Recalled/Assigned: Filip Chytil to AHL

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It isn't about Chytil. It's about the Rangers winning. And if we have a better chance at winning without him, it is the right choice. I love the kid and he is a great prospect but going to HFD isn't hurting him. It gives us a chance to give him another shot later on. If we send him to CZ, that isn't happening.

Keeping him on the team gives us 2 options:

Either we scratch him (Daniel Sprong scenario) or we play him with the risk of drowning, not developing (Jesse Puljujarvi scenario).

Chytil at the moment simply isn't good enough

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The AHL is viewed as superior to the Extraliga and he gets adjusted to smaller ice and North America. No reason not to stay here unless he gets homesick and is not yet mature enough to be so far away from his family. That the Rangers are keeping him close is a sign that they view him as being very close to NHL ready.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This is ridiculous. Replacing a steady (albeit unexciting) 4th liner with an inexperienced rookie is the solution to our woes? How about our Top 9 start producing 5v5 first.....and our D getting their **** together? Why all this focus on Carey?

People are way too hung up on pre season performance. It's pre season for a reason. It's prospects and career AHL players trying to earn a roster spot.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I don't see what the two rookies in question did to NOT get a (real) shot in the regular season. Giving Chytil 7 minutes one game and 5 the next is asinine; if the leash was going to be THAT short, you shouldn't have had him break camp with the team in the first place. Play him a real shift (in the top 6, not the bottom 6 – move Grabner down to the 4th line to make room) for a couple of games.

As for Lettieri, I thought he outplayed Carey to begin with, and is certainly a better fit for the fourth line. Certainly, I don't see what a career AHL scorer has done to merit play on the fourth line over a rookie energy player.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Moves like this are annoying because it paints a picture that show Chytil as part of the problem for the 0-2 start, which we all know is BS. Does he get sent down if they went 2-0 or 1-1 or 1-0-1?

I'd give the kid one more chance to see how he responds.

Painting Chytil as part of the problem is much different than believing that in Chytils limited ice time they simply didn't think he could be part of the solution. I believe it is the latter and I also don't think it is totally unreasonable.

Reactions: Edge

Bring Back Avery

Dec 29, 2012
Catasauqua, PA
I like that they sent him to Hartford. Letting him get more ice time and getting it on the smaller ice surface. I'm not sure how much the difference in rink size really matters, but it's probably better to keep him playing on the smaller rinks now that he's used to it.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I think this is the best move for both him and the team. I do prefer him in Hartford than overseas.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It's important to remember that Chytil, for the most part, kind of came out of nowhere.

Three and a half months ago, there was a chance he could be a first round pick, but most people probably saw him as an early second round pick.

One month ago, people were fully expecting him to go back overseas and cook for a little longer.

Two weeks ago, people were pleasantly surprised by his preseason and the possibility of him making the team became very real.

This week, we're unsure where he's going to be this season.

Right now, I think the organization probably wants to get an extended look at him, because I don't think even they expected him to challenge at this point. This is a kid who many viewed as being a couple of years away, not a couple of months.

Clearly, all the ingredients are there for a very good NHL player. The question is whether those ingredients have come together enough to stick in the NHL after barely turning 18 years old.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Hartford->WJC->Czech if he shows he’s not ready for North America just yet?
Do u know what CHL owns his rights? If it's London by any chance or another contender, he should probably play there.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Yeah, it's North Bay and they're complete trash... North Bay is such a bad team that certain mid rounder Adam Thilander went undrafted... I don't want Chytil anywhere near the trainwreck that is North Bay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad