FHL on the move

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Went to the St. Clair Shores Fighting Saints vs the Danbury Titans FHL game in St. Clair Shores today. Rink is more like a local rink than even a junior hockey one. Also, they're still working on their license so they couldn't sell beer yet. The sweaters the players wear are almost beer league standard. That being said, the hockey pretty darn good and we were entertained. The crowd was into it and the people working were very nice. I might wait until they sell beer but I'd go back and I'll check out the Winston-Salem Thunderbirds next year.

GFHL

Feb 25, 2015
FLINTown
Goalie fights is why we love the FHL, both the Prowlers Josselin St. Pierre and the Saints Jan Pechek recieved game ejections for settling their differences with their fists.:yo:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yeah, well....that's likely because it's a pathetic attempt at hockey.

Which is SOP for a league like the FHL.
If a pathetic attempt at hockey is actually entertaining while the "good stuff" is like watching paint dry I'll take the pathetic attempt thank you very much.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Yeah, well....that's likely because it's a pathetic attempt at hockey.

Which is SOP for a league like the FHL.

Interesting - so, which FHL team did you go to see and come up with his conclusion? I'm planning on going to another Fighting Saints game the next time I'm in the Detroit area at the end of the month.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Interesting - so, which FHL team did you go to see and come up with his conclusion? I'm planning on going to another Fighting Saints game the next time I'm in the Detroit area at the end of the month.

None, because A. I live a LONG way from any FHL team and B. even if I was able to do so, money for me is kinda tight. Priorities.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
None, because A. I live a LONG way from any FHL team and B. even if I was able to do so, money for me is kinda tight. Priorities.

I'm surprised, because you have such definitive opinions about the quality of play in a league you've never seen.

GFHL

Feb 25, 2015
FLINTown
Syracuse, NY - The Federal Hockey League (FHL) is pleased to announce a neutral site game on Sunday, March 12th, 2017 in Battle Creek, MI. The St. Clair Shores Fighting Saints will play home to the Berlin River Drivers at The Rink located at 75 Houston St in downtown Battle Creek. Warm up is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. with puck drop set for 5:00 p.m.

"Battle Creek and Western Michigan has always been on the radar for the Federal Hockey League" stated FHL Commissioner Don Kirnan. "We hope with great support of this game we can explore placing a franchise there in the near future."

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I wonder if something is brewing for the FHL in Kingsville, ON. The Fighting Saints and Danville played there last night, and this was just posted on the Kingsville Kings Tier II Junior A page:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink....147084879&id=1670962373132326&hc_location=ufi

Well Kingsville, you've done an amazing job welcoming the Saints as they played their first FHL game in the Castle!

We can't thank you, the fans, enough for being so supportive and showing the love you have for hometown hockey!

Thank you to everyone who was able to make this game happen:

The Town of Kingsville, Mayor NNelson Santos and Recreation Manager, MMaggie Durocher

You, the fans, for coming to support our affiliate professional team.

Our game day staff who went above and beyond; Kings President, TTom. Schinkelshoek Miss Kay, the Kings bench support staff, Erica, Hunter, the volunteers from the Windsor Lancers Women's team, the Fighting Saints support staff, players from the Seguin Huskies and Parry Sound Islanders, our national anthem singer, Janice DiLaudo, Roary, for always being a fan favourite, our multiple photographers, the Kingsville Timbits for putting on an awesome game at 1st intermission, Lally Southpoint Ford, Scotty's BBQ for the tailgate special and our game night sponsor, Fogz Logistics.

We couldn't have done it without all of you.

Hockey season is officially over for your Kings and the Fighting Saints.

We can't wait to see what's in store for the 2017/2018 season!

We see many surprises coming your way! Stay tuned to our Facebook page over the summer to see announcements of new and upcoming players and returnees!

Here's to the future of hockey in the best town, that has the best fans, Kingsville, Ontario!

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Why do you say that?

they said it themself that it wasn't a good year but it was the first and they hope to do better next year because they will be more prepared but if they don't I think they are just out. if they don't reach 1k attendance next year they would probably fold.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Lots of games in Kingsville. Testing the waters? Why keep the Saint Clair name if you aren't playing any games there?

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
If you check the schedule closely it does say "vs." for their "home" games and "at" for away games. The "home" games are at Gravenhurst, South River, Kingsville, and Temiscaming. They should be called the Ontario Saints.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I would love to have access to the full financials of the owners of each of the teams in this league.

Nothing about this ridiculous league makes sense from a financial angle. Unless I'm really missing something.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I love how Robbie Nichols is trying to sell this to the people of Elmira as like the equivalent to the old UHL. I know he's not a bad dude but like mentioned above how the ****ing hell is this league operating? Nobody can possibly be making money.

CMUBrent

Jan 23, 2007
Uhl > fhl

I love how Robbie Nichols is trying to sell this to the people of Elmira as like the equivalent to the old UHL. I know he's not a bad dude but like mentioned above how the ****ing hell is this league operating? Nobody can possibly be making money.

Robbie Nichols had a great run in the UHL, and was the coach for most of the Generals' glory days. I understand what he's trying to do, but I have watched both the UHL and FHL over the years. There is no comparison, IMO, to the talent levels of both leagues. The UHL was much better hockey than the FHL. And while the UHL did have it's issues off the ice (Columbus Stars folding at midseason, Saginaw's time in the league, Motor City's coach placing a bounty on a player's head, etc), the Feds make that league look like the NHL in terms of overall stability.

If Elmira does join the FHL, hopefully Barry Soskin isn't involved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->