TV: Fear The Walking Dead

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Pretty good season finale. I'd say my two complaints are that I hate those dream sequences, TWD never does them well, and that they killed Troy instead of Strand. Troy was a perfect character for this world and would have liked to see more. I think Strand's story has really surpassed it's usefulness.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
How did the daughter not die with the rest of the people in the bunker?
Not everyone died from the lack of oxygen. Some were just passed out and got munched on by people who had died, like what almost happened to her. Plot armor though.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Pretty good season finale. I'd say my two complaints are that I hate those dream sequences, TWD never does them well, and that they killed Troy instead of Strand. Troy was a perfect character for this world and would have liked to see more. I think Strand's story has really surpassed it's usefulness.

He served the purpose of moving on from the dam and bazaar area though. Should be interesting to see where they go next. Kind of like the fact that they are nomadic and not settlers like TWD

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He served the purpose of moving on from the dam and bazaar area though. Should be interesting to see where they go next. Kind of like the fact that they are nomadic and not settlers like TWD
I agree he served a purpose to the end of this season, I just felt it was time for him to go here. Troy was a perfect henchman for Madison and could have served to further explore her struggle with admitting that she's just like him.

Reactions: tacogeoff

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I agree he served a purpose to the end of this season, I just felt it was time for him to go here. Troy was a perfect henchman for Madison and could have served to further explore her struggle with admitting that she's just like him.

I liked troys character as well. It would of been nice to see him progress in the story more.

I had hope that the grave scenes were indicating Madison may bite it lol

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I watched part of the first season but that was about it. I do watch the walking dead, and with rumors of a cross over show, I was thinking about binging. Although this will obviously be a bias crowd, is it worth sitting down and watching a few episodes here and there? I honestly haven't heard many good things about the series.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I watched part of the first season but that was about it. I do watch the walking dead, and with rumors of a cross over show, I was thinking about binging. Although this will obviously be a bias crowd, is it worth sitting down and watching a few episodes here and there? I honestly haven't heard many good things about the series.
Skip season 2, watch season 3. Maybe watch the season 2 finale to get your bearings for where people end up, but that season is terrible and not worth watching. Not enough even happens in it to justify the time.

FTWD season 3 was easily better than TWD season 7. Not even close imo.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
thanks

twd season 7 was, IMO, the worst season so far. I don't mind slow episodes (loved season 2), just can't stand predictable monotonous episodes.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I enjoyed this season. Probably the best season out of the 3.

Madison (Kim Dickens) is still a terrible actor though. Her reaction of "emotion" when Nick was on the dam and said this was his suicide note...maybe it was suppose to be like that but it was awful.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I enjoyed this season. Probably the best season out of the 3.

Madison (Kim Dickens) is still a terrible actor though. Her reaction of "emotion" when Nick was on the dam and said this was his suicide note...maybe it was suppose to be like that but it was awful.
Madison has little to no empathy for others. We aren't likely to see any big emotions from her at all, except anger maybe. She is a lot like Troy really, which is why she killed him.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Madison has little to no empathy for others. We aren't likely to see any big emotions from her at all, except anger maybe. She is a lot like Troy really, which is why she killed him.

Yeah I know that's what Madison is like but I just thought this scene was particularly bad.

Around 1:10

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Season 3 was definitely best but the show still suffers from lack of likeable characters. I liked Taka and early Strand, as well as post-ranch Troy. Proctor John seems like a good villain as well. But Nick is too erratic and does dumb things all the time. Madison is a psychopath who the show keeps trying to posit as the protagonist. Alicia just isn't interesting. Daniel is just as much an antagonist.

The dream sequences are and were awful. Served no purpose.

One thing I didn't like was why John didn't shoot Nick after he blew the damn? He had no reason not to.

Last edited:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Season 3 was definitely best but the show still suffers from lack of likeable characters. I liked Taka and early Strand, as well as post-ranch Troy. Proctor John seems like a good villain as well. But Nick is too erratic and does dumb things all the time. Madison is a psychopath who the show keeps trying to posit as the protagonist. Alicia just isn't interesting. Daniel is just as much an antagonist.

The dream sequences are and were awful. Served no purpose.

One thing I didn't like was why John didn't shoot Nick after he blew the damn? He had no reason not to.

I like Taka quite a bit as a character. I dont like what they did to Nick this season at all. I really liked Nick in the first two season.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
+1 awesome points for the casting of proctor john, loved his character on deadwood.

Seems like the mission of Proctor John going to Texas would match up with Abraham from TWD's backstory.

In terms of likeable characters...this season Troy really grew on me and i thought he was great. I was pretty dissapointed that he bit it, especially how he did. I feel like they could have done a ton with his character.

Im over Strand.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Well that was poor. I don't understand how she still survives? The writers have written her as one of the most unlikable TV protagonists(?) of all time.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
just finished season 1, watching season 2... I think I must have fallen asleep or something -

who is little Tyrese and where did he come from? And how did he get the druggy kid? (I saw them in the 'compound' leaving, but I don't recall the intro of the guy, etc). probably around episode 5 of season 1.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
just finished season 1, watching season 2... I think I must have fallen asleep or something -

who is little Tyrese and where did he come from? And how did he get the druggy kid? (I saw them in the 'compound' leaving, but I don't recall the intro of the guy, etc). probably around episode 5 of season 1.
"Little Tyrese"? Do you mean Strand? Nick got arrested in the safe zone for being a junky and shipped to the holding area, where he met Strand in the same cell.

Reactions: jw2

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Well, didn't want to say "the black guy".

Ok, makes sense, I remember the doctor talking to him, then I must have blacked out, and then stand and the kid were talking in the holding area, The kid wanted to get people out, strand wasn't having it, then the dead busted in and they ran

Thanks.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Season 4 trailer. New cast members with Garret Dillahunt, Jenna Elfman, and Maggie Grace all joining, and Lennie James coming over from TWD. Those are some really solid cast additions, so if the writing is as sharp as it was in season 3, this could be pretty good again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->