Feet pain when skating hard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildwilly

Jun 28, 2005
I get foot cramps also. I know what the problem is, it is with my feet. I do not have flat feet at all the problem is that I have a very long arch. So my arch doesnt get supposrted in skates that fit the length of my foot. I tried going a size up and wear the socks but my whole life I have gone sockless so I couldnt get comfortable in the skates. So I shelled out the extra dough and get mine professionally fitted now. It is well worth it when your on the ice 12-18 hours a week.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Get some arch support. Some skates have a built in Ortho insert. You may also be able to buy arch supporting inserts seperatly.

doom2

Feb 12, 2005
Kuopio
So yeah, I was just tightening my skates too much, it seems. For the past few days I've only barely touched the laces in the lower eyelets, and only tightened the top 3-2 eyelets. While lacing up it felt weird not tightening the laces at all, but when I tightened the top 3 eyelets it secured my foot in the boot just fine. And now the pain is gone, which is nice. And to think I couldn't figure this out on my own :) Thanks for all the help, guys

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
doom2 said:
So I bought some new Bauer skates after about 7-8 years of not skating or playing hockey, and I've been having a lot of fun, that's for sure.
What's bothering me is that I get pain in both of my feet when skating hard. The pain quickly fades away if I stop skating. I don't know what causes this, but it surely bugs me, when we're playing I have to stop quite often because the pain is just too much to bear. After 30sec-1min of standing still or skating slowly the pain goes away and I can go back into the game.
The skates fit my feet rather well. The pain is in the outer side of my feet, just a little behind my pinky toes, and it kinda feels like something is squeezing my feet so that it hurts. And I don't think it's that I have my skates laced up too tight, they're quite loose actually.
Any ideas what could be causing this, and how to get rid of it?

When I play, I avoid skating hard at all costs and my feet never hurt... that could be your problem!

:propeller

GWhale*

I can never find the perfect way to tie my skates. Usually its too tight, then I overcompensate and tie too loosely. I have gotten those painful foot cramps from time to time while skating. I have narrow feet, and got narrow skates, but I think next time I'm gonna look for a D width boot with more substantial padding on the inside. Actually I may just buy them soon, I'm sick of having heavier boots while guys in Vapors have such an easier time at practice when we do progressions..

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
falcor said:
~my missions were supposed to be bake skates, but the store didn't offer to bake them, and i didn't know how to do it. thanks! (do you take the blade or the insole out? or just put them in the oven as is?)

I am pretty sure you have to take you insoles out, well when I got my skates heated up the guy took out my insoles

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
falcor said:
i remember hearing someone talking about taking a bath w/their skates on, then leaving them on for a while. does this work like baking them?

~my missions were supposed to be bake skates, but the store didn't offer to bake them, and i didn't know how to do it. thanks! (do you take the blade or the insole out? or just put them in the oven as is?)
bake them in the oven... there's an FAQ on this on the internet somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad