Favourite #142 - Sidney Crosby vs. Connor McDavid

Which player do you like more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vakarte

May 30, 2022
I'm assuming that when you say "wake me up", that's because you're quite young and it's past your bed time... which would explain you not remembering Crosby's numerous dominant playoff performances? Playoff performances that resulted in, well, you know... actually Stanley Cups?

Using team accolades to determine who was better instead of well... you know how well the player played during the runs... is a choice.

Also, if you can tell me specific playoff runs that Crosby dominated to the level of 22 McDavid, I'll love to hear about them.

Reactions: I am not exposed

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Using team accolades to determine who was better instead of well... you know how well the player played during the runs... is a choice.

Also, if you can tell me specific playoff runs that Crosby dominated to the level of 22 McDavid, I'll love to hear about them.
After three rounds in 2009, Crosby had 14 goals and 14 assists to lead the league in scoring. This was in a lower scoring NHL against significantly stronger first and second round match-ups, on a team where Ruslan Fedetenko and the ghost of Bill Guerin were the 3rd and 4th leading scorers. Considering he went on to win it all, you can't really make the case that McDavids' "run" was better.

With Crosby going on to win multiple Cups and Smythes after this, playoff performances are really the last factor that you should be using to differentiate between these two players.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
1660326950678.png

Tough to pick a winner... :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad