Feelin' the Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yo Ed,

What the heck is going on with my beloved blues? I mean its bad enough the NHL version sucks as well as the AFL (Australian Football League) version. But I mean come on, there are the rolls royce of this damn league. The only Blues that are doing anything at the moment is one backed by a Russian Olygarck (sp?).

I know its not the H-A-T line's fault. All of them are going about a ppg. I have been disappointed about the backup they are getting. Samsonov has been a big disappointment. 11 pts in 34games. That is just plain disgusting. I would rather trade him to Carolina and see if I can get Lupul or Ovechkin or even Colorado or Nashville to try and get Crosby or Lethonen. Yzerman has been a bum all year. Walker done nothing. Defensively, as a team they have done ok. Both tenders are below 2 so you can't ask for more. So what is their problem? Why can't they string a few games together. They have lost their last three and 4-5-1 in the last 10. If they are not careful, they might miss the playoffs.

Bummed Out Blue (Bob)

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
If you have any answers, let me know, because I'm clearly doing more harm than good with my tinkering....

The H-A-T line should be better than a point per game line, as they are the highest rated line in the league, with the highest rated passing d-man in the league servicing them. I'm still waiting for that first 'HAT' trick. They are sort of the no hat line.

Samsanov accrued most of that poor performance in San Jose, but hasn't done anything in St. Louis either. Swapping him for McCauley is starting to feel like a mistake, even if it was more for next year. Either way, if the the H-A-T line is underperforming, I don't what to say about the 2nd line.

And the home performance is the real bewilderment. The Blues are 7-7-4 at home, and 12-6 on the road. Clearly the line matching going on at home is not working.

Anyways, I'm still not convinced I need to overhaul the team, but I am always open to discussing trade. I like all the trade I've made, but the team is clearly not the sum of its parts.

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Home Wins & The Blues

The home record thing is a weird one. I've tried to analyze this as I signed up for one of the endorsement deals that requires me to finish with a .500 record or better.

I've tried every which way with lineups but not much works.

Blues problems: Too many Terrel Owen types not enough team players. :) Kidding aside, the Blues have stumbled of late. I'm sure some of it has to do with all the injuries but they were flying high at the beginning of the year. Nick, when did you make the Alfie for Demitra trade? How's your record before and after? The reason I ask is because I'm interested to see how my team plays with Bertuzzi. So far I've had some mixed results. For example, Gagne hasn't scored as much with Bert in the lineup even though they play on different lines.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Claudio Mannarino said:
Nick, when did you make the Alfie for Demitra trade? How's your record before and after? The reason I ask is because I'm interested to see how my team plays with Bertuzzi. So far I've had some mixed results. For example, Gagne hasn't scored as much with Bert in the lineup even though they play on different lines.

Alfie has 19 goals and is a +18 in 31 games with St. Louis, so I can't blame him. But the trading of McCabe and Barnaby for Stuart and McCauley (which turned into Stuart and Samsanov) has certainly created a turn in the wrong direction. McCabe was only getting 2nd line minutes, so it can't be all on that deal, but no doubt it has set me back. It certainly seems to have done the opposite in Beantown. So much everyone claiming I robbed Kruegs.

And the injuries - which happened right after the trade - have certainly compounded things, but there were warning signs before the plague hit St. Louis. Now that the team is healthy, it will be interesting to see how the team does over the next 10 games. But suffice it to say, there are some anxious fans in the Show Me State.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
One thing I have noticed is that the sim seems very streaky. Early in the year, some of the projected top teams were stumbling, yet if you look at the playoff teams now (although not the order), the 16 that would get in are pretty much what you would expect.

Also, look at my team, came out of the gates on fire, couldn't win for about 2 weeks, and now I have won 4 straight. Sen's have pretty much been the same way, and the Jackets are now on fire after a horrible start.

I think you really have to give things time before making any judgements right now.

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Giving things time....

kasper11 said:
I think you really have to give things time before making any judgements right now.

I say $(R#W giving things time Nick, trade me Heatley....pssst...I'll give you my 1st round pick. :)

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Ohio Jones said:
If it makes you feel better, Nick, most teams play better on the road than at home in this sim. For whatever reason... :dunno:

Apparently the Sharks didnt get that memo about not playing well at home... 13-2-3 at home so far. Hopefully i didnt just jinx it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad