GDT: FIFA World Cup 2018

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I love playing soccer football , but watching it makes my eyes bleed

The only reason I ever watched the Univison channel was Soccer games. And yes, I only watched for the announcer to scream at the top of his lungs that a goal had been scored. Until that happened, it was usually painful to watch.

As I have gotten older I have come to appreciate it more, but it's still not something I find to be a good tv sport.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Argentina might have made the WC, but I think even Gulati/Klinsmann/Arena couldn't get in the way of a Messi like player easily doing the same for us, especially since CONMEBOL >>> CONCACAF

Even with Messi not doing well this WC, Argentina would somehow be even more shit tier than they are right now. Kinda unbelievable given all the other talent at their disposal.

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
Just beat Mexico and you advance, no... seriously... that's all it takes.

After seeing all the hate Durmaz got after the game (racism and death threats), I need to take back my earlier message, as it was written five minutes after the game, with a lot of emotions left from the game. I don't hate him, just was disappointed with his game last night.

Don't know how big chance Sweden has against Mexico, they have been better when they can defend and counter. Now they need to win and Mexico can play for a draw.

Also, how the f*** did the U.S not advance to the World Cup instead of Panama? God damn how bad they played today vs England.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
That has to be the least impressive hat trick in the history of the World Cup. Maybe in the history of the sport. Two penalties he didn’t draw and a shot from someone else that hit him in the leg when he wasn’t looking.

Goal scorers score goals.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
”Just beat the team that won against the world champions*”

*The world champions that destroyed you even though they were down to ten men.
Mexico could play Germany 9 more times in this tournament and they'd lose all 9, maybe 0-1-8. They caught Germany off guard and overconfident, and still had to get lucky as hell that Germany didn't break through. I actually have a good bit of confidence that Sweden can get a result against Mexico.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->