Fedotenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2002
Dat mitten
MOGiLNY said:
I know he was born in Ukraine, but can anyone tell me if he's ever played for Ukraine? Is he eligible to play for Russia?

If Zubrus plays for Russia I don't see why Fedotenko can't. Would he though? I can't say. And yes, he has played for Ukraine.

Last edited:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
If he has played for Ukraine he can't play for Russia in the World Cup, and can't play in all IIHF tournaments unless he meets the following conditions :

- he must be a Russian citizen

- he must have played 4 years in Russia (Superleague or other leagues)

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
ye, its too bad he cant play for RUSSIA...but what i want to say is that this guy has proven to be a SPECIAL player. when he started with PHILLY and wasnt scoring much, i told everyone that this player will be one SPECIAL player with a bit more experience. no one listened to me but i know great players when i see them. and no,this is not a one time thing, he will continue to be CLUTCH even if he never scores 30 or 40 goals in a season! his work ethic is top notch and he has the size and skill to be very CLUTCH for years to come! :yo:

Dec 27, 2002
Dat mitten
wilka91 said:
If he has played for Ukraine he can't play for Russia in the World Cup, and can't play in all IIHF tournaments unless he meets the following conditions :

You're a very patient person.

nordique

wilka91 said:

Are you sure? The World Cup isn't governed by IIHF rules, so why wouldn't he be able to play for Russia?

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
nordique said:
Are you sure? The World Cup isn't governed by IIHF rules, so why wouldn't he be able to play for Russia?

Because he's a former citizen of the Soviet Union and that he has already chosen to play for Ukraine, unlike Zubrus, who has never played for Lithuania.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
It's not about Fedotenko, but the same question.

Antropov is also Ukrainan and I know he played in Russia (but I don't know for how long). Doesen't matter now... I'm interested in your opinions about him in Russian team. I think he's a great center and could be very usefull to RUS team (if eligible). This season hasn't been perfect for him, but last season (especialy at the end and in the playoffs) he was scoring almost every game. When in shape he's a hell of a player. Maybe in couple of years, with Fedorov and Yashin gone, he could make the team (once again, if eligible). If not, I would like to see him play for Ukraine!

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
TORRUS said:

Antropov is also Ukrainan and I know he played in Russia (but I don't know for how long). Doesen't matter now... I'm interested in your opinions about him in Russian team. I think he's a great center and could be very usefull to RUS team (if eligible). This season hasn't been perfect for him, but last season (especialy at the end and in the playoffs) he was scoring almost every game. When in shape he's a hell of a player. Maybe in couple of years, with Fedorov and Yashin gone, he could make the team (once again, if eligible). If not, I would like to see him play for Ukraine!

FEDOTENKO is a LEFT WING! :teach: and you cant really compare him to fedorov or yashin cause those guys are playmakers. FEDOTENKO is becoming a great POWER FORWARD/CHECKER, probably the best to come out of UKRAINE...

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
TORRUS said:

Antropov was interviewed in a Russian paper in February, and they asked him whether he'd like to acquire the Russian citizenship. He said "NO". He's not Russian and he won't play for Russia!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
wilka91 said:
Antropov was interviewed in a Russian paper in February, and they asked him whether he'd like to acquire the Russian citizenship. He said "NO". He's not Russian and he won't play for Russia!

probably wouldn't make the team anyway!

Markov

Apr 16, 2004
Land of ice and snow
wilka91 said:

That's a good thing because we don't want him anyway. :p:

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
2forsbergaura1 said:
FEDOTENKO is a LEFT WING! :teach: and you cant really compare him to fedorov or yashin cause those guys are playmakers. FEDOTENKO is becoming a great POWER FORWARD/CHECKER, probably the best to come out of UKRAINE...

You didn't read well. I wasn't talking about Fedotenko!

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
TORRUS said:

I,m prety sure that Antropov is actually from Kazakstan and that he played for them in the WJC a few years back.

Im prety sure I remember him playing there cuz he was the best player on a team that couldn't even afford its own equipment. Lots of players were wearing 2 different skates and lots of other weird combinations. I heard that at the time there wasnt a sports store in the country where they could get ahold of any proper hockey equipment.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Zubrus, Kozlov, Suschinsky, Chubarov, and maybe Ovechkin.

Before everyone jumps on me for Ovechkin, don't forget that he is an 18 year old kid with no experience playing at a level THIS high.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Why?

That guy is completely useless, unless you are looking to fill up the GA column and the injury ward.

Antropov is a solid 2 way forward. Excellent at forechecking, a fixture on the Leafs' PK unit, extremely hard for opponents to stop, uses his huge size to his advantage and has good playmaking skills.

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
MOGiLNY said:
Antropov is a solid 2 way forward. Excellent at forechecking, a fixture on the Leafs' PK unit, extremely hard for opponents to stop, uses his huge size to his advantage and has good playmaking skills.

Solid? No!

Fixture on the PK unit? Did you watch the playoffs?

Uses size to his advantage? The guy is a stupid hockey player. He hits, gets a penalty followed by a seat on the bench. How could you want this guy on your team.

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad