FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges; Sepp Blatter Quits

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Just the awarding of them. And the awarding of WC has been corrupting going back much further than 98.

Actually the 98 bribes are focusing on another bid, not France's.
Though, nobody with a decent IQ would think France didn't pay to get it (and maybe even to win it).

Last edited:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Actually the 98 bribes are focusing on another bid, not France's.
Though, nobody with a decent IQ would think France didn't pay to get it (and maybe even to win it).

Yeah I think by 1998 this had already been going on for a long time. And by then pretty much every country making a bid knew they would have to pay off somebody to get the WC no matter how good their bid was.

I think some hosts from the past would have won anyway if there hadn't been any bribery, but since there was almost certainly bribery, they paid people off as well.

FIFA is, and has been for a long time, one rotten construct.

The first World Cup I actually remember (a little) was Mexico '86 and I really don't think FIFA was "clean" back then.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
10559813_10153280913345709_4975179517610441734_n.jpg

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Bro, do you even soccer?

Since you glory hunt off of the European leagues, you should have a pretty good idea what he's talking about, as almost all of them would be significantly disrupted by a winter World Cup.

According to this article (in German) Blatter considers to go back on his resignation and stay on as FIFA president, because of the support from the federations of Africa and Asia.

http://www.sport1.de/internationale...-afrika-und-asien-fuer-fifa-boss-sepp-blatter

I wish he would. Anything to make the other federations finally get tired of FIFA and break away.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Since you glory hunt off of the European leagues, you should have a pretty good idea what he's talking about, as almost all of them would be significantly disrupted by a winter World Cup.
Are you posting drunk again? Re-read the conversation. He implied that all the leagues in the world follow the same schedule which is not true. You as a MLS fanboy of all people should understand that much.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Are you posting drunk again? Re-read the conversation. He implied that all the leagues in the world follow the same schedule which is not true. You as a MLS fanboy of all people should understand that much.

Yeah, only the most important leagues, which you follow because the others don't meet your lofty standards.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I thought Team America World Police were on the case? How could it be that Stepp Latter is wriggling away from their grasp, like everyone predicted he would?...

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Doesn't sound any different than what he said back then. He made it quite clear that he would stay in office until the election for his successor was done, so technically he hasn't quit so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad