Favourite Defunct NHL Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egghammer

Feb 21, 2004
London, ON
nikeisevil said:
Another great line. "If I want to call the Hartford Whalers a bunch of [bleeps] in the privacy of my own home - there's nothing wrong with that!"

What Kevin Smith is it that you're referring to? I've seen about half of his movies but don't think I've seen this one

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Egghammer said:
What Kevin Smith is it that you're referring to? I've seen about half of his movies but don't think I've seen this one

Chasing Amy? It's been a while since I've seen it.

And my answer is of course, The Whale. Still wear my green jersey every once in a while.

SkateLikeTheWind said:
Agreed. I've always wanted either the Nordique's Sakic jersey, or the North Stars Modano jersey. Just something about those jerseys that represent hockey so much better than some of the jerseys of today. Before I leave this Earth, I will own one of those two jerseys.

Ideally you should be hunting for Sakic's Nordiques jersey; Broten's North Stars Jersey, Hawerchuk's Jets jersey and Ron Francis' Whalers jersey. Just imagine the respect you would get from hockey nerds like ourselves....

Or if you're a goalie, Liut's Whalers, Essensa's Jets, Casey's North Stars and Bouchard's Nordiques.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
the whale. i guess my avatar gives that away. i grew up with a record of "Brass Bonanza", it had a radio call of a fight on the b-side. hockey video games were still using brass bonanza up to couple of years ago. ron francis (#4) or geoff sandersons (#13) rookie jerseys were the ones i always wanted. sakics nord jersey (away) is a classic too, though i wanted sundin's when i was a teenager.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Jets... I loved watching the Canucks and Jets battle. I remember the year I started watching hockey... first round of the playoffs that year the Canucks and Jets played. The Canucks were down 3 games to 1 :eek: Never forget that series.

Oh and I want a Khabibulin Jets jersey!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
The Jets defined the word 'cool'.

If the mid 90's Jet core would have stayed together and been modernized they would have been something special. Selanne, Zhamnov, Tkachuk, Doan, Khabibulin, Briere etc. Aside from Tkachuk being an ignorant jackass around town and holding out during every training camp, it was such a cool team.

Last edited:

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
The Nordiques, as a Habs fan I missed out on most of the Battle of Quebec games.

Spiral Architect

Jan 28, 2004
Vermont
Easily the Nordiques. Foppa, Foote and Sakic wearing their old Nordiques sweaters two years ago for a game back in Quebec was my favorite moment of the season.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Well, since the question is about which DEFUNCT NHL team, not one that moved, my answer would be:

The Montreal Maroons.

What a great name! And only English players on it, to compete with the Canadiens' French-speaking players.

Of the teams who have only MOVED, of course the North Stars (still have my 1985 jersey) and the Jets (have a Bobby Hull jersey from the WHA days...only I cut the sleeves off a bit later to make it fit longer!).

Never could stand the Whalers, I don't know why. Maybe it was the Coopperalls... :joker:

NucksOnly

Go Whitecaps & Lions
Sep 6, 2004
Vancouver
moneyp said:
The Blackhawks.

:lol Haha, you beat to to it! I was gonna add Nashville, Phoenix, Carolina, Atlanta, Florida...

For my favorite defunct team it would have to be the Nords cause of there blue jerseys and The Jets...

hunter1909*

i love the california golden seals...they were terrible...wore white(girls) skates...not that far off the mark considering they were from oakland...

seals never once made the playoffs...traded away the rights to draft guy lafleur for some older retread players...

when they played the canadiens...the score would either be 10-0...or else the seals would play so badly the habs would go into a funk and the game would be tied...

they should move the calgary flames to oakland...and rename them THE FLAMING RODEO QUEENS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad