Favourite Junior Player Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Who's yours, and by that I mean everyone who's ever played in the junior levels and dominated IN THE JUNIOR LEVELS (Yes that does include Gamache). My favourite junior player ever was Daniele Briere.

Jovo Cop

Luc Chabot ..he played for the Pembroke Lumber Kings back in the early 80s ..pure sniper .Never went anywhere but he was the Guy lafleur of the Pembroke Lumber Kings back in the day.He even wore #10 .

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
I went to see the Montreal Jr. canadiens nearly every Friday night in 69- 71. Gilbert Perreault was a treat to watch. Later, Denis Savard and Pat Lafontaine were great Jr's. Back in 69 and 70, they had a small center playing on the second line named Bobby Lalonde who was far and away my favorite. He made the NHL and spent a few good years in Vancouver, though he never became a star. I think the first live game I attended was a Jr. game at the Forum back when Yvan Cournoyer played. I remember that he, Jacques Lemaire and Andre Boudrias were the star players but I was 6 or 7 and can't say I remember much more than the hot dogs my Dad bought us.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Briere, Vincent Lecavalier (he was a man among boys), Pascal Morency (über-pest of the Q for three years), Jean-François Jacques (one of the heaviest hitters I've seen since following the league), Jody Shelley (one of the most entertaining fighter in the past ten years, with a good background story - the whole walk-on, to captain of junior team, to NHL regular).

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
In the early nineties Jocely Langlois was pretty fun to watch, I used to joke around with him in the Auditorium after games, of course I was only a damn stupid kid.

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Wendel Clark. Used to watch him play the Pats in Regina. Wasnt hard to spot him since he had the damn puck the whole time. Tremendous junior, too bad his team wasn't better.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Tricolore#20 said:
Norm Maracle.

I went to a couple of Blades playoff games in the early 1990s, and this guy was outstanding. Too bad he didn't pan out in the NHL.

I lived in Saskatoon from 1990-1994 and he was unbeleivable. He carried Saskatoon further than anyone would ever expect. I remember how they would play the CHEERS song and the whole crowd would yell NORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
1. Anthony Quessy
2. Pasqual Dupuis
3. Radim Vrbata
4. Marc-André Bergeron

Ok OK i'm a Cataractes Fan :)

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
I have a few that were my favourites to watch.....

A bunch when I was very little and went to Kitchener games (Bill Barber, Walter Tzachuk)

Al MacInnes (Kitchener Rangers) - had an incredible slapshot even back then

Sean Avery (Owen Sound Platers) - he was a lot of fun to watch, even though he was, and still is, an incredible pain in the butt to have play against your team

Petr Kanko (Kitchener) - Kitchener's version of Sean Avery a couple of years later

Mike Richards (Kitchener) - may be my favourite of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad