Fight of brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.

slovakDD

Feb 15, 2006
Bratislava or London
Well, it looks like big Czecho-slovak :eek: , brother killing :cry: game is coming up. Slovakia is so far playing its best ice hockey eve :yo: r, whereas Czechs was not showing its typical high level performance :dunno: . All my country is now expecting today game with big hope, strong faith and prayers :bow: . Everybody is hoping that hockey God is fair and will not let us lose. I am just really pissed of by the system of tournament. What do you say Suomi?
I want to ask you hockey fans of the world what kind of game and results are you expecting in game CZE vs SVK.

shawn_kemp*

I talked to my Dad (he's Czech) earlier tonight, and he thinks just like me that Slovakia won't overcome its complex of inferiority against the Czech Republic.

4-1 Czechs.

Personnally I'm cheering for Slovakia, because they deserve to win

yos

Feb 18, 2006
slovakia
svk - cze

shawn_kemp said:
I talked to my Dad (he's Czech) earlier tonight, and he thinks just like me that Slovakia won't overcome its complex of inferiority against the Czech Republic.

4-1 Czechs.

Personnally I'm cheering for Slovakia, because they deserve to win

all czechs thinks they play the easiest oponent in quaterfinal they always think this way about slovak hockey team
they are still probably thinking slovak team winning series is some sort of coincidence :shakehead
I am looking forward to see 100+% from my boys (slovaks)
I must admit I never saw such kind of determination in my team, these guys are full of skill, motivation and energy
bring those cocky czech, lets continue our rivality :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

lets hockey gods decide tommorow :bow:

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I say 4-2 Czechs. I like Slovakia much more, but I think Czechs are a tough opponent for them... I think they could beat Canada...

Can someone enlighten me - is there real hate between Czechs and Slovaks? If so, why? Is it more Serbia-Croatia, Russia-Ukraine or USA-Canada type of rivalry?

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
artilector said:
I say 4-2 Czechs. I like Slovakia much more, but I think Czechs are a tough opponent for them... I think they could beat Canada...

Can someone enlighten me - is there real hate between Czechs and Slovaks? If so, why? Is it more Serbia-Croatia, Russia-Ukraine or USA-Canada type of rivalry?
not at all. generally slovaks and czechs like each other. they are closer to each other than to any other nations! verbal fights are just between hockey fans. but it's ok with me.

go slovakia go :yo: :yo:

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
artilector said:

Slovaks drink wine and listen to Gypsy violin music.
Czechs drink beer and listen to brass bands.

:sarcasm:

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ray Ferraro was talking today like their is mch more dislike than most would think, especially from the Slovakians.

He said that while it was still Czechoslavakia there was a rule that no more than 4 Slovakians could play for the national team at a given time, even if many more deserved it.

JanJanJan

Feb 21, 2006
/

artilector said:

as far as the hockey rivalry goes, it's very specific and can't be compared to any of those above, if I was to choose one, it's probably closest to the rivalry between Canada and US, there's no big ideology conflict or anything, both countries are pretty similar and easy for one to understand another yet diametrically different at the same time, just like both languages, it's sort of weird, personally, as a Czech, I got along with many Slovaks exceptionally well and there was no positive/negative xenophobia in it, if you ask for the violent rivalry, look for Czech/German and Slovakian/Hungrian relationships, that's where it gets boiling at times

of course, I definitely believe we'll kick some slovakian butts tomorrow, go,czechs, go, tear'em apart and give them a lesson of how it should be played!

thebodyczech

Dec 5, 2005
I'm really torn here. I'd like one of the two to win gold, being a citizen of both countries. Either way, I'd be happy. Basically, I favor whoever would have the better chance of winning the tourney. If the Czechs wake up tomorrow, then more power to them. If the Slovaks continue to dominate, that's all right by me as well.

thebodyczech

Dec 5, 2005
artilector said:

I don't think it's a hatred--more of a rivarly. Don't think France and Germany, but, I suppose, more of France and Italy. That animosity, I would think, is due in part, at least, to both peoples being grouped together (Czechoslovakia) for nearly a century. That doesn't appear to be anything significant on the surface, but the two peoples, aside from their similar languages, are really not much alike.

thebodyczech

Dec 5, 2005
John Flyers Fan said:
Ray Ferraro was talking today like their is mch more dislike than most would think, especially from the Slovakians.

He said that while it was still Czechoslavakia there was a rule that no more than 4 Slovakians could play for the national team at a given time, even if many more deserved it.

Slovaks were about 1/3 of the Czechoslovak population and land, and thought that they (or "we", rather) weren't done justice by the Czechs throughout the "marriage" of the two prior to the Velvet Divorce of '93. If I'm not mistaken, the Slovaks wanted to have their own country since, well, nearly Day 1 of Czechoslovakia--even if the Czechs were the wealthier nation.

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
Should be a great game!

I wish these two teams weren't meeting in QF, because they are the two teams I'm rooting for most.

I think Slovakia has more pressure on them, since the Czechs have been in medal round many times.

They seem like pretty even (and similar) teams to me. The surprising edge for the Slovakians may be in goal, but the Czechs have looked very good lately.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
My friend wore her Satan jersey to our World Religion class. Priceless.

I think Slovakia will win, and wild partying will ensue

Bubba64

Aug 5, 2004
F-M
www.preds.wz.cz
Czechs will win. Why? Slovakia cant win in six games in row... in addition they have comlex again us, they are frustrated that Czechs were better and I hope they are still :yo:

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
thebodyczech said:
Basically, I favor whoever would have the better chance of winning the tourney.
Same here :handclap:

thebodyczech said:
I don't think it's a hatred--more of a rivarly. Don't think France and Germany, but, I suppose, more of France and Italy.
There is no hatred between France and Germany, rather to the contrary :shakehead

HK32LM

Feb 21, 2006
Vienna
Slovakia has a more mature team this year compered to last years when we used to lose matches to Czechs in a 6-1, 5-0... fashion playing just offense while Czechs were smartly waiting for our mistakes. I think the complex of "younger bro trying to outperform the older bro" is no longer here since we have beaten Czechs at 2003 WCH in a bronze medal match-up. But it will be a tough match, thats for sure, I see the chances 50-50. The goalies´ performace will be the key to victory, nothing new. I am afraid that in spite of Vokoun´s shaky performance in last matches, he will step on his head in this QF and he will be tough to beat. However if Budaj continues with his solid performance, there is nothing to be worried about.

I am looking forward the evening, I guess 80% of Slovak population will be watching. And, yes, during the match I will be sending provocative short messages to my Czech friends saying "YOU LOSERS" and I expect to receive the same from them. And in summer we will meet, talk about hockey and drink beer. This is a healthy rivalry.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
This will most likely be the game of the Tournament, I give the Edge to the Slovaks, based on round robin preformance. Not just the Slovaks wins, but the let down the Czechs had after losing Hasek.

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
thebodyczech said:
Slovaks were about 1/3 of the Czechoslovak population and land, and thought that they (or "we", rather) weren't done justice by the Czechs throughout the "marriage" of the two prior to the Velvet Divorce of '93. If I'm not mistaken, the Slovaks wanted to have their own country since, well, nearly Day 1 of Czechoslovakia--even if the Czechs were the wealthier nation.

as for as "Velvet Divorce of '93" goes. nobody asked neither slovaks nor czechs if they want to be together or separated. 2 *******s desided how it's gonna be. if they did ask most likely we would be stil together. this is a FACT!! :teach:
today i'm glad that we have our own hockey team though :bow:

go slovakia go :yo: :yo: :yo:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->