Final Fantasy XV - Part 2

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So just beat the game. Took me about 40 hours. I would rate it a 7.5 out of 10. I really liked the graphics and I thought the music was fantastic. Gameplay wasn't bad either. Didn't mind the teleporting and at some boss fights found myself spamming potions to live (if I didn't dodge well)

The bad parts though was definitely the Chapter 13, the rushing feeling one gets after the open world portion ends, and honestly the hazyness of the storyline. They didn't explain much and makes you guess why things are happening. Understood it better after reading some wiki things but they don't give it to you in the game.

I do find myself wanting to play the post game, but I feel no reason to do it. I know there are other bosses etc, but with the main storyline gone, doesn't feel like I am striving to do anything.

Oh well. Time for Horizon and then Horizon. I will probably test the coop portion if it ever releases.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Chapter 9-12...what a ****ing disaster.

Chapter 9: Altissia is big, beautiful...and absolutely empty. What genius was excited about reveleaing this, and how does a company get away with this? There are like 5 quests in the entire city and the arena is a joke. Leviathan fight, while pretty, was the worst in the game.

Chapter 10: The highlight of these 4 pathetic chapters is an ugly zone that takes 30 minutes to get through.

Chapter 11: Yes, I love when 1 chapter of a 15 chapter game takes me 8 minutes to complete. Good stuff Square Enix, love the ship fights where they explode in 15 seconds.

Chapter 12: let's take another city that we advertised as explorable and destroy it before you even get there.

Can't wait for the most infamous chapter of all, Chapter 13! Love that I know more about that little turd Talcott than I do about Cor, Luna and Gentiana combined, hats off to the writers.

Square Enix is without a doubt the worst video game company out there right now.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Chapter 9: Altissia is big, beautiful...and absolutely empty. What genius was excited about reveleaing this, and how does a company get away with this? There are like 5 quests in the entire city and the arena is a joke. Leviathan fight, while pretty, was the worst in the game.

Chapter 10: The highlight of these 4 pathetic chapters is an ugly zone that takes 30 minutes to get through.

Chapter 11: Yes, I love when 1 chapter of a 15 chapter game takes me 8 minutes to complete. Good stuff Square Enix, love the ship fights where they explode in 15 seconds.

Chapter 12: let's take another city that we advertised as explorable and destroy it before you even get there.

Can't wait for the most infamous chapter of all, Chapter 13! Love that I know more about that little turd Talcott than I do about Cor, Luna and Gentiana combined, hats off to the writers.

Square Enix is without a doubt the worst video game company out there right now.

There is the monster arena in Altissa.

But yeah. I agree. The story was weak in this game.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

I think you're spot on unfortunately, especially about Altissia. What a waste.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The decision of restricting most of the narrative to Noctis's point of view was a pretty big mistake, in hindsight. Resulted in several interesting and story-critical characters in the game never getting any exposition.

Square should take some hints moving forward from Nier when it comes to that sort of thing. There's no excuse for a game not to give the player a front row seat for things that Luna/Gentiana/Aranea are doing. By focusing everything on the road trip, they made the road trip worse.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Agreed on all of your points. I had read the second half was linear and "story-driven", but this is not what I was expecting. This is far worse than any linearity or story in FFXIII, it's brutal.

I think overall FFXV has been a good, not great experience. I bought this game in December and haven't even taken any major breaks from playing it, just going about it really slowly because it hasn't drawn me in. I do enjoy the combat and some of the open world mechanics in Lucis, like most people, but even those parts seems to have something missing.

I'm happy the game sold well, it seems like the development drama that was rumored was all true (this has to be the reason the second half is so pitiful), so glad they could still salvage something decent.

Now to wait another 3 years with no information on KH3 as the geniuses at SE roll out more BS handheld intermediary games.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I think you're spot on unfortunately, especially about Altissia. What a waste.

Altissa had the potential to be something special. Although the monster arena is cool and fun, it isn't one of those mini-games that is addicting. After 5-10 times, it gets boring. There isn't anything else in that city to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad