Favourite hockey brand/company?

jacklours

Mar 5, 2003
Magog
Graf skates are definitely the bst ever skates, I doubt ill ever change company

As much Sher-Wood as it is possible for the (Always Sher-Wood sticks for me I don't want anything else). Except for the helmet where I have a Bauer and a Oakley half visor. I played Lacrosse with the Sher-Wood helmets for the past two yeras (well sher-wood sponsored them) they we're crap, always losening up and always cracked somewhere.
I had mission gloves (with the two fingers) but I switched when the Sher-Wood 5030 SE Vintage came on the market

MadDagoBU

Mar 7, 2006
nike 4000 helmet with an Oakley visor
Bauer Vapor 2 skates (which I love so much, so comfortable for me...they're the older style, like Afinogenov still wears)

Jofa gloves (which I'm not a huge fan of...not as durable as I hoped, and I'd rather have the foam feel than the leather feel) I wanna get a pair of the new NikeBauer supremes (not the one90 style...like the old style supremes) whenever they're actually made available.

easton z-bubble shaft with a CCM thornton blade. I also have a CCM wood stick with the Thornton blade as a backup

red tape to honor my alma mater of Boston University. I do the diagonal tape (real thin lines) down the shafts of my sticks too...originally did it because I saw that Freddy Meyer did it at BU, and I liked the feel

ccm pants, SherWood elbow pads, Itech shinpads, Easton shoulder pads

I definitely prefer the Bauer stuff. I was always a nike guy in every sport I played growing up, so it just cacme natural. Plus, after having a nightmarish pair of CCM skates for roller hockey and the Vapors that I love, that sealed it for me.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Bauer Skates
Gotta throw in some love for TPS Pads and Glove (I like Sherwoods as well for pads)
I always liked KOHO, RBK not so much.

I guess overall it would be TPS though.

GoBlues39

Jul 2, 2006
St. Louis
i dont think that nike or reebok belongs on hockey equipement, or golf for that matter. they should stick to basketball. i wont buy anything that has their logo on it. just recently i had to look long and hard for a pair of new ccm skates from before RBK. i got my pro tacks and still sporting the old ccm helmet, louisville rubber, khaki eagle gloves (look about 40 years old actually about 8 years old and falling apart), 8 year old ccm shin pads also falling apart probably replace them with jofa ones, and easton blade since no one makes a wooden blade that'll last more than 3 games. if i wouldn't have found the pro tacks probably would have gotten graf skates to avoid nike, RBK. i play mostly roller hockey and won't buy mission, tour, or any roller hockey equipement bc it is all flashy and brightly colored and IMO looks terrible. i have to buy ice hockey skates and switch the chassis over to avoid rainbow colored skates. i almost wish i was older and played back in the day before helmets.

LGB!

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
You all need to look into Ballistik sticks. They are a Canadian company who has been making composite sticks for over 13 years and 4 years ago decided to brand and market their own product. Before I got a chance to try a Ballistik, i was strictly a "wood" guy, but i actually liked the product so much that i quit my job and am not sales rep-ing for them in New England.

This week at the One Goal Hockey trade show in Toronto, Ballistik unveiled their new line of custom goalie pads and gloves... AWESOME stuff!!!

www.ballistikhockey.com

45 day warrarnty

Gartnerfan

Jan 17, 2007
St. Louis, MO
i dont think that nike or reebok belongs on hockey equipement, or golf for that matter. they should stick to basketball. i wont buy anything that has their logo on it. just recently i had to look long and hard for a pair of new ccm skates from before RBK. i got my pro tacks and still sporting the old ccm helmet, louisville rubber, khaki eagle gloves (look about 40 years old actually about 8 years old and falling apart), 8 year old ccm shin pads also falling apart probably replace them with jofa ones, and easton blade since no one makes a wooden blade that'll last more than 3 games. if i wouldn't have found the pro tacks probably would have gotten graf skates to avoid nike, RBK. i play mostly roller hockey and won't buy mission, tour, or any roller hockey equipement bc it is all flashy and brightly colored and IMO looks terrible. i have to buy ice hockey skates and switch the chassis over to avoid rainbow colored skates. i almost wish i was older and played back in the day before helmets.

LGB!

I am just getting back into hockey after a 12 year hiatus, and am having the same problem. I am buying new skates soon and I think I might go with Graf. I know I should not be too concerned with branding and appearances, but I am a bit sentimental.

topcorner

Jan 11, 2006
Graf skates and shoulder pads
Tackla pants
Jofa elbow and shin pads
Mia gloves
Bauer helmet

Islander102

Dec 28, 2006
CCM Helmet, Easton Gloves, Bauer shoulder/knee pads, Mission skates, CCM Pants,

I have four sticks, Two of the early Synergys, the original and si- core. TPS Adrenaline. Warrior Mac Daddy.

I have no preference to ewuipment, although Nike sucks. Warrior sticks might look like they come from a cartoon, but damn!

redlighthockey

Sep 10, 2006
East Coast
Skates : Bauer, best skates on the market period. Graf, ccm, can't compare to the inovation nike has added to the market. Reebok tried to push with the pump skates, but just as in basketball they were a dud.

Sticks : Bauer, Easton, Reebok basically whatever is handed to me.

Gloves : Eagle, although the new muskokas I got are pretty sweet.

Helmet : I had 5 concussions last season in my bauer 5000 and played threw them. But this year I picked up a reebok and haven't had one since. So reebok.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Skates : Bauer, best skates on the market period. Graf, ccm, can't compare to the inovation nike has added to the market. Reebok tried to push with the pump skates, but just as in basketball they were a dud.

:dunno: I love my RBK 9K pumps. A lot of girls I know wear the RBKs. Personally *I* like them more than any skate because I have small ankles and most girls who I talk to like them for that reason as well.

redlighthockey

Sep 10, 2006
East Coast
:dunno: I love my RBK 9K pumps. A lot of girls I know wear the RBKs. Personally *I* like them more than any skate because I have small ankles and most girls who I talk to like them for that reason as well.

I also have a narrow foot, but ccm run wide. And since reeboks are basically ccm's with a redone outside and pumps they also tend to run wider. Not sure why those would fit you any better than a pair of bauers.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
I also have a narrow foot, but ccm run wide. And since reeboks are basically ccm's with a redone outside and pumps they also tend to run wider. Not sure why those would fit you any better than a pair of bauers.

The difference is in the toe box. I have a fairly wide "foot" (ie the toebox) but a really narrow heel and ankle. CCMs have always fit me better. The Bauers gave me blisters all along my instep, even the new 190s. That and I spent the first two weeks tripping over my own two feet.

The heels in the CCMs are narrow so I don't feel any heel slippage. And with the pumps I can make them tight around my ankle. (I had surgery on my left one when I was 5.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad