Fellow USA fans...

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Hear me out fellow USA fans! Our team today played a heck of a game and only lost in the SO. Very exciting game and congrats to Canada! (Who I am rooting for now BTW). Just think of our future...Johnson (J), Johnson (E), Okposo, Mueller, Gerbe...our future is bright!

So, USA fans...LETS GO USA!!!

usa-flag.gif

Last edited:

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
I don't really respect this as a win. It should not have ended that way. Somewhere, Gary Bettman is creaming himself.

Obviously I'll take it because I love my country and its hockey players, but the US played a hell of a game today. It was one of the best WJ games I can remember. The US defense was outstanding, and Frazee was way better than anyone expected.

Good game today, American friends.

MentalPowerHouse

Oct 11, 2003
Yes well done USA, they played great. Made a great run, really impressive how they came together after the 2 losses to start the tournament.

DisplacedIslander

Wherever I May Roam
Jul 3, 2003
HF Purgatory
Visit site
One of the best WJC games I've ever seen. Pissed off to the hilt that it had to go to a shootout. It was evenly played through four periods, and then both goalies couldn't stop a bowling ball.

I like the product that the USA is putting out now. We're contenders on the world stage, and hopefully for a while to come.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
I hate a SO to decide a freaking playoff game but oh well, it's the rules.

Great game played by both teams, very exciting game. Toews is so clutch, unbelievable. Meuller and JJ were also very impressive in the shootout. I'm as big a Kane fan as the next person but I was a little disappointed in him, missing a great opportunity in the final minutes then missing 2 penalty shots.

I'm very proud of the way the team played though, coming that close to beating the top team in the tournament in their 4th game in 5 days.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Canada fan here. That's one of the best hockey games I've ever seen; I was literally on the edge of my seat for the entire contest. Much props to Team USA who played a fine game which could have went either way.

And the Johnsons acquitted themselves very well in the last few tilts. Kane, Okposo, Gerbe, and Mueller also all showed their tremendous promise out there.

:clap:

Souray44

Jan 26, 2004
Mtl
I hate a SO to decide a freaking playoff game but oh well, it's the rules.

Great game played by both teams, very exciting game. Toews is so clutch, unbelievable. Meuller and JJ were also very impressive in the shootout. I'm as big a Kane fan as the next person but I was a little disappointed in him, missing a great opportunity in the final minutes then missing 2 penalty shots.

I'm very proud of the way the team played though, coming that close to beating the top team in the tournament in their 4th game in 5 days.

I feel the same way about a shootout but obviously I am happy with the results today. I'd be not too happy to say the least had we lost because of it though. This game should have been OT all the way but i'll definately take the win, that was exciting.

time

Feb 26, 2005
I like the product that the USA is putting out now. We're contenders on the world stage, and hopefully for a while to come.

No doubt, eh? I'm really impressed by character of this squad. There are futue leaders in that room. These guys will be battling on the international stage for years to come.

I'm ecstatic that Canada won, but the US boys have won my respect.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think I'll be bitter about this game for a long, long time. All the momentum in the OT was ours. And then it goes to a stupid skills competition and we lose. Neither goalie could stop jack **** and the game was decided on something like that?

Awful way to end a game. Not speculating that we would've won in OT, but there would've been a much better game to be had.

Real shame.

Jazz

I'll be honest - seeing that the Americans were playing their 4th game in 4 days, and their 2nd within 24 hours, combined with Canada having a couple of days off, I was expecting a cake-walk (something like 5-2).

It was a gread effort by your guys, :clap: something the media there should be aware of (but that's another story...)

espo*

it ended up being a great game but i would'nt over-rate it as i thought the first two periods were rather sloppy with not the greatest flow,the 3rd and shoot-out did make up for it though.

Very even game that could have went either way.Both sides limited chances five on five very well.....there was'nt a lot of opportunities and when they did come both goalies were there with nice work.Canada had to start taking it to theU.S in the 3rd and they did while the U.S just had to get back their legs in the OT and press and they did....................... but Price was there.

Shoot-out?............lot's of drama but no way to end a game of that magnitude.i could have taken another 3 periods of what was hapening in OT personally,it's even more drama and fun that way.

it was a good game and i'd like to congratulate Team USA in proving the naysayers wrong and coming back to be a force to be reckoned with.A lot of people were falling off the bandwagon but they came together as a team and showed they were one of the top teams here.They just fell short today in a game that could have went either way.

