wicked shot as well.

:vegas 6. Cody Glass - C/RW : This guy is sold everywhere and has the potential to be Elite if given the time and patience and the Golden Knights have deep connections to Winnipeg(the GM scouted him as a very young kid).

:coyotes 7. Casey Mittelstadt - C/W : This guy is all about the upside and might have one of the highest ones in the draft, he's got all the tools accept athleticism but the real question is how has done so well with lacking that and how well will he do if he gets it, not to mention Coyotes at the moment are all about upside.

:sabres 8. Owen Tippett - RW : Give Eichel a great shot and this is it.

:wings 9. Elias Petterson - C/W : Wings need a Center and a Defenseman but the talent for defence isn't there so they pick the best player who can possible play in the middle.

:panthers 10. Eeli Tolvanen - W : Just as I said for Eichel and the Sabres I will say for Barkov and the Panthers, you give Barkov the best Shot in this draft and they will rack points up like you won't believe, plus he's Finnish and that might add some crisp to the pick.

:kings2 11. Nick Suzuki - C/W : The Kings need an Offensive force and this is the best option for them where they are in the Draft.

:canes 12. Martin Necas - C : BCA, Best Center Available and could easily be a Top 6 in th w next couple seasons.

:vegas 13. Timothy Liljegren - RD : Ohhhh... Vegas would be licking they're fingers for this one because he could be a Franchise Defender in the making with his abilities if he really works and becomes the player we thought he could be a season ago.

:bolts 14. Callan Foote - RD : Lightning need Defensemen and this guy could be a sold Top Pairing guy in the future beside Herman.

:vegas 15. Juuso Valimaki - LD : Vegas take the BPA and someone who could work beside Liljegren in the future and work wonders with that being said.

:flames 16. Erik Brannstrom - LD : Flames need LD and he's the best available for that spot and has so many tools in his shed it's not even funny.

:leafs 17. Kailer Yamamoto - C/W : This guy is arguably the best Offensively gifted player in the Draft and reminds me allot of Marner(a little fast but shorter none the less), Toronto would absolutely LOVE this kid and he could potentially help Toronto rearrange they're Top 6 and First Line.

:bruins 18. Ryan Phoeling - C/W : Bruins take the safe route with the BPA who happens to be a Center a team need.

:sharks 19. Lias Andersson - LW : Sharks pick up the Best player available with an absolute steal here and sharpen up they're front lines for the future.

:blues 20. Michael Rasmussen - C : Blues take the Best potential player available with allot of size and skill and fills a positional need as well.

:rangers 21. Urho Vakanainen - LD : Rangers fill a need with the best defender left on the board

:edmonton 22. Kristian Vesalainen - LW : McDavid doesn't need to many weapons but this similar to Toronto's mocked pick is very much for the same reason, this will help Edmonton if Draisaitl go's back to Center or even if he doesn't, just helps the situation.

:coyotes 23. Nick Hague - RD : Coyotes pick the best defender available in a huge 6'5" and high potential defenseman who could one day be a Top Pairing D-Man.

:jets 24. Jake Oettinger - G : Jets take the safe and the smart route, they pick the Best Goalie in the Draft for insurance that Hellebuyck or Comrie will one day become a great goalie, if not the Jets have another Elite Goalie Prospect who looks a lot like Price, and if all go's right in the future the Jets have a scary Goalie tandem behind a scary good team or have great trading pieces(Hellebuyck, Oettinger and Comrie).

:habs 25. Kim Kostin - RW : Habs pick up a Winger who can bring Offence beside Drouin one day and this is a heck of a steal if he plays to his potential.

:hawks 26. Josh Norris - C : Most athletic player in the draft hands down, and can potentially provide for Chicago one day.

:blues 27. Robert Thomas - C/W : Blues take a statistical point of view and pick another need at Center hoping if one doesn't work you have a sheet to fall on and if both work that it's a perfect situation.

:sens 28. Isaac Ratcliffe - LW : Sens pick up a great and towering Winger with loads of potential.

:stars 29. Shane Bowers - C/W : Dallas selects a solid hard working Forward who has potential and will likely one day play in the Top 9 amongst Forwards.

:nashville 30. Jason Robertson - W : Robertson has such a tool set and has so much talent he has one deficiency in skating, that if fixed might have boosted him through the rankings and if improved could make him Neal's future replacement.

:pens 31. Mike Dipeitro - G : This is a fun pick and the Pens get allot of attitude and presence with this one as Dipeitro is the second best Goalie in the draft and have the peices to pay the price for a Elite Level Goalie Prospect who could one day make the best Goalie tandem in the league with Murray, When One Door Closes Another Door Opens...

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Lightning don't really need defense, they have a good collection of prospects with Sergachev being elite, we need a high end forward more. The way the board falls is the worst possible for us as all the top forwards are gone, would trade back.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Lightning don't really need defense, they have a good collection of prospects with Sergachev being elite, we need a high end forward more. The way the board falls is the worst possible for us as all the top forwards are gone, would trade back.

I think you're going to find the real draft more enjoyable.

I can't see both Rasmussen and Liljegren falling out of the top-10, no matter how HFBoards posters feel about them, scouts and scouting services love them...it seems unlikely to assume NHL FOs don't feel the same. The upside is too great in Liljegren's case and Rasmussen's size/skating combination (He's not fast for a big man, he's fast at any size) alone gets him drafted higher than HF posters believe he'll go.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lots of better choices for the Sens than Ratcliffe imo

Jokiharju , PO Joseph, Bowers, Robertson, Comtois

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
If the Habs take a winger with Thomas/Chytil still on the board I'll need a barf bag

Ship It To Vegas

Apr 14, 2017
If Liljegren falls to 13 I'll be doing backflips. I think he is going to be the best defender in the draft in 2-4 years. I don't think he gets by Buffalo and Arizona though.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Huge no to a goalie for Pittsburgh. They used their second round pick on a goalie last season which was their first pick of the draft. Plus they have Jarry in the system as well.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If Liljegren falls to 13 I'll be doing backflips. I think he is going to be the best defender in the draft in 2-4 years. I don't think he gets by Buffalo and Arizona though.

what what is like to see that happen, then vegas pass on him twice?

leafs fans are doing backflips, not many thought he was gonna be there at 17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad