Feedback from Canada's U18 Camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

faucette78

Jan 6, 2005
I watched the first inter squad game last night and was impressed with Toews and Sheppard. They really dominated creating a lot chances off the cycle. Toews won almost every puck battle along the boards and took the puck to the neat. Jonathon Bernier looked good in the net. I am impressed with his positioning and quickness going from post to post.

I was thinking about the game last night, this was probably the first game they have played in a number of months so there was a little rust. It will be interesting to see the progression over the week.

faucette78

Jan 6, 2005
here are some of my thoughts about those guys - just to note that I have had very little viewing of these players before last night.

Hamil scored a real nice goal from the hight slot with a rocket shot. Was effective on the rush where he scored the goal but showed little in the corners. Perhaps his size is affecting him.

Ellington - was the most physical player on the ice with some crushing hits. His problem last night was that he took forever to make plays. at times I think the speed of the game was a little to fast for him.

Irving - looked sharp - positionally sounds but needs to control his rebounds a little better. Based on last nights play it will be a battle for the goalies. all looked really sharp.

I really did notice Calla.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Spotted as still here

Alzner, Bernier, Calla, Hamill, Maxwell, don't recognize many. Bartley also going home. Hockey Canada will announce at 1000 am est.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I assume Bernier will be the starter? Liked what I've seen from him at Lewiston. Also look forward to hearing what Sheppard does, looks like a strong team with some impressive forwards, how's the defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->