For Canada: Pat on the back too!! Your offense is not the greatest but you still did a dandy defensive job and price was solid like all tournament,you also showed a lot of character coming out in the third and skating hard and fighting for that opportunity even when it looked like you were up against it for scoring goals,great character job by the boys today.You played them even and gave yourself an opportunity to win while taking away their chance to win.That's winners material and that's what i'm used to from you and what i've witnessed many times over the years.

And if you're listening Jonathan Toews............................you're as cold as ice big fella and i mean that as a compliment.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
At least, everyone agree that the game should never have ended that way.

fatsunny

Jan 22, 2005
It was good to see the US boys playing like a team. It went pretty much like I thought it would, except the end result. The SO doesn't bother me as much as it does most of the posters here. One on one, shooter against goalie, much like baseball in the 9th inning, one on one, pitcher and batter, score tied, 2 outs, full count, gotta get a run. pretty dramatic if you ask me. Situations like that just don't happen in sports, so enjoy the drama, good or bad.

Wow, I've never seen a SO like today in an event this big. Toews and Mueller were unreal with Toews getting the last great shot. If anybody deserved it, it is him. One of the most humble of great young players in the game today.

Congrats to both teams for a great show!

RhyZa

Jul 3, 2006
it ended up being a great game but i would'nt over-rate it as i thought the first two periods were rather sloppy with not the greatest flow,the 3rd and shoot-out did make up for it though

Very even game that could have went either way.Both sides limited chances five on five very well.....there was'nt a lot of opportunities
.and when they did come both goalies were there with nice work.Canada had to start taking it to theU.S in the 3rd and they did while the U.S just had to get back their legs in the OT and press and they did....................... but Price was there.

Shoot-out?............lot's of drama but no way to end a game of that magnitude.i could have taken another 3 periods of what was hapening in OT personally,it's even more drama and fun that way.

it was a good game and i'd like to congratulate Team USA in proving the naysayers wrong and coming back to be a force to be reckoned with.A lot of people were falling off the bandwagon but they came together as a team and showed they were one of the top teams here.They just fell short today in a game that could have went either way.

For Canada: Pat on the back too!! Your offense is not the greatest but you still did a dandy defensive job and price was solid like all tournament,you also showed a lot of character coming out in the third and skating hard and fighting for that opportunity even when it looked like you were up against it for scoring goals,great character job by the boys today.You played them even and gave yourself an opportunity to win while taking away their chance to win.That's winners material and that's what i'm used to from you and what i've witnessed many times over the years.

And if you're listening Jonathan Toews............................you're as cold as ice big fella and i mean that as a compliment.

:clap: great post

I agree with everything, especially the beginning.

bayrider

Jun 4, 2006
Montreal
I'm still confident that had this game continued like an NHL playoff game that the USA would eventually find a way to solve Price, who IMO, was the difference in today's game.

USA just played one heck of a game. They completely shut Canada down. I was very impressed.

espo*

I'm still confident that had this game continued like an NHL playoff game that the USA would eventually find a way to solve Price, who IMO, was the difference in today's game.

USA just played one heck of a game. They completely shut Canada down. I was very impressed.

nah,that game was just a typical hard fought could have went either way type of contest.Neither team got owned in the slightest at all.5 on 5 was even and both teams did'nt have a lot of great opportunites to score goals,the lions share of each teams quality chances came on the PP.

A more 50-50 contest you will not find and how it ended shows how true that is.

just a throw down could have gone either way type game.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
nah,that game was just a typical hard fought could have went either way type of contest.Neither team got owned in the slightest at all.5 on 5 was even and both teams did'nt have a lot of great opportunites to score goals,the lions share of each teams quality chances came on the PP.

A more 50-50 contest you will not find and how it ended shows how true that is.

just a throw down could have gone either way type game.

yup. you work for your break, Usa got theirs with the puck being deflected by staal (i think) and in the net.

Canada got theirs by working harder in the 3rd and clamping down on D and geting that point shot on the PP.

OT was only lopsided because of the PP, Afterwards it was pretty much Canada pressing, the game had to end, shoot out did just that, in the end the better did win, and that's all it really comes down to.

You could see this coming with the schedule, I had a feeling Canada would sleep walk through this and get burnt, but they woke up.

espo*

yup. you work for your break, Usa got theirs with the puck being deflected by staal (i think) and in the net.

Canada got theirs by working harder in the 3rd and clamping down on D and geting that point shot on the PP.

OT was only lopsided because of the PP, Afterwards it was pretty much Canada pressing, the game had to end, shoot out did just that, in the end the better did win, and that's all it really comes down to.

You could see this coming with the schedule, I had a feeling Canada would sleep walk through this and get burnt, but they woke up.

Totally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